IndiaDivine.org

Mantras and healing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namas te

There are a lot of Mantras being used with traditional healing by various authorities

The Krishnamacharya yoga Mandiram in Chennai uses chanting a lot in their therapy

Swamiji advised us to simply use "ayam me hastho bhagavan" for healing with the hands (i am the hands of the divine) and "ayam me pado bhagavan" for foot work in yoga chikitsa (my feet are the healing feet of the divine)

There are a lot of healing chant tapes and cds available in the open market and Maitreyi had sent me an excellent one to help with devasena's pregnancy

It is also interesting that the doctor who delivered Dhivya played an OM chant cd while she was delivered in the labour room!

Must be a first for an Indian hospital

Yours in yoga

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

25,2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry-605 013

Tel: 0413 - 2622902 / 0413 -2241561

www.geocities.com/yognat2001/i_am_here

Dear colleague Eric,

As mentioned in my annexed letter to Amma, I am qualified from three prestigious schools of yoga.

Two of them have however one thing in common. Their Doctor teachers have designed programs for the management of common diseases just as they would have done in their medical practice. In short they are continuing to treat the symptoms and not the cause.

Whereas to get a student-patient to heal the condition at the root, the therapist has to get the patient to rise above the body and conscious mind, negate ego consciousness and attune to a higher state of consciousness, the causal silence within where renewal, repair and self-healing take place. They are totally ignorant of this important knowledge. They have no sustained practice and program at a deeper and subtle level to accomplish the impossible. They have also no knowledge of Pranamaya, which is done at the Pranamaya Kosha or subtle-energy body or electro-magnetic field, and not at the physical plane of existence, as they do. It is neither classical or scientific.

In order to cover the paucity of the depth and subtlety of their practices and programs the two schools have adopted a strategy each to attract the student.

One makes students Karma Sannyasi. They are then given an Indian name and have the luxury of wearing the holy robes of the sannyasi on occasions. Otherwise the majority of them live a life of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde. The way they conduct themselves is often a disgrace to the holy robes, which could be worn by us Hindus only by those who have renounced their lives in this material world.

The other does research only into the benefits of their basic practices and programs, as if that is sufficient to improve the rehabilitation of the patient. Whereas what they should be doing is to improve and develop the practices and programs to be truly deep and subtle, which may be more meaningful.

Whereas the ICYER teaches Pranayamaya at the Pranayamaya Kosha and therefore their practices are very powerful. What they lack is the means in the school to take a practice to its very depths and reveal its hidden truth.

But revered Swamiji exhorted us to delve very deep into his practices and experience their hidden meanings. That is just what I have done. After fifteen years of daily practice I have developed his Pranava AUM Pranayama practice into a unique program with nothing beyond it

May you be inspired to do likewise!

love

Sri Bala

Founder, Vibrational Breath Therapy, Australia

Lecturer, Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Swinburne University of Technology, Victoria, Australia.

-

The Lotus Centre

Saturday, January 29, 2005 5:42 AM

Re: Mantras and healing

To Healers in Yoga

I believe we can act as Divine Instruments, using breath, light and sound. We use mantras to invoke the "Powers that Be". Modern chants are often corrupted by ignorant individuals. I presume I need a Master to initiate me. Something must have appeared in Scripture at some time, such as the Vedas.

Is there a "short cut" or am I asking too much?

Thanks to Ananda for his comments. If anyone else can conribute, please know that I appreciate your cooperation.

Thank you all

Eric Doornekamp

Lotus Yoga Centre in New Zealand

-

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

Friday, January 28, 2005 9:19 PM

Mantras and healing

Namas te

There are a lot of Mantras being used with traditional healing by various authorities

The Krishnamacharya yoga Mandiram in Chennai uses chanting a lot in their therapy

Swamiji advised us to simply use "ayam me hastho bhagavan" for healing with the hands (i am the hands of the divine) and "ayam me pado bhagavan" for foot work in yoga chikitsa (my feet are the healing feet of the divine)

There are a lot of healing chant tapes and cds available in the open market and Maitreyi had sent me an excellent one to help with devasena's pregnancy

It is also interesting that the doctor who delivered Dhivya played an OM chant cd while she was delivered in the labour room!

Yours in yoga

"Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri "Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

Divine self,

There is no short cut for manthras. they have to be

learnt systematically at the feet of the master by

listening(Not hearing)and reciting and repeating till

the master is satisfied.

This includes correct intonation of sound,decibel

vibration,and judicious use of silence.There are

textbooks on vedas which even tell you how to do it

but they still fall short of the perfection possible

when you learn from the teacher.

The Yoga School run by Sri Gopalakrishnan, a deciple

of Krishnamacharya at indranagar, CHENNAI can be

approached if you are interested to learn it the

traditional way.

This is the first step.

There are three more steps to be covered before one

may be of use in healing others.

Narasimhan

30th jan 2005

--- The Lotus Centre

<lotus.yoga.centre wrote:

> To Healers in Yoga

>

> I believe we can act as Divine Instruments, using

> breath, light and sound. We use mantras to invoke

> the " Powers that Be " . Modern chants are often

> corrupted by ignorant individuals. I presume I need

> a Master to initiate me. Something must have

> appeared in Scripture at some time, such as the

> Vedas.

> Is there a " short cut " or am I asking too much?

> Thanks to Ananda for his comments. If anyone else

> can conribute, please know that I appreciate your

> cooperation.

>

> Thank you all

>

> Eric Doornekamp

>

> Lotus Yoga Centre in New Zealand

> -

> Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

>

> Friday, January 28, 2005 9:19 PM

> Mantras and healing

>

>

> Namas te

>

> There are a lot of Mantras being used with

> traditional healing by various authorities

>

> The Krishnamacharya yoga Mandiram in Chennai uses

> chanting a lot in their therapy

>

> Swamiji advised us to simply use " ayam me hastho

> bhagavan " for healing with the hands (i am the hands

> of the divine) and " ayam me pado bhagavan " for foot

> work in yoga chikitsa (my feet are the healing feet

> of the divine)

>

> There are a lot of healing chant tapes and cds

> available in the open market and Maitreyi had sent

> me an excellent one to help with devasena's

> pregnancy

>

> It is also interesting that the doctor who

> delivered Dhivya played an OM chant cd while she was

> delivered in the labour room!

>

> Must be a first for an Indian hospital

>

> Yours in yoga

Yogacharya

> Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

> Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

> 25,2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry-605 013

> Tel: 0413 - 2622902 / 0413 -2241561

> Website: www.icyer.com

> www.geocities.com/yognat2001/i_am_here

>

>

>

>

> Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> protection around

>

>

> " Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim

> them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga "

> -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Please would you expand on this? thank you. Sangeetuniversalyoga <Universalyoga wrote:

It is important to remember that Om can be ungrounding for some and aggravating to Vata as well.

Respectfully,Yogi Harinam Baba Prem Tom BealFounder/DirectorUniversal YogaPhone 407.521.5047e-mail universalyogahttp://www.floridavedicinstitute.com

The Lotus Centre [lotus.yoga.centre] Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:43 PM Subject: Re: Mantras and healing

Sri Bala

Thank you for your comments

Yes, pranayama is very powerful. Mantras are an expression of that. That's why I also use OM but want to know of others as well. There are many aspects to this science of vibration.

Warm regards from Eric

-

Sri Bala

Cc: International Yoga Federation http://fiy.yoganet.org ; iyfyoga ; ; Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

Sunday, January 30, 2005 4:35 PM

Dear colleague Eric,

As mentioned in my annexed letter to Amma, I am qualified from three prestigious schools of yoga.

Two of them have however one thing in common. Their Doctor teachers have designed programs for the management of common diseases just as they would have done in their medical practice. In short they are continuing to treat the symptoms and not the cause.

Whereas to get a student-patient to heal the condition at the root, the therapist has to get the patient to rise above the body and conscious mind, negate ego consciousness and attune to a higher state of consciousness, the causal silence within where renewal, repair and self-healing take place. They are totally ignorant of this important knowledge. They have no sustained practice and program at a deeper and subtle level to accomplish the impossible. They have also no knowledge of Pranamaya, which is done at the Pranamaya Kosha or subtle-energy body or electro-magnetic field, and not at the physical plane of existence, as they do. It is neither classical or scientific.

In order to cover the paucity of the depth and subtlety of their practices and programs the two schools have adopted a strategy each to attract the student.

One makes students Karma Sannyasi. They are then given an Indian name and have the luxury of wearing the holy robes of the sannyasi on occasions. Otherwise the majority of them live a life of Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde. The way they conduct themselves is often a disgrace to the holy robes, which could be worn by us Hindus only by those who have renounced their lives in this material world.

The other does research only into the benefits of their basic practices and programs, as if that is sufficient to improve the rehabilitation of the patient. Whereas what they should be doing is to improve and develop the practices and programs to be truly deep and subtle, which may be more meaningful.

Whereas the ICYER teaches Pranayamaya at the Pranayamaya Kosha and therefore their practices are very powerful. What they lack is the means in the school to take a practice to its very depths and reveal its hidden truth.

But revered Swamiji exhorted us to delve very deep into his practices and experience their hidden meanings. That is just what I have done. After fifteen years of daily practice I have developed his Pranava AUM Pranayama practice into a unique program with nothing beyond it

May you be inspired to do likewise!

love

Sri Bala

Founder, Vibrational Breath Therapy, Australia

Lecturer, Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Swinburne University of Technology, Victoria, Australia.

-

The Lotus Centre

Saturday, January 29, 2005 5:42 AM

To Healers in Yoga

I believe we can act as Divine Instruments, using breath, light and sound. We use mantras to invoke the "Powers that Be". Modern chants are often corrupted by ignorant individuals. I presume I need a Master to initiate me. Something must have appeared in Scripture at some time, such as the Vedas.

Is there a "short cut" or am I asking too much?

Thanks to Ananda for his comments. If anyone else can conribute, please know that I appreciate your cooperation.

Thank you all

Eric Doornekamp

Lotus Yoga Centre in New Zealand

-

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

Friday, January 28, 2005 9:19 PM

Mantras and healing

Namas te

Yours in yoga

"Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri "Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri "Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri "Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri "Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri