IndiaDivine.org

Register now for Bringing Kundalini Yoga into the Healthcare Field

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am very interested in this topic. I am an RN since 1979 and a certified kundalini yoga teacher since 2006. I have not been working as a nurse since January, 2008. I have been teaching kundalini yoga in Coal City, IL. I would love to combine the two and also have an income to help my family of 5. I love teaching yoga, but finacially, I have given up a lot of my income. Spiritually, I have been enriched! How much is the course and do you help provide opportunities of work in healthcare that accepts kundalini yoga as a treatment, etc.? In the midwest, I have not found that the two; nursing care and yoga are encouraged or even accepted widely.

My name is Lou Ann M. Carpenter ~ Kudrat Kaur. carpfam etKundalini-Yoga , "harbhajan_khalsa" <harbhajank wrote:>> "Bringing Kundalini Yoga into the Healthcare Field;> Principles of teaching Kundalini Yoga to people with health conditions"> > Dates: Three 4-day sessions in 2010> February 25, 26, 27, 28, 2010 > May 13, 14, 15, 16, 2010> August 11, 12, 13, 14, 2010> > Course Location: > Baba Siri Chand Yoga Center at Guru Ram Das Ashram (with 18+ beautiful acres) > 368 Village Street > Millis, MA 02054 > 508-376-8650> www.KundaliniYogaNE.com> > Program Description: > > This training, offered in three four-day sessions, gives Kundalini Yoga teachers a foundation for teaching Kundalini Yoga to people with health conditions - with specific application to viral conditions, most cancers and diabetes. The psychology of health recovery and inclusion of the family for support will also be addressed.> > We build on participants' level 1 Kundalini Yoga teacher training to deepen and expand the application of yogic philosophy, technique and habits of conscious living toward health recovery. > > Training includes developing assessment skills, understanding and working with contraindications, the process of change, and planning a course of action with the client.> > We review scientific research on yoga and meditation for health conditions, marketing, starting classes in hospitals and other settings, curriculum for group and private classes, preparing case studies, tracking outcomes and collecting data on predetermined measures.> > Special attention is given to the personal development of the teacher to engender awareness, intuition, compassion, deep listening, sensitivity, humility, endurance and grace.> > Yoga teachers and health care providers find this training a useful adjunct to clinical practice.> > Each of the three four-day sessions meets the qualifications for 38.4 contact hours for nurses, as required by the California Board of Registered Nurses; provider number CEP 13960 and 32 hours of continuing education credit for Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences; provider number PCE 1361. 32. Continuing education credits are available for certified yoga instructors through Yoga Alliance. Approval is pending for continuing education units for other licenses. A certificate is awarded for each section of the training. Attendance for the full duration of each four-day course is required to obtain a certificate of completion. > > The Lead Trainer: Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, Ph.D. has taught Kundalini Yoga since 1971. She began to specialize in teaching people with chronic or life threatening illness in 1986, under the direction of Yogi Bhajan. At his request she founded the Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine and Humanology. The Center provides direct client services with a yogic focus for people with HIV disease, cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, chronic pain and other health conditions. She provides professional training to yoga instructors and health care professionals, and directs outcome studies on the medical effects of yoga practice. She is a Medical Family Therapist, a Certified Kundalini Yoga teacher and teacher trainer, RYT 500, and a charter member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Dr. Khalsa lectures widely on the psychological, spiritual and behavioral aspects of health recovery>