IndiaDivine.org

To Amarbir Kaur--God and the Siri Guru Granth Sahib

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Amarbir Kaur,

Yes, my Dear. You have found the great difficulty with the Manmohan English translation of our beloved Siri Guru Granth Sahib. He translated these scriptures into English when the only English people around could only begin to understand any scriptures if they had the Christian words God and Lord in them. So funny that the British thought themselves so superior, but were not ready for these amazing concepts. However, Yogi Bhajan asked us to tranlate the Guru into words that better convey the true meaning of that incredible, Infinite but oh, so cozy Consciousness.

So, right now a group of us are attempting a sort of new translation. It is not actually scholarly but rather based on each of our own intuition--that is listening to the Consciousness within, and then using the old translation as a kind of guide to the whole meaning. When you actually do examine the words that are translated as God and Lord, they are words like "HarGobindayKartarPrakash" and so on--quite beyond gender. Once in a while you will come across "Patishah," which as I understand means something like great emperor, although the context that it is used in seems to connote devotion to the kindest authority.

The totality of the Guru is to give us instruction and experience of that Consciousness that is within. It is Who each of us really is, and this path is to fully discover that Union! If you like, you can read the little bit that I have translated so far. I try to examine the meaning of each word, but not understanding the grammar, I rely heavily on my own intuition--that is listening to the Reality within. It is at www.SoulAnswer.com/guru.html . And you will find a wonderful excerpt from Japji, Song of the Soul--which is the very first prayer or writing of the Guru. This wonderful translation was done by Ek Ong Kaar Kaur. See it at www.SoulAnswer.com/japji.html .

And in the Guru, unfortunately you will often find that the word for Mind (which I call "everyday self") has been translated as Soul, so that confusion is cleared up once you check the original Gurmukhi.

So, my Dear, I hope that you can go deeper with your study of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib. It has amazing concepts that over time continue to amaze me as I grow in my own understanding of this incredible Consciousness! And these days, I am teaching how you can easily access that--your Soul, your God Self.

If you would like to join us in learning how to tell the difference between "everyday self" and Soul and actually contact it to get its most impeccable answers and guidance for you on the spot, and how to make an incredible ongoing relationship with it, please go to www.SoulAnswer.com/intuition.html . Use your own intuition to "feel out" if this tele-course would be good for you. It is most incredible when the whole class shares the astonishing, but totally personal wisdom from each of their Souls!

I hope to meet you and your precious Soul soon!

Lots of Love,Siri-Gian

www.SoulAnswer.com

"Laugh because that is your purpose in life. Love because that is what you came here for. Shine because that is important. Share because it is demanded of you." Yogi Bhajan.