IndiaDivine.org

So Darshan Chakra Kriya

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I love So Darshan Chakra Kriya. I've been doing it for 62 minutes a day for 15 years, half of my time in 3HO, and it seems to cover just about everything. I also love the morning sadhana chants, so I don't have much time to do other meditations in addition for any length of time, so maybe i can't really compare SDCK to anything else any more. All I can say is it's well worth the time and effort.

There are so many processes to go through, within a meditation and over time, both. All I can say is just go through it. There have been plenty of times when one or both nostrils clogged up on me, too, for whatever reason. The best you can do, then, is use visualization and project the prana moving through, even if the air is a little reluctant. In my experience, with a strong visualization, it works just fine.

The same principle works for anything else that comes up, physical, mental, or time pressure. You just project perfection and do the best you can. No problem.

Guru Dev also suggested to me to do SDCK with Guru Raj Kaur's recording of Narayan. He referenced a conversation he had with Yogi Bhajan about it; the original recommendation came from Yogi Bhajan, and it was a general recommendation. One of the cool things about this recording of the Narayan shabd is the timing. The shabd is in a 3-beat meter, corresponding with Wah He Guru three beats. As you settle into the practice, the navel pumping tends for me to follow the timing of the shabd, one pull per beat. It ends up being a nearly sixty-second breath meditation, then, though the tempo of the shabd does change a little over the hour in the way they sing it. Understand that Yogi Bhajan and Guru Dev did not specify this timing aspect; it's just one of the several benefits I have found in combining this shabd with the practice.

Anyway, I could go on and on about this meditation, but not now. Just stay with the practice and enjoy it as much as you can, even though it gets tough at times for all of us.

Blessings,

Sham Rang

In a message dated 8/5/2009 5:02:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, hapagirl420 writes:

Sat nam,Congrats on undertaking such a challenging and powerful kriya for your personal practice. The first time I did SDK for 11 minutes while in teacher training, I released a lot of inner anger over several days. The experience really hammered home to me how we need to treat our practice with respect and with the best intentions.As for tips, I was instructed by Guru Dev Singh (the Sat Nam Rasayan master) to listen to Narayan Shabd while doing SDK. I use Guru Raj Kaur's recording, which Spirit Voyage has (http://www.spiritvoyage.com/yoga/The-Narayan-Shabd/Guru-Raj-Kaur/CDS-001603.aspx).Good luck!Nimrita Kundalini-Yoga , "gurvinderpal.singh" <gurvinderpal.singh wrote:>> Sat Naam> I was wondering if anyone could have anypointers on this kriya. With> Waheguru's Grace i've been able to this kriya for like 20 days, i> think, but the problem now is that its really beginning to suck> alot... my mind still doesn't want to do it. i'm currently at 31> mins, but now it seems that my left nostril is clogging up and i can> barely breathe. Also i tend to burp alot too, this is getting really> too much. > > any pointers though. thank you> sat naam> -Gurvinderpal Singh>