IndiaDivine.org

Difficult People

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Andrea,

Many eastern belief systems hold that our souls have contracts and that we come into this body in order to learn what we need to learn in this incarnation. Our souls travel in clusters and thus we are often in close and constant contact throughout our lives with people who push our buttons in order to expand our consciousness. Yogi Bhajan often said that "Your children are your teachers". I have found it helpful to expand this notion to the concept that we are surrounded by teachers and the most annoying and challenging individuals that we have to deal with are often our best teachers. Everything that irritates us in another person is either present in ourselves, a representation of something within ourselves that we do not tolerate, or conversely ,something we need to learn. For me my daughter has been extremely trying ,however without her presents( I spell it this way deliberately) I would not have found

my spiritual path or improved myself in myriad other ways, Not that I still don't have a long way to go! Tolerance improves as your nervous system develops,

For me a powerful kriya that uses the navel center has always had fantastic results on enhancing my capacity for patience especially when done for 40 plus days. My favorite is "Mastering Your Domain" found in the manual "Inner-Workout" and also in Shakta Kaur Khalsa's book "Kundalini Yoga",

It is great that the yoga has helped you so quickly and keep up!

Love and Light

Jane Bentley

Guest guest

Jane -

You are obviously a teacher, as we all are! I really resonate with your response to Andrea in your post about difficult people. Some students and I were having a similar discussion at breakfast after Sadhana on Sunday, and you have very wise words that I will print out and keep as a lesson for myself and any other students who ask: "How do I deal with difficult people...."

I love your use of the word "presents" when describing your daughter - "...For me my daughter has been extremely trying ,however without her presents( I spell it this way deliberately) I would not have found my spiritual path or improved myself in myriad other ways..." It is more or less exactly what I was telling my students at breakfast - and I so appreciate how eloquently you expressed it.

Thank you for the lesson.

Blessings,

Guru Jiwan Kaur

Corrales, New Mexico

"Laugh because that is your purpose in life. Love because that is what you came here for. Shine because that is important. Share because it is demanded of you." ~Yogi Bhajan

Guest guest

Jane,

Thank you very much for your reply, I completely agree!

Love and light,

Andrea

Kundalini-Yoga , Jane Bentley <janebentley8 wrote:

>

> Dear Andrea,

> ���� Many eastern belief systems hold that our souls have contracts

and that we come into this body in order to learn what we need to learn in this

incarnation.� Our souls travel in clusters and thus we are often in close and

constant contact throughout our lives with people who push our buttons in order

to expand our consciousness. Yogi Bhajan often said that " Your children are your

teachers " . I have found it helpful to expand this notion to the concept that we

are surrounded by teachers and the most annoying and challenging individuals

that we�have to deal with� are often our best teachers. Everything that

irritates us in another person is either present in ourselves, a representation

of something within ourselves that we do not tolerate, or conversely ,something

we need to learn. For me my daughter has been extremely trying ,however without

her presents( I spell it this way deliberately) I would not have found my

spiritual path or improved

> myself in myriad other ways, Not that I still don't have a long way to go!

Tolerance improves as your nervous system develops,

> ����� For me a powerful kriya that uses the navel center has always

had fantastic results on enhancing my capacity for patience especially when done

for 40 plus days. My favorite is " Mastering Your Domain " found in the manual

" Inner-Workout " and also in Shakta Kaur Khalsa's book " Kundalini Yoga " ,

> ���� It is great that the yoga has helped you so quickly and keep up!

> Love and Light

> Jane Bentley

> �

>