IndiaDivine.org

CORRECTION OF BREATHING DIFFICULTIES THROUGH RISHICULTURE ASHTANGA YOGA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

CORRECTION OF BREATHING DIFFICULTIES THROUGH RISHICULTURE ASHTANGA YOGA The original book by Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri Guru Maharaj has been completely revised and edited by Yogacharya Dr Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani. It deals with causes of breathing difficulties and Yogic answers to them. The Hathenas, a series of forcing techniques unique to the Gitananda Yoga tradition are explained as also many pranayamas and relaxation techniques. A special addition is Swamiji's 28-day Prana Chikitsa routine that was not in the first edition. An Ideal book for patients of breathing difficulties as well as Yoga therapists and Sadhakas of all levels. ---- One of the greatest Masters of Classical Yoga in the twentieth century, Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri Guru Maharaj was a brilliant and dynamic Guru known affectionately as THE LION OF PONDICHERRY. Swamiji was a great example of an ancient Yoga Rishi and was majestic in bearing and manner. With his luxurious flowing beard and hair, and a magnificent, booming, powerful voice, Swamiji’s dynamic personality captured the hearts of people wherever he went. A Master Yogi and great Spiritual Teacher, Swamiji had the unique

talent of infusing the mystic insights of the Rishis into practical life. As the exponent of a Bengali Tantric tradition, which stretches back hundreds of years, Swamiji, a medical doctor and scientist, was able to express the abstract ancient insights in practical modern terms. He taught hundreds of thousands of persons worldwide the intricate and demanding art and science of Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga, through his books, his magazine articles, his monthly magazine YOGA LIFE, and his world tours in which he lectured and taught hundreds of thousands of seeking spirits worldwide. His influence on the modern world of Yoga is immense as he was also one of the pioneers in bringing the concepts of traditional Yoga to the Western mind. To name Swamiji’s accomplishment would take volumes and indeed, volumes have been written on him. No history of Yoga in modern times is complete without reference to his name. More than 135 centres of Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga are established worldwide, with thousands of Yoga teachers trained by him now actively propagating not only Yoga, but also various aspects of Indian culture. The great Yogi attained Maha Samadhi on December 29, 1993, at the age of eighty-seven years. Swamiji’s mission is carried on by his son and successor Yogacharya Dr Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani with the guidance of Swamiji wife and chief disciple Yogamani Yogacharini Meenakshi Devi Bhavanani at Ananda Ashram,

Pondicherry, India. ---- “This book critically describes problems faced by patients of breathing disorders and offers them a way out of their misery though an integrated approach using Gitananda Yoga practices designed to eradicate the root cause of their suffering. Advice on diet and proper lifestyle is an added bonus given along with the excellent description of the Hathenas, a set of Hatha Yoga Asanas having immense therapeutic potential. Yogic relaxation practices are also introduced as most modern disorders have a strong psychosomatic and stress related origin. A sincere student will be able to avail the benefit of these practices by practising them religiously under the guidance of a Yoga teacher or therapist trained in the Gitananda Yoga tradition.” ---- Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association 25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013 Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561 Website: www.icyer.com www.geocities.com/yognat2001/ananda

Why keep checking for Mail? The all-new Mail Beta shows you when there are new messages.

Guest guest

To all Yoga Instructors and Therapists

I am in receipt of the second edition of Correction of Breathing difficulties through Rishiculture Asthanga Yoga. I was fortunate enough to be taught by Swamiji during the first intake of trainees in Pondicherry in 1968/69. I purchased the first edition a few years later and was impressed by the contents. Must say that the present edition is even better!

Everyone tought by Swamiji's wisdom should have this book as a reference. For many years I have practised the techniques and passed them. As well as following them myself, I have seen the tremendous benefits of "Gitananda Pranayama" in others. In fact, I can hear Swamiji's voice speaking to me every time I take a breath....

Let me state that there is a lot of asthma in New Zealand, due to faulty food and just plain wrong breathing. The "experts" prescribe medicine (inhalers) which do not seem to help on a long term basis. I regard myself fortunate to be able to relieve many a breathing problem in my students, thanks to yoga chikitsa and pranayana and improved lifestyle. Thank you Swamiji for everything you have shown me. In the end I would say: Get this book soonest. It is the best value for money you can buy. You have heard it said: "Nature cures and the doctor is paid." Well, keep this precious knowledge alive in the tradition of the Gitananda yoga family and let Nature do its best. God will do the rest. Many thanks to Dr. Ananda for his most worthwhile contribution. AUM.