Sane views on Yoga Sport

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

namas te

i just loved Anthonios answer to the question on Yoga Sport

a truly Yogic answer and approach to the subject

Yoga Sport is one of the many branches on the great yoga tree

it is a young one and may need some corrections and grafting but let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater by an antagonistic attitude

i have in my own experience since 1975 seen the tremendous positive effects of Yoga Sport on our Indian youth and have witnessed the necessity of it in this context

yours in yoga

ananda

antonio

Re: 2005 WORLD YOGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2005Dear Selves, Yoga means Unity, and in that sense, it expresses 'the whole' The Whole is 'everything' and not everything less one part, in this case the competitions.The mind, because of its intrinsic dual way of functioning, has a hard time accepting the unity. Just as a technique can be energizing when practiced in the morning and relaxing when practiced at night, it is 'yogi' to compete as it is to cooperate.You might not like or agree with competitions, yet it is a healthy yogi excercise to learn to accept them and either move away from them or towards them depending on what 'you' consider best. Even though it might seem purposeless to dedicate time to this matters, it is very important when, for example, at times of disgrace, we tent to belief that God or the Unity is not there. Yes, God is present in a fantastic sunset as he/she is in the strength of an earthquake... Think about how many

people loose faith in the face of personal disaster or death and then this lack of faith becomes the problem...!Also, 'Yoga Competitions' are only 'asana and a little bit more competitions', how could you measure a practitioners' degree of enlightenment or swadyaya and, then, much less compare it with that of another being...?Also, how would the number of your present re-incarnation influence judges' ratings...? I'm sure some of these questions will move us to laughter, yet it is up to 'a good yogi' to just accept duality, and embrace both altruism and competition as part of Creation, and deal with it!! In Love and Service.Antonio.

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

25,2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry-605 013

Tel: 0413 - 2622902 / 0413 -2241561

www.geocities.com/yognat2001/ananda