IndiaDivine.org

Vaccinations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I want to mention we vaccinated our son at both 2 and 4 months.  I was working at a small vegetarian restaurant at the time and I met numerous families who felt their children were vaccine injured.  I too felt like I should not be vaccinating our little boy, but was 24 and not as informed as I should have been.  Anyway, we opted to quit vaccinating and at that time we also revamped our entire diet.  I felt that if we made that decision we needed to prime our bodies to combat anything that comes our way.  When our daughter was born I felt like we needed to almost re-visit the subject again.  I was sitting on the porch outside our home and a woman (whom I knew to be Christian Scientist) walked by and I asked her if her children were vaccinated and how old they were and at that time her children were 37 & 40.  I felt this was exactly the answer I needed as it was around the time I was questioning what to do and there she was to reassure me that my intuitions were right and that I was/ am on the right track.  We have not sought out homeopathic for prevention necessarily, but we do use a variety of alternative treatments.  I feel like I have built a village of practitioners to help us if we become in a time of need.  According to some the thought is that vaccinations have helped eradicate disease, but from my research that is not necessarily true.  Eradication of certain diseases began to take place due to better drinking water, sanitation, etc.  I highly recommend Aviva Jill Romm's book on vaccinations as well.  My kids are now 7 & 4.  The one vaccine I may consider in the future is Tetanus. 

When our son was almost 4 and our daughter was around 6 months, we attended a chicken pox party where both children got the chicken pox.  Again, we were prepared for this with remedies on hand, our homeopath knew we were going to expose ourselves, etc.  So if chicken pox comes your way, I think it is a good one to go ahead and get to build the natural immunity. 

Good luck!  It is a hard decision, but I strongly believe that either decision is a risk.Elizabeth-