IndiaDivine.org

Teaching the correspondence course...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Kalavathi for a nice overview of the Coresspondence Course for Groups

amma appreciates this gesture as it helps more people to get Swamijis teachings and directly also benefits the Mother Ashram

we recommend all our senior students try it out

all the best

anandakalavathi_devi <kalavathi wrote:

It has been brought to my attention that some of you (Nova!) are interested in teaching the correspondence course. Since I have been doing this I thought I would offer some of my thoughts. I am now teaching my second group of 7 people. There were 8 but 1 felt it was not for her. Last year I started with 7 and 5 completed the course. It is hard for people to be motivated and to have sticking power so I beleive this to be a great achievement. I have found that as well as my students getting a huge amount from the course, I do too. Its great, it keeps everything fresh in my mind and as Amma says every year she teaches the 6 month course or everytime she re-reads the correspondence course she comes across new things and keeps learning. This is so true, there is so much knowledge that can be

overlooked and by running the course it gives you the perfect reason to keep re-reading the course book to gain that information. The group meets once a month for one day and we cover the month aheads work...at least they then get properly instructed in how to do things and they then have to go away and do the work and practise. For them they get out of the course what they put in...same for me. I found that because of last years course this years course is already better...and then because of this years course the next course should be better. What I love about it is that I really feel like I am teaching Yoga. This isn't just a 2 hour class where people want a structured class with stretching and relaxation, it is a day where we cover lots of different aspects of Yoga. Besides what is in the months ahead work, when there is enough time we chant mantras, learn the sanskrit alphabet, sing

bhajans, learn about Yantra and Namakarana and our life paths, some Yoga Chikitsa, Aum chanting, we even do neti and they have expressed an interest to Shanka Prakshalana...the list is endless and is so much more rewarding, enriching and enjoyable than the basic classes. I highly reccommend this to anyone that is teaching. Above all of this are the benefits that go to the ashram and spreading the word of the paramparai. So give it a go and experience it for yourself. Kalavathi.xxx.