IndiaDivine.org

how to get a lower car rental rate for Summer Solstice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sat nam everyone,My husband is arriving in New Mexico for Solstice late in the game due to work commitments, so he has to rent a car to get to the mountain. Car rental rates from Albuquerque Airport have been rather high (starting around $59/day on Hotwire and Priceline), but we managed to find a workable solution that is about $25 cheaper per day. Since some of you reading this may be in the same boat, I thought I'd share my discovery to help you save a few $$.Enterprise has several off-airport locations that quote much lower daily rates on their Web site (Enterprise.com). There are a couple of catches:The off-airport branches keep regular business hours (7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. M-F, 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday), so if your departure or arrival is outside those hours or on a Sunday, you'll need to make other arrangements, andYou will need transportation to the branch location. The branch I called said they are a 15-minute taxi ride from ABQ airport, which is about $20. Enterprise will give you a free ride to the airport after you return the car, so it's a one-time cost. If the above conditions aren't a problem, here's how to make a reservation:1. Go to http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/home.do 2. For Step 1, enter Albuquerque, NM and complete the rest of the form with your dates, etc.3. Under Optional, enter the following coupon code to get an additional discount: ETC9HC. (Note: this coupon code only works for reservations from non-airport locations.)4. Click Search.5. You will see a list of branch locations. Click Next until you locate the Lomas Boulevard branch location. (You can go with another branch, but I don't know their proximity to the airport or whether they offer free airport drop-off.)6. Click Special next to the 1200 Lomas Blvd. location.7. Select the car you want to rent and proceed with your reservation.Good luck!Nimrita K.