IndiaDivine.org

healing from mental illness Re:Whole Self Recovery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sat nam Deva!

What beautiful work ... I am grateful for your strength and choice to help those

with addictions ... Have you in your work met/worked with people " dually

diagnosed? " (aka dealing with drug addiction and mental illness?)

For about a decade I volunteered (and for 9 months worked full-time) for a an

international organization helping people from all walks of life living with

mental illness.

It is a subject which lies close to my heart having grown up in NYC with so many

mentally I'll homeless and " neurotic " main streamers for that matter.

Could people from the list share their experience, if applicable, working with

the mentally ill, recommendations on books, 3ho/kundalini teachers who have

focused on that on there teaching and, if open, personal experiences positive or

negative with kundalini and mood/ emotional health.

I ask all this because since my first introduction to kundalini (my teacher

training) I have wanted to bring the experience of kundalini to this organiztion

and these beautiful, but often suffering, spirits, but have been concerned due

to its power.

I wanted to educate myself as best I could and/ or work with someone who has

prior experience.

Thank you for sharing ...

Guest guest

Sat Nam Hannah,We have worked some with those who have mental disorders, but honestly it is extremely challenging and in most casesmedical expertise is usually needed. There is a great book called Kundalini Yoga Meditations for psychiatric disorders which I highly recommend.

Here is a link on the spirit voyage website for more info.http://www.spiritvoyage.com/Search_Page.aspx?SearchTerm=Kundalini%20Yoga%20Meditation%20:%20Techniques%20Specific%20for%20Psychiat

It is extremely scientifically based, but has great meditations and sets for Bi-polar, schitzophrenia and other disorders.Shanti Shanti Kaur is an amazing teacher in this realm and Dr Kartar is fantastic for the drug detox work.

Let know if you need anything else and good luck with all your work.I know how challenging it can be.Deva SinghOn Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:48 AM, Hannah <hannahakent wrote:

Sat nam Deva!

What beautiful work ... I am grateful for your strength and choice to help those with addictions ... Have you in your work met/worked with people " dually diagnosed? " (aka dealing with drug addiction and mental illness?)

For about a decade I volunteered (and for 9 months worked full-time) for a an international organization helping people from all walks of life living with mental illness.

It is a subject which lies close to my heart having grown up in NYC with so many mentally I'll homeless and " neurotic " main streamers for that matter.

Could people from the list share their experience, if applicable, working with the mentally ill, recommendations on books, 3ho/kundalini teachers who have focused on that on there teaching and, if open, personal experiences positive or negative with kundalini and mood/ emotional health.

I ask all this because since my first introduction to kundalini (my teacher training) I have wanted to bring the experience of kundalini to this organiztion and these beautiful, but often suffering, spirits, but have been concerned due to its power.

I wanted to educate myself as best I could and/ or work with someone who has prior experience.

Thank you for sharing ...