IndiaDivine.org

Anecdote

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

From Meena Ramanathan, Rishiculture group member.

I recently read a small but intriguing anecdote, which made me think a lot. Have any of us ever wondered “WHY ME”?. Instead we always prefer to shift the blame on others or on GOD who is always the silent observer and receiver. According to Karma Yoga, ‘ karma’ is divided into three types viz. Prarabdha karma, Sanchita karma and Kriyamana karma - the past, present and future karmas. We have taken this human form b’cos of our past mixed (good and bad) karmas. Anything and everything has its own reason and nothing happens on its own. Every thing is planned and executed by the ultimate wire

puller. Have we ever wondered for a minute why we have taken this human form? - every creation has its own purpose. It is our duty to nullify the past karma and not to add any more to the present in order to upgrade ourselves and to end the cycle of births and deaths. The keyword “Samatwam” (equanimity) is the order of the day. Our reactions should be the same for the good and bad happenings in our life. Never let your emotions soar as high as a tide or

sink as low as an ebb. Stop comparing yourself and your family with others. Be thankful for what you are and keep doing your assigned duties to the best of your ability. Try to come out of the whirlpool of confusions like - why I am “THIS” and not “THAT” - Be happy and contented and take life as it comes.

Be good Samaritans to spread this message among people who are in distress to avoid many unnecessary mishaps in their lives.

The anecdote follows:

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dyingof CANCER. From world over, he received letters fromhis fans, one of which conveyed:"Why does GOD have to select you for such a baddisease"? To this Arthur Ashe replied:The world over --5 crore children start playing tennis,50 lakh learn to play tennis,5 lakh learn professional tennis,50,000 come to the circuit,5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon,4 to semi final,2 to the finals,When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?".And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,Sorrow keeps u Human ,Failure Keeps u Humble,Success keeps u Glowing,But only God Keeps u Going.