IndiaDivine.org

Birthday message from Amma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namastey!

Thank you one and all for the loving birthday wishes received in a flash over the electronic media! May all the good things everyone is saying about me be true – but, I should not be aware of them! It should be a natural goodness, like the beauty of a rose blooming because it must, and not for any other reason.

There is a lovely story I would like to share with all of you as my 61st birthday gift to the World Yoga Family. A man was visited by Lord Shiva, a man who had done good Yoga Sadhana in his life, to the best of his ability. Lord Shiva said, “I am pleased with you. Ask any boon.” The man said, “I don’t want anything. I have everything.” Lord Shiva persisted. “Ask for something.” So the man made a beautiful request. “Let me do good and be of benefit to everyone wherever I go. But, let me not be aware of the good I do.” Lord Shiva granted the request. Henceforth, wherever the man went, wherever his shadow fell, great good occurred – people became rich, contented, happy, rains fell, good works prospered.

Like that, wherever my shadow falls, let great good occur, but let me not be aware of it. That is my 61st birthday wish. Thank you for your love and affection. It sustains me and supports me! I have had a very simple birthday this year. Being a “3” in the birth path, I am addicted to extremes. Last year we had such grand celebrations. We have had such intense activity, for two years that I only wanted a quiet time this year. On Saturday September 11th, I went to the City Centre and gave the children sweets and a short birthday message from Kathopanished – “Do not mistake the pleasant for the good.” Sunday, September 12th, after the Sunday Puja, I took 14 close people including Nalini and Sharan for buffet lunch at Anandha Inn. This morning I am sitting at a table filled with flowers. Later, I will go to the Madam and offer my respects to

the Gurus. That is a nice quiet 61st birthday for me!

Thank you again for all your love and support. It means a lot to me.

Affectionately in Yoga,

AMMA

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

25,2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry-605 013

Tel: 0413 - 2622902 / 0413 -2241561

www.geocities.com/yognat2001/i_am_here