IndiaDivine.org

Vitality & Stress KYTT, Chicago, Sept/Oct 2009

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sat Nam, Beautiful People,

Another great reason to visit the Chicago sangat in our exhilarating city on the lake:

Spirit Rising Yoga will be hosting a second Level II KYTT module in Chicago in the Fall of 2009. (Conscious Communication will be held here in Jan & Feb of 2009.)

"Vitality & Stress"

Presented by Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhD, and S.S. Shiva Singh Khalsa E-RYT 500.

September 18-20October 2-4

9am - 6 pm"If you cannot stand the pressure, then you do not know that you are a human being, because the human being has been made to withstand extreme pressure to crystallize the consciousness."—Yogi BhajanIn this six-day course, we will cultivate the core skill for this coming age – our own vitality—the ability to recognize stress in our self and others and be able to transform it and balance it with its polarity, conscious relaxation. This course is our chance to look closely at how we react to, cope with and master our vitality.• We will build our core vitality, mental endurance and spiritual clarity.• We will identify our stress personality.• We will explore the process, effects and downsides of too much stress.• We will identify strategies to cope with stress and cultivate conscious relaxation.As teachers, each of us must be experts in the conversation of stress and leaders in helping each person find their inner vitality, mental endurance and spiritual reality. Each Transformation course is guided by a core affirmation that represents our consciousness and achievement.The affirmation for Vitality and Stress is:"I cultivate my core vitality to honor and use the opportunities that come with each breath—to receive them as a gift. I recognize the value of my physical and energetic bodies and take steps to maintain them. I thrive under stress and challenge; I am a spiritual warrior who leads, uplifts and delivers effective decisions. I practice a lifestyle that incorporates continuous preventative habits for vitality and victory. I have the mental and spiritual endurance to cross every crisis and be a beacon to navigate and excel in the Aquarian Age."Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhDhas taught Kundalini Yoga since 1971, specializing since 1986 in teaching people with chronic or life threatening illness and their family members, under the direction of Yogi Bhajan. At his request she founded Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine and Humanology in Espanola, NM, to address the influence of stress effects on health outcomes. The Center provides direct client services, professional training and conducts outcome studies on the medical effects of yoga practice. She is a medical family therapist, a KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga teacher trainer, a RYT 500, and a charter member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Dr. Khalsa trains yoga teachers and health professionals to incorporate Kundalini Yoga and Meditation in the psychological, spiritual and behavioral aspects of health recovery.S.S. Shiva Singh KhalsaChicago's foremost Kundalini Yoga Teacher, S.S. Shiva Singh Khalsa is the President of 3HO Foundation of Illinois, the Midwest's Senior Kundalini Yoga Level 1 and Level 2 Teacher Trainer. One of Yogi Bhajan's original students, Shiva Singh's beloved spiritual teacher, the Master of Kundalini Yoga and the Mahan Tantric, Yogi Bhajan ji said of him, "You have been an inspiration to me." Since 1971 Shiva Singh has taught and lectured on yoga and meditation and other mind-body topics in scores of venues and to various populations ranging from children to university students to incarcerated felons.This will be an awesome training & we would love to have fellow practitioners from out-of-town join us, so put it on your calendar now!For registration and information on accomodations contact:info or call 773.975.9754.

Sat Nam Jis,

You in Chicago are so fortunate to have Dr Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa facilitating this particular module of Level Two training! I highly recommend that anyone who hasn't yet taken this module take advantage of this opportunity to learn from Shanti Shanti Kaur, who is uniquely qualified to teach it. You will not be disappointed.

She also leads a KRI Level One Training in NM that is a one-of-a-kind experience, "oriented toward health professionals and those seeking a deeper understanding of the health benefits of Kundalini yoga. Includes a review of the scientific research on the medical effects of yoga and meditation and provides the foundation for future training in yoga therapeutics. You will find training with this focus nowhere else!" (www.grdcenter.org).

This is an exceptional Level One Training due in large measure to (1) Dr. Khalsa's wealth of education and experience in bringing the practices of KY to people with all kinds of physical conditions and challenges, and (2) her familiarity with reams of current research and her ability to make it understandable and relevant.

I would imagine she will bring the same formidable talents to this Vitality and Stress training. Plus she is soooooo approachable and a delightful personality. (And no, she didn't pay me to write any of this!)

I plan to be there!

MJ

Sat Nam, Beautiful People,Another great reason to visit the Chicago sangat in our exhilaratingcity on the lake: Spirit Rising Yoga will be hosting a second Level II KYTT module inChicago in the Fall of 2009. (Conscious Communication will be held herein Jan & Feb of 2009.)"Vitality & Stress" Presented by Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhD, and S.S. Shiva SinghKhalsa E-RYT 500.September 18-20October 2-4 9am - 6 pm Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhDhas taught Kundalini Yoga since 1971, specializing since 1986 inteaching people with chronic or life threatening illness and theirfamily members, under the direction of Yogi Bhajan. At his request shefounded Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine and Humanology in Espanola, NM,to address the influence of stress effects on health outcomes. TheCenter provides direct client services, professional training andconducts outcome studies on the medical effects of yoga practice. She isa medical family therapist, a KRI Certified Kundalini Yoga teachertrainer, a RYT 500, and a charter member of the InternationalAssociation of Yoga Therapists. Dr. Khalsa trains yoga teachers andhealth professionals to incorporate Kundalini Yoga and Meditation in thepsychological, spiritual and behavioral aspects of health recovery.

For registration and information on accomodations contact:info <info or call773.975.9754.