IndiaDivine.org

natural therapies at risk under Health Reform

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sat nam. I'm not going to tell you to oppose further bureaucratization of our already extremely regulated health care system. Only you can decide how much tolerance you have for government interference in your Natural Rights. However, I feel it's important to share with you info that comes from one of the more respected natural health advocates on Capitol Hill. That's because supplements are part of the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, who brought kundalini yoga to the West, and supplements possibly face restriction in the Health Reform Bill.NHF grassroots warning: http://www.thenhf.com/press_releases/pr_06_dec_2009.html.The National

Health Federation is urging supplement users to call 202-225-3121, or send an email from www.congress.org, to both of your Senators, to oppose HR 3590 (the Senate is using a House bill; otherwise, it would have an "S" instead of an "HR" for House of Representatives), the "health reform bill", for several reasons including the following three that affect users of natural therapies and nutrients:1. NHF says a bureaucracy will decide what constitutes health care, and given the FDA's doing the bidding of Big Pharma to harmonize with the United Nation's Codex to cap permissible dosages of nutrients (see my previous post on the anti-natural health Codex food trade regulator), supplements cannot hold out hope of being included in what is deemed permissible - alternative care may thus be rationed.2. If we are required to purchase health insurance, we necessarily will have less

discretionary income left to pay for integrative care that otherwise we may prefer3. Bureaucrats will collect data from doctors' offices about your treatments, so if such care included natural therapies, say goodbye to privacy of your most sensitive problems.No matter what is done in governments, big business always will defeat small business and individuals. They pay for the elections of politicians, and expect protection from competition in return. As a former lobbyist, I can assure you of this reality in all countries, worldwide - it's just human nature to exploit opportunities to make life comfortable for oneself. Big Pharma is using Health Reform to eliminate competition from natural remedies. How could it be any other way.Here is NHF's grassroots call to action: http://www.thenhf.com/press_releases/pr_06_dec_2009.htmlLike I said at the beginning, philosophically you may see unbelievable joy in the idea of total government control of individual health decisions. My purpose here is not to dissuade you from this ideology. Rather, I merely believe NHF's grassroots call is meant for consumers of supplements and other integrative therapies, and yogis definitely fit into this category. Empowered with this info, you now are free to decide whether this grassroots call for help is worthy of your attention.Sat nam,Amar Atma20 year political professional2 year high school teacher of history, govt and streetlawafficianando of Sat Kriya, jedes morgen