IndiaDivine.org

JAW

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think this may be similar to an exercise I have clients do...roll the tongue around the outside of the teeth in big circles...5x one direction then 5x the other direction. This is great for loosening up the muscles. Aside from the wonderful yogic sets for throat and the throat chakra sound of LAAAAA, another simple but effective method of relieving tension in the throat is sounding...making whatever primal sounds feel right in the moment. I haven't done this in awhile, but my favorite method is in the bathtub with my ears under the water...creates lovely effects. Just let go and have fun with it. I am comfortable doing it around my family, but if you don't want others listening, find a time alone so you can fully let go.

I would also offer the reminder that the heart and throat chakras are closely linked so maybe play with some yoga sets for both areas. A beautiful one is Essence of Self found in Kundalini Yoga by Shakta Kaur and maybe other manuals. When done full time there is a 31 heart meditation at the end. I taught this in a class just last night and the effects are powerful!

Jamie Durner, Life & Wellness Coach - a bodymind centered approach to help you discover healing and harmony from the inside out.

jdurner

cell: 262-389-5835

scheduling: 262-782-1616

web & newsletter sign up: http://www.jamiedurner.com

"We must be willing to get rid of the life that we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come." Joseph Campbell

Reliable Email and Newsletters with Ease: http://www.aweber.com/?305789

Using the Mantra Wah Hey Guru, exaggerating the movement of the jaw:

On " Wha " letting the jaw drop open wide

On " Hey " stretch the lips back wide in a smile to reach the muscles at the

jaw

On " Guru " exaggerate the " u " sound, stretching the lips forward into an " u "

-Sada Sat Kaur