IndiaDivine.org

Re:Walking up the mountain (lyrics)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

WALKING UP THE MOUNTAIN By Gurudain Singh KhalsaIn the Jemez Ponderosa, where the pinion meets the sky,The hardest granite mountains meet the rain clouds flying high.As you and I look down and see the world spread out below,With different eyes and hearts, and all the different things we know.There are cars down on the highway, ten miles to the east;See the distant glint of sunlight in the dancing waves of heat.To you, you see their faces, in the failing lives they lead;You wink at me and reckon there's a way I might succeed.CHORUS: Walking up the mountain, and I've got you by my side.I've got thunder in the valley, and this bone dry mountain high.Walking up the mountain, climbing side by side,Walking up the mountain with you.With you I'm never certain, just exactly where I stand;You scare me when you do the things I just can't understand.If I slow down, you tell me that I'm moving up too fast.If I speed up, you tell me: Slow down, kid, you'll never last.I ask you how to live my life - you laugh and ask me why.You tell me I'd be better off, to ask you how to die.Come with me we'll climb up, to the sandstone in the sky.O Yogi, son of Guru, come see with your own eyes.CHORUSAs rain fell on the mountain, I saw every human life,As the value of a rain drop, falling from the sky.It don't matter to the heavens, who's to live and who's to die.It don't matter to the rain cloud, when rain falls from the sky.As the clouds blew off I saw the stars, shining in the night,In countless points of light, I saw each one had a life.If nothing really matters, tell me - what's the life to do?Said: The only thing that matters is the memory of you.CHORUSI felt like I was falling through the channels dark and light;The in and out was fast and hard as death and life.Saw the baggage that I carried in the chambers of my mind:Insignificant as rain drops - a total waste of time.When I saw you there smiling, I cried, " What right have you got? " You said, " Listen, son of Guru, I'm the best thing that you've got! " I'm the kindness in the comfort, the sorrow in the pain.I’ve got nothing left to lose, and nothing left to gain.CHORUSI don't know where we're going - won't you help me find the way?You say, " It doesn't matter, cause we don't know anyway. " We'll walk back down the mountain, there beneath the setting sun.See the time of evolution has only just begun.We've got thunder on the mountains and sunlight on the plains.We're always moving forward, never pass this way again.With a smile and a wink, you turn and walk away. " O Yogi, son of Guru, there's still a chanceyou say.Walking up the mountain and I've got you by my side.I've got thunder in the valley, and this bone dry mountain high.Walking up the mountain and I've got you by my side.I've got thunder in the valley, and this bone dry mountain high.Walking up the mountain, climbing side by side,Walking up the mountain, climbing up the mountain,Walking up the mountain with you.