> I just found out that someone I know has cancer at the base of the tongue. He

does not practice yoga. Is there any significance to developing cancer on such

a site?

>

> Rain

>

Guest guest

Dear Rain,

Your friend has my prayers to go through this challenge with kindness and great self love!

I have been doing intuitive transformational healing with folks for many, many years now. And what I always find is that diseases, discomforts and accidents are not what I would call karmic punishments. Karma of any kind is Soul's way of introducing the next chapter of transformation leading to our development of pure wisdom. As Yogi Bhajan always said, "There is no right and no wrong (i.e. no good, no bad). Thinking makes it so."

So, Dear, I don't mean to single you out, but you have given me the opportunity to speak to all our kind readers.

I do not use Louise Hay's system of identifying people's difficulties as caused by their own shortcomings for three reasons. The first is because that usually makes the sufferer feel so guilty that they brought this on themselves--which usually retards their healing. Next is that in my experience, this cookie cutter, one-system-fits-all does not deal with the actual source of that person's specific challenge. I usually find it to be superficial and wrong. And the third is that all the "spiritual people" around them often use that person's challenge to heavily judge that person and impose all kinds of stupid ego stuff on them under the guise of "helping them." You might like to read a newsletter article that I wrote about this at www.SoulAnswer.com/healthy_healing.html . It's the last one on that page. Can you believe that someone acutally didn't tell any of their vast number of "spiritual" friends that they had cancer because they knew that those judgments would hurt them even more?

My suggestion would be to first please LOVE that person. That is the very most powerful way anyone can add to another person's healing on all levels! Don't be freaked out by their illness or accident to the point that you (not you personally, but anyone) need to lecture them in complicated "laws of the spirit." Doing so would only be your way of mentally distancing yourself from their perdicament while trying to maintain a "spiritual" front. Sit with them, listen to them, be kind to them, serve them, and don't judge them. That neutralility and love is the essence of your Spiritual Path and it provides healing for them. And if they are interested in energy healing, herbs, yoga and meditation, etc., please kindly and lovingly serve them with it.

Rather, in my practice, I have invariably found that before our Soul comes into our body for a lifetime, it has chosen our challenges! And the accidents, illnesses, and other huge challenges that we face are actually doorways that Soul has imbedded in the course of our life to provide opportunities for growth, realizing the next level of Who we are, forgiving ourselves and others as we are ready, provding opportunities o love even more. And there must be no judgments made about anyone as to whether they accept that course of healing right then or not. THERE IS MUCH TO GAIN EITHER WAY.

Yogi Bhajan always told us that we can walk this path fast or slow, but in the end, we all arrive at the same destination--full union with the God Source! Love, service, neutrality (not numbness or cutting off, but being in the full, open presence of our God Self)--those are the foundations of our spiritual path! I know that you, in your good and caring heart can do this, Dear!

Lots of Love,

Siri-Gian

www.SoulAnswer.com

If you like, you can sign up for my regular free newsletter there.