IndiaDivine.org

Beyond the Neti Pot is... Nasya!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sat Nam Ji!

Nasya is the nasal administration of medicinal herbs and essential oils macerated in sesame oil. The nose is the doorway to the brain, mind and consciousness. Prana, life force, enters our bodies through the breath. Lubrication of the nasal passages with medicated oil provides subtle moisture to the air we breathe and affects the higher cerebral faculties and sensory organs. It promotes clarity of perception, intuition and stimulates memory. Nasya enhances cerebral circulation, restoring and balancing prana in the body.Nasya oil is both nurturing and nourishing, alleviating allergies, head colds, sinusitis, headaches, and certain eye and ear problems, and numerous discomforts that occur above the clavicle area. It is normally administered daily in the morning but it may be also used throughout the day, in the case of allergies and sinusitis. Nasya may be used in the ears to prevent or treat earaches. Application to the nose using tanmantra is very soothing to the mind. To use it in this way apply a drop or two and rim the inside of each nostril coating it thoroughly. This may be done 3 times, sniffing deeply with each application. Nasya is a Pancha Karma Therapy where during PK it is done in a more aggressive manner, but the results are the same. You may also substitute Ghee for the sesame oil. I have a client that is an eye surgeon and he likes to use it before performing surgery as it sharpens the mind and adds focus. I make a formula and it is available at my web site. I use Mantra, Yantra, and prayer with all products. Busy Day Go! Ayurveda Organic Nasya Oil is a balancing formula for all Doshas, and especially healing for Vata Dosha. It relieves mental and emotional stress, anxiety, fear and negativity and therefore is extremely useful in the cleansing process or for the energy shifts of our present time.

Busy Day Go! Ayurveda Nasya Oil Drops www.busydaygo.com Certified organically grown herbs including Brahmi, Calamus, and eucalyptus in a base of certified organic sesame oil. Nasya is traditionally used in Ayurveda for sinus conditions and headaches, to promote clarity and balance prana. Useful for all doshas, it provides protection from the environment, helps decongest the nasal passages and soothes and nourishes the tissues.

Blessings in Health!

Guru Ravi Kaur

Ayurvedic Practitioner