IndiaDivine.org

In Praise of the Mahabharata!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,

Recently I have been reading a short summarized (1000 pg) version of the Mahabharata and I have to say that it is such a thrill. Every time I have to put the book down I cant help but to feel that there must be Merit in just reading it. The lessons are practical and divine. In todays world there are so many gross stimuli that polute our thinking. If we are to consciously pursue Saucham then we should be following a path of Satyam and Dharma. The Mahabharata seems to sink in to such deep places and become apart of us. Many books apeal to us as we externally identify with the charachters while this may also be true the essence which is truth stays with us. If we are to fill our brains with any stimulus, then the lessons of Dharma and Truth that this clasic epic teaches us would be so valuable for every one. I wish I had read it as a young boy instead of the likes of the Hardy boys. The Rishiculture that Swamiji espoused would surely be suported and nurtured

within us if we were to embrace theese divine teachings. I have spent so much time reading the "Yoga" texts that I like many North American aspirants I,m sure, wouldnt think to read some of Indias classical "stories" . The fact is they are Yoga Texts par excellance.

Yours in the service of Yoga,

GS

YOGACHARYA GOWRISHANKARANANDA

Read only the mail you want - Mail SpamGuard.