IndiaDivine.org

natural healing grassroots effort joined by new group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sat nam,I hope this is my last post on this subject for a while (I'm sure you do too), but I thought it important for the sangat to see a NEW GROUP'S joining of the grassroots campaign to oppose a new governmental threat to natural healing, because this group's grassroots call gives more context than yesterday's group, for why this grassroots effort is both important and an issue that's worldwide, not just American. The group is the Natural Solutions Foundation, a former government affairs client of mine, and here's how yogis can get involved to protect access to "dietary supplements":http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/t/1128/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=26714What internationalizes Big Pharma's attack on its competition in the natural healing market is the role played by an international food regulatory body called Codex, run by the World Health Organization, itself a subgroup of the United Nations. Under penalty of World Trade Organization (WTO) sanctions, every government is under pressure to conform regulation of the trading of food, which includes supplements, which are treated as food and not drugs, to Codex. Codex bureaucrats want to "harmonize" each country's FDA's treatment of vitamins on the European model, where nutrients are prohibited unless approved by a bureaucrat (the civil code model), versus America's DSHEA-based model of "considered safe if taken properly" unless proven unsafe (the common law

system). Ultimately, once the new bill described in the link below becomes law, Big Pharma will have successfully imposed what all big businesses have done for ages in each country and in each market: erect "barriers to entry" against competition, oligopolizing markets (shrinking them to just a few powerful players) to ensure a "return on investment". Everyone in the country club is happy - regulator, oversight committee members, incumbent businessmen, dominant journalists and academic scientists whose studies are paid by the bureaucracy or Big Corporations. Mom-and-pop entrepreneurs and sophisticated consumers are barred from expanding the market, raising its quality and lowering its prices. This is how the world works. But you can offer input, as a "householder", on how you want the Aquarian Age to be, if you want to http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/t/1128/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=26714Amar Atma