IndiaDivine.org

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Milos,

Thank you for your message.

Why should I ask one to practise any of my programs? It is because it incorporates Vibrational Breath Healing practice developed into a three month program involving breathing in Mahat Yoga Pranayama and chanting in Pranava AUM Pranayama and meditation at the Heart Centre, the seat of the soul. Of course this experiential science demands dedication and discipline of a very high order. The majority of us do not have it. Even some of my cancer patients wish to know how long a practice would take. Therefore this practice is not for every one. So be it.

However you may be interested in knowing what our revered Swamiji had to say about this practice.

“The sincere practice of Pranava AUM Pranayama is enough to take you where you wish to go. Frankly speaking, you do not need anything else.(italics mine) You must explore it in all its aspects, immerse yourself in the sounds rising through the body, feeling its vibrations in all the tissues and the organs as the sound passes along its path. The mind must listen to this sound intently, which, though it is produced by the human vocal chords, is a Cosmic sound, a sound which always is and always shall be. It is not a sound confined to Earth alone, like so many sounds we experience daily, but a sound, which stretches to infinity and back.

Experiment with it!

Extend your controls, from the basic six counts for incoming breath and eighteen counts on the out going sound…. working from that through eight by twenty four .. through nine by twenty seven, even as deeply and controlled as an eighteen incoming count and fifty- four outgoing breath sound.

Let this daily practice be a real “Meditative and Contemplative Activity”, your opportunity daily to remind yourself that indeed, you are not merely human, bound to the earth planet, but a cosmic being, a participant in a universal life.”

And this is what the realized soul Paramahansa Yogananda had to say about AUM.

“Om/AUM – the Sanskrit root word or seed-sound symbolizing that aspect of Godhead which creates and sustains all things - Cosmic Vibration. AUM of the Vedas became the sacred word HUM of the Tibetans, AMIN of the Moslems; and AMEN of the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Jews and Christians. The world’s great religions state that all created things originate in the cosmic vibratory energy of AUM or AMEN, the Word or the Holy Ghost”. ….the late Paramahansa Yogananda

And his version of what was said in John1:1,3 is as follows:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. All things were made by Him (the Word or AUM) and without Him was not anything made that was made.”

And according to the Manduka Upanishad

“A” is associated with a wakeful state of consciousness, “U” with a dream state of consciousness, and “M” with a deep sleep state of consciousness. “AUM” leads us to Turiya, beyond conceptualization, - the state of causal silence within, (where renewal, repair and healing take place.)

May I add to the above some of the other mind boggling statements said by Swamiji during my five months in1988/9:

“The energy obtained for the sustenance of the body from food alone at 0.44% is miniscule, whereas 99.56% is obtained from breathing at over 60% of the lung capacity in Mahat Yoga Pranayama (the classical and scientific yogic complete breath).”

“Generally we breathe-in to only one fifth of our lung capacity. Therefore according to the Science of Yoga we can be only 20% healthy, functionally efficient, and mentally active.”

“Equally the out-breath is shallow, causing respiratory acidosis (acidity of blood due to increase in carbon dioxide). This results in lung and other respiratory conditions, and with its neglect circulatory acidosis, heart and other cardio-vascular conditions. “

“Toxic and metabolic wastes are expelled from four vital organs as follows: lungs 60%, skin 20%, bladder and bowels 10% each.” (This reinforces the need to breathe-out deeply and consciously.)

And when I realized that we breathe 25,920 breaths per day at an average of 18 breaths per minute and that the ancient secret to good heath and longevity was breathing deeply, slowly, and rhythmically, I decided to make a guinea pig of myself, experiment with his practices as exhorted by him, and develop it into programs as divinely inspired by a Yogini and satisfy myself that Swamiji’s claims were hundred percent true.

This I have successfully done during the last fifteen years and am convinced now beyond doubt and have enough case histories, including mine, to confirm that Vibrational Breath Healing is the ultimate in yogic and spiritual practices in my knowledge and experience. It is a simple and powerful discipline and an experience of a life time.

In my opinion Vibrational Breath Healing is indeed Yoga Therapy in its pristine purity!

love

Sri Bala Ratnam

Founder, Vibrational Breath Therapy, Australia.

Visiting Lecturer, Graduate School of Integrative Medicine, Swinburne University of Technology, Victoria, Australia.

Gold Medallist: Indian Board of Alternative Medicines.

Email: sribala

Website: www.vbt.com.au & http://www.e-pop.com.au/ArtistDetail.aspx?ArtistCode=bala