IndiaDivine.org

cold remedies?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Brian,

I gargle with salt water way back into the throat to remove mucus and pull congestion out of the sinus cavities. It is yuck, and the yuckier the better!

I use a netti pot to clean nostrils and sinus cavities. I use saline solution, and use uniodized salt.

Both of the above prevents the cold from going into my chest.

I keep my feet and chest warm with hot water bottle, vest, wool socks or whatever and get the rest I need while eating lightly or not at all (as my body dictates).

When I am run down, it is easy for a virus or germs to take hold. I take Echinacea when coming down with a cold to boost my immune system. It doesn't work once the illness is in my body.

BUT... Zinc is good and can be taken when my body is weak, coming down with something to ward it off, when my skin is breaking out, and when I am already sick (if not intestinal).

I have tried a new product by a great company NEW CHAPTERS with the only product I know of that works on a viral infection "BLOCKADE." It is made with elderberries, blueberries and TASTES GOOD! It is a lozenger to dissolve in my mouth. Children love the taste. It has become our very best seller. It has worked for us and appears to be effectual for others. I only take two a day for positive results. We always keep it on hand with zinc, just in case. When I am coming down with something the last thing I have energy for is shopping for what I need to get better.

Apologies for references to "me, I, my." This is been my personal experience. I am not prescribing, nor am I suggesting that any of you should do what I have done. Please see your medical doctor for any health suggestions.

Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Holy and Prosperous New Year!

Satnam.

Kind regards,

Siri Bandhu

Humble ModeratorKundalini-Yoga , "nitawabrian" <nitawabrian wrote:>> Hi, > > I've got cold, and I was wondering what sort of natural cures might speed up the healing > process. Raw garlic? Vitamin c? I'd love to hear suggestions.> > Thanks,> Brian>

Hi,

I think you've got it. I take daily garlic supplements and just boost them when I have a cold, though they can be a little tough on the tummy if you don't eat first. Vitamin C- I find really helpful, I take several packets of something called EmergenC/ day. Lots of water, oh Zinc is helpful as well.

Hope you feel better.

Christine

nitawabrian <nitawabrianKundalini-Yoga Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 8:55:07 AM cold remedies?

Hi, I've got cold, and I was wondering what sort of natural cures might speed up the healing process. Raw garlic? Vitamin c? I'd love to hear suggestions.Thanks,Brian

Hi Brian,

I make a tea out of fresh ginger, fresh lemon juice, fresh garlic, and

honey. It really nips a cold in the bud. I got the recipe off of Andrew

Weil's website years ago. It's called " winter tea, " I believe.

It has stopped a cold in its tracks for me. Hope it works for you, as

well.

Oh, I know some people who swear by Airborne, too.

Satpal Kaur