IndiaDivine.org

Mantra and meditation inspired or writen by Guru Arjun

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Kundalini Sangat,

Can someone out there tell me if there is a mantra or meditation that was

specifically written by or inspired by Guru Arjun?

I am grateful in advance for your knowledge and wish you the Guru's Grace,

Liv Nam Kaur

Guest guest

The Shabad Hazaray - the purest and most powerful love song - was written by Guru Arjan.

" Shabad Hazaray is the Bani of longing for the beloved. It was written by Guru Arjan when he was separated from Guru Ram Das for a long period of time. During that period of separation he sent these three letters to his beloved Guru and Father. Reciting this shabad brings union of the beloved. "

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Shabad_Hazaray

Also the Kirtan Sohila, a collection of hymns of Guru Nanak, Guru Amardas and Guru Arjan Dev, is the last of the Sikh Banis, and can be recited every day before going to sleep at night.

" This is the night prayer said by all Sikhs before sleeping. It is the most harmonious Naad ever uttered. It multiplies the aura to the sensitivity of protection that it eliminates any negativity for miles and miles. When you are endangered by any species of direct or indirect source; when you want to protect yourself with the surrounding of the entire magnetic field of the earth, recite Kirtan Sohila. "

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php?title=Kirtan_Sohila

Listen to Snatam's beautiful version here:

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/index.php/2006/07/13/kirtan-sohila-sung-by-snatam-kaur/

Guru Arjan Dev Ji represents number 5 (the Teacher), Self-sacrifice, and the Fifth Body (the Physical Body)

Positive Manifestation: Balance, Ability to serve.Negative Manifestation: greedy, jealous, competitive.I was taught that practicing the Sarbangdande Kriya Sequence (passing from Triangle Pose to Cobra Pose and return) is very beneficial for the Fifth Body.

Hope this helps, Sat NamUttamjeet, Rome - Italy

Guest guest

Shabd Hazare: A thousand ShabdsYou can also listen to Mera Man Loche....the Shabd Hazare recordedby SatKirin Kaur Khalsa from the CD UNIVERSAL PRAYER...track #3.Guru Arjan Dev was a prolific writer of prayers and put them all to meditativemusical format called SHABDS. These prayers when sung will cut through egoand negativity and elevate our consiousness to experience our infinity.Hie wrote thousands of these Shabds as meditations for human excellance.All are recorded in the scriptures of the SIKHS called SIRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB.I have recorded so many of these in UNIVERSAL PRAYER, LIGHTNESS OF BEING,BLESSINGS OF A WOMAN, SHABD I, SHABD II. You can find these at :www.satkirin.com as well as www.cdbaby.comGod bless you, SatKirin Kaur Khalsa I ever sing God's praise and speak God's Nam and by Guru's instruction I enjoy the love of God. www.satkirin.com 917-992-6382

Guest guest

Sat Nam Liv Nam Kaur,

Yes, one of the Aquarian Sadhana Meditations is by Guru Arjan, " Rakhay

Rakhan Har " , a prayer for protection. Guru Arjan gave us 2000 healing

shabads--more than any other one author of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib,

including the one that exemplifies his essence, Sukhmani Sahib (Peace

Lagoon). He also gave us the Narayan Shabad, which we do evenings at the

Mother Ashram to restore the Khalsa to its destiny, and Mata Ki Asees, a

prayer of a mother for her child.

Not only was he a great composer, he was also a great yogi and

transcended his physical body during his martyrdom on a hot plate. He

also compiled the Siri Guru Granth Sahib's writings and built the Golden

Temple of Amritsar. He is referred to as Partuk Har--personified God.

All of his writings have great yogic power.

Loving Blessings,

SS Guru Prem Kaur Khalsa

http://www.yogagems.com