IndiaDivine.org

Vedic Verses

Rate this topic

Guest guest

GURUDEVA <gurudeva-ve> wrote:

Then Maitreyi said: What should I do with that which would not make me immortal? Tell me, venerable Sir, of that alone which you know to be the only means of attaining Immortality.Yajur Veda, Brihadaranyaka Upanishad II, IV-Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi (I), 3 Yajnavalkya replied: My dear, you have been my beloved even before, and now you say what is after my heart. Come, sit down; I will explain it to you. As I explain it, meditate on what I say. Yajur Veda, Brihadaranyaka Upanishad II, IV-Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi (I), 4Then Yajnavalkya said: Verily, not for the sake of the husband, my dear, is the husband loved, but he is loved for the sake of the self which, in its true nature, is one with the Supreme Self. Verily, not for the sake of the wife, my dear, is the wife loved, but she is loved for the sake of the self. Verily, not for the sake of the sons, my dear, are the sons loved, hut they are loved for the sake of the self. Verily, not for the sake of

wealth, my dear, is wealth loved, but it is lovedfor the sake of the self. Verily, not for the sake of the brahmin, my dear, is the brahmin loved, but he is loved for the sake of the self. Verily, not for the sake of the kshatriya, my dear, is the kshatriya loved, but he is loved for the sake of the self. Yajur Veda, Brihadaranyaka Upanishad II, IV-Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi (I), 5Verily, not for the sake of the worlds, my dear, are the worlds loved, but they are loved for the sake of the self. Verily, not for the sake of the gods, my dear, are the gods loved, but they are loved for the sake of the self. Verily, not for the sake of the beings, my dear, are the beings loved, but they are loved for the sake of the self. Verily, not for the sake of the All, my dear, is the All loved, but it is loved for the sake of the self. Verily, my dear Maitreyi, it is the Self that should be realized-should be heard of, reflected on, and meditated upon. By the realization of the

Self, my dear-through hearing, reflection, and meditation-all this is known. Yajur Veda, Brihadaranyaka Upanishad II, IV-Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi (I), 5 (CONT)The brahmin rejects one who knows him as different from the Self. The kshatriya rejects one who knows him as different from the Self. The worlds reject one who knows them as different from the Self. The gods reject one who knows them as different from the Self. The beings reject one who knows them as different from the Self. The All rejects one who knows it as different from the Self. This brahmin, this kshatriya, these worlds, these gods, these beings, and this All-are that Self. Yajur Veda, Brihadaranyaka Upanishad II, IV-Yajnavalkya and Maitreyi (I), 6Forward the Vedas to a friend! To they may write to gurudeva-vedas- Everyone is welcome. ~~~~~~~~~

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

25,2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry-605 013

Tel: 0413 - 2622902 / 0413 -2241561

www.geocities.com/yognat2001/ananda

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.