IndiaDivine.org

White Tantric Yoga and Pregnancy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guru Rakha Kaur,Here is information from the Conscious Pregnancy Yoga approach, as taught by Yogi Bhajan (per the training with Tarn Taran Kaur Khalsa).   The Conscious Pregnancy manual says "White Tantic Yoga acceptable, however discuss with the Tantric Facilitator before the course".  I did a summary of what is appropriate for a pregnancy class I taught, so this might help (some wording is directly from the 2005 Conscious Pregnancy manual, some things I added).Guidance for pregnancy yoga after the 120th day:* Do appropriate warm-ups and postures, ideal are life nerve stretch, butterfly, cat/cow, spinal twist, squat, pelvic tilt, pelvic floor strengtheners, active prayer pose, shoulder lifts, shoulder circles, aura sweep, hearth center activator. Ideally, practice kriyas specifically for pregnancy, or modify other kriyas as follows...* Practice all exercises slowly and gently, with awareness of breathing, and breathe toward the child. No breath suspension out after the exhale, best to have relaxed breathing or long-deep breathing, with slow, smooth gentle inhalation and exhalation through the nose.  Also, you can practice one minute breath.* Frequently change position, shake out arms and legs. If you are not comfortable, it is best to move.  It is fine to use props, like a cushion or blankets for modifications during pregnancy.* Do supported and side lying relaxation (ideally on the left side), especially after 6th month.* Avoid belly exercises, putting pressure on the abdominal area; no lying on the stomach, no inverted postures.  No stimulating breathwork and no suspending breath on the exhale.  Specifically, no baby pose after 5th month, no standing life nerve stretch variations after 36th week, no breath of fire, no locks (except pelvic floor exercises, which is not the same as root lock, since it does not include pulling the belly back toward the spine), no leg lifts except side lying or sitting with hands behind you on floor, no inversions, no Sat Kriya, no lying on back after 6th month, no Venus Kriyas (partner exercises are ok), no thigh strengthening postures, no heavily detoxifying exercises.* Do not do exercises or breathwork that over-stimulate. Do not do anything that stresses you or push yourself to exercise harder.  Avoid exercises that aggravate weak areas or prior injuries.* During practice, use your own innate intelligence regarding your body. Do not strain or push too hard, and at any time if you are very tired or feel pain, stop, rest and breathe, joining in again when you are ready. If your abdomen becomes hard (tight and stretched-up), stop and relax.  Come hydrated and bring water with you. Eat a high carbohydrate/protein snack regularly, especially if you need energy.  You should eat something small before practice when pregnant.Generally, Conscious Pregnancy classes include meditations with challenging arm exercises to build the nervous system, strengthen the aura and prepare a woman to focus during labor, so it seems White Tantric would likely benefit you and your baby.  Since, women are the co-creator during pregnancy, having a great effect on the psyche of the child, your thoughts and experiences impact the baby, so you can choose to have a positive effect, and clearly White Tantric will carry you!Hope that helps! I look forward to others' thoughts, especially women who have attended White Tantric when pregnant.Sat Nam,Cristin yoga simranwww.yogasimran.com Kundalini-Yoga Date: October 15, 2008 1:23:34 PM GMT+02:00Kundalini-Yoga Subject: Digest Number 1288"No Reply"<notify-dg-Kundalini-Yoga > Kundalini-YogaMessages In This Digest (2 Messages)1a.Re: On Line Community for Summer Solstice 2008 mtsthrln2.White Tantric Yoga and Pregnancy Kristin MarescaView All Topics | Create New TopicMessages1a.Re: On Line Community for Summer Solstice 2008Posted by: "mtsthrln" mtsthrln   mtsthrlnTue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 pm (PDT)--- In Kundalini-Yoga , "mtsthrln" <mtsthrln wrote:>> Sat Nam every one! A friend of mine (Amarpreet Singh) created an online community for > every one who attended summer solstice this year to share photos, music, experiences and > maybe even Sadhana tips! Please come check us out and join up and tell all your friends. This > is Hari Sadhana Singh from the luggage service team 2008 Wahe Guru!!! > > http://aquarianpilgrims.ning.com/>One more thing I thought I should mention about this online community is that it is not just for people who attended summer solstice this year its also for any kundalini yoga practitioners who might want to connect with like minded people! Namaste... For that matter there is no limit to who might want to be involved and share some light and love..Back to topReply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (2)2.White Tantric Yoga and PregnancyPosted by: "Kristin Maresca" kmaresca   kmmarescaTue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 pm (PDT)Sat Nam All!I have a quick question about White Tantric Yoga during pregnancy. I'mjust over 20 weeks pregnant and am strongly considering attendingWhite Tantric the weekend after next in Herndon, VA. I've been quitea few times, so this won't be my first experience with it. I'm fairlycertain that White Tantric would actually be good for the pregnancy,but does anyone else have other experiences? Also, is there anythingthat I should be cautious with during White Tantric (I know BOF,breath retention, anything lying on stomach, or lying on back forextended periods)? I will likely get up and stretch between eachmeditation to keep up my circulation. Any advice and thoughts wouldbe greatly appreciated!Peace and light,Guru Rakha KaurBack to topReply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post Messages in this topic (1)RECENT ACTIVITY13New MembersVisit Your Group FinanceIt's Now PersonalGuides, news,advice & more.Food LoversReal Food Groupon find out more.10 Day Clubon Share the benefitsof a high fiber diet.Need to Reply?Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the WebMessages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar Change settings via the Web ( ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Individual | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group |  Terms of Use | Un

over the twenty odd years that i have been sttending the solstice sadhanas, i have seen some very pregnant women doing white tantrics, with no ill affects.

nowadays, we have a number of teachers (for example gurmuck kaur in l a, bibi bhani kaur in phoenix) who specialize in teaching ky for pregnancy and birth. try contacting some of our pre-natal ky teachers; you can find them listed in the teacher listing through kri or 3ho.

sat nam, god bless:

gur simran singh

Sat Nam Guru Rakha, I did White Tantric this past summer when I was 4 months pregnant and it was a great experience. My girlfriend did it also 2 years ago when she was 6 months! So I would definitely do it. The other thing you  need to avoid are inversions and breath of fire. No navel pumping!My other advice is to bring extra food (especially protein !) because you don't get enough meals there. My midwife has asked that I eat a little something every 2 hours to keep the blood sugar level. Also you might consider bringing some Psyillium husk as one has a tendency to get a bit constipated at solstice :) Best wishes,CM C.M. Hardt Filmmaker / Photographer CM Picturescmwww.cmhardt.com www.deathinelvalle.com T. 323 257 5970C. 310 403 4772

• 1 year later...

Sat Nam everyone!Thanks Karta Purkh Singhs. :)This brings up a question--- what about a pregnant woman participating in a Full Moon Healing Ring of the Tantra?Blessings,Premdev Kaur

Go for it!!! : )

Kate Lynch

Kundalini-Yoga , Wambezi Ungowa <premdevkaur wrote:

>

> Sat Nam everyone!

> Thanks Karta Purkh Singhs. :)

> This brings up a question--- what about a pregnant woman participating in a

Full Moon Healing Ring of the Tantra?

> Blessings,

> Premdev Kaur

>