IndiaDivine.org

Something to think about....courtesy of Robert Servine, student of the present 6 month course at ICYER

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Robert Servine <travellingtheworld wrote:

Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:43:09 -0800 (PST)Robert Servine Something to think about....

“The General Theory Of Relativity shows us that our minds follow different rules than the real world does. A rational mind, based on the impressions that it recieves from its limited perspective, forms structures which thereafter determine what it further will and will not accept freely. From that point on, regardless of how the real world actually operates, this rational mind, following its self-imposed rules, tries to super-impose on the real world its own version of what must be.”

Gary Zukav

The Dancing Wu Li Masters

The world we live in is not what it seems, strange to think that most of what we see around us is only empty space. If you blew up an atom to the size of a soccer stadium, the nucleus would be about as big as a soccer ball (football for you non-americans), and the electons flying around it would be about the size of a golf ball. All the rest is empty space. Does this make any sense? How about this, an atom is so small, that no one has ever seen one? Yet, when we touch something our hand does not go through it, when we step on the ground, it supports our wieght. Tell me this is not magic. Tell me there is not more to life than just this.

Something else to think about.... The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, this means that in one minute light travels 11,160,000 miles, in one hour: 669,600,000 miles

In one day light travels 16,070,400,000 miles

In one month: 482,112,000,000 miles

In one year (one light year): 5,865, 696,000,000 miles

The Milky Way Galaxy is around 100,000 light years across, that looks something like this:

5,865,696,000,000,000,000 miles

I don’t even know how to say a number that big, without using to the power of.

Here is where it gets really interesting, our medium-sized Galaxy is one of over 100,000 million, that is 100,000,000,000, or 1 to the power of 11, known galaxies. When I was in Arizona I asked an astonomer about this, and he explained to me that they get this number by doing a mathematical equation, the equation comes out with a figure no more than such and such, and no less than such and such. They always use the smallest possible number, so this means that there is probably more, but defintely not less than this.

Does any of this make sense to you? When you look at “The Big Picture”, is your big picture big enough? When put into this perspective, how important is it that you didn’t get that promotion, that you got fired from your job, that you can’t afford that new sofa???

Robert

"To see a world in a grain of sandAnd a heaven in a wild flower,Hold infinity in the palm of your handAnd eternity in an hour."

(By: William Blake)

<º))))><¸¸..<º))))><.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸<º))))><¸.´¯`·..¸.<º))))><<º))))><¸¸..<º)))><.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

<º))))><¸.´¯`·..¸.<º))))><

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

25,2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry-605 013

Tel: 0413 - 2622902 / 0413 -2241561

www.geocities.com/yognat2001/i_am_here

Check out the new Front Page. www.