IndiaDivine.org

Found this on the web....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Found this on the web...

McYOGA

Maya, Maya, Maya ... the inevitable outcome of

New-Age Yoga

It was only a matter of time before the fantasy of modern "yoga" was picked up by the McMasters of deception, consumerism and slaughter. McDonalds now offers a Yoga dvd with its Asian chicken salad. Ironically, Maya, the female yoga teacher is virtual. Maya is a Sanskrit/Hindu word meaning illusion. Of course the teacher is not really real, something the McCEOs probably realized, but, assuredly, they did not realize they were epitomizing the not really real, spurious McCertified Yoga Teachers. Holy Cow!

Along with the sacred Cow, all of the sacred Yogas have always been inseparable from Hindu Dharma (religion). Yoga is a Sanskrit/Hindu word meaning union of Atmana (individual Soul) with Brahman (universal Soul). Factually, the progressive Yogas are the Hindu religious disciplines to Spiritual-Realizations; i.e., Karma Yoga (ethics), Bhakti Yoga (devotion), Raja Yoga (meditation) and Jnana Yoga (enlightenment). In varying degrees, all Hindus live this Yogic lifestyle. Without disclosure, the modern notion of so-called and mislabeled "yoga" is mostly about Hatha Yoga--the Hindu worshipful postures that are an integral part of Bhakti and Raja Yoga. For safety and success, the more intense aspects of these classic Hindu Yogas (which McYogis pretend to entertain) are reserved for the renunciant, celibate Hindus.

Of course established religious practices can, unethically, be ripped apart or butchered from their source (paradoxically, the opposite of yoga/yuj; i.e., to yoke/union). McDonalds is of course infamous for slaughtering countless cows, and the McYogis of today are infamous for the dismembering of Hatha Yoga (and other classic Hindu Yogas) from not only religion but also from its Hindu source. To concerned Hindus, the McYoga dvd, is analogous to a strip club offering A Christmas Story dvd starring the Virtual Virgin Mary.

McDonalds has a history of lawsuits for unethical business practices. As if killing cows and chickens is not enough, McCruelty has often been taken to task for its inhumane practice of slaughter. Interestingly, Mahatma Gandhi said, The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. However innocent the advertisements appear, the bottom line is huge profits for the fast food giant. Along with their McGurus, the McCertified Yoga Teachers have also created the big business of so-called "Yoga," complete with glitzy, sexy magazines. Completely contrary to a vegetarian, non-violent Hindu Yogi who spends decades in service, devotion and humble reclusive practice, fast food Yoga was created to quickly turn out "yoga teachers" and make big profits.

How ironic that, not too long ago, the TV show 60 Minutes interviewed the infamous Bikram Choudry. The interviewer used the phrase McYoga to describe Bikram's franchise studios complete with trade marks. Wearing a black leather cap, this self-styled "American Yogi," and "Guru to the Stars," commented, "What's wrong with that? I like Big Mac." So, the McYoga of today which can be found in gyms, community centers, schools and even your local hamburger joint, apparently has its own clown in the form of Ronald McBikram.

Though many would espouse opposing values to the fast food industry, new-age McYogis and their visionless McGurus share a similar mindset of self-absorption. It is not a coincidence that the McPhony Yoga dvd is advertised along with yourself.com. Modern "yoga" is truly all about m(a)y-a yoga.The raw ego is as potentially dangerous as irradiation and the E. coli and salmonella often found in ground beef and chicken. Seeking to satisfy itself and conquer (sometimes claiming to be religious or spiritual or whatever works), McDonalds and McYoga are on a crusade of domination and may arguably be on a religious and even ethnic mission. It is interesting to note that most of the McYogis are also shallow Jews or Christians. There is even a so-called Jewish and Christian Yoga movement. Founder Ray Kroc purposely placed many of his "sanctuaries" near a hometown church and is even reported to have compared the Golden Arches to the Pearly Gates. Speaking of symbolism, the superficial Golden Arches could typify the half-way, mono mindset. I'm lovin' it! Whereas, the elliptical-shaped Siva (the Hindu Deity of Hatha Yoga) Lingam fully expresses the innate wisdom of the Soul--of creation. It behooves all of us to dig deep, uncover and respect the religious process that leads to Spiritual-Realizations.

Ray Kroc also said: I speak of faith in Mcdonald's as if it were religion. And without meaning any offense of the Holy Trinity, the Koran, or the Torah, that's exactly the way I think of it. I've often said that I believe in God, family and McDonald's and in the office, that order is reversed. The Chief of the McDonald's Japanese division said: If we eat hamburgers for a thousand years, we will become blond. And when we become blond, we can conquer the world.

The historical invasions and terrorism against Hindus/Hinduism is well documented: Alexander in 300 b.c.e.; Persians 565 c.e.; Muslims 712-1700; Portuguese Catholics 1510; British 1764-1947. Unfortunately these incursions, in various forms including modern "yoga," based in arrogance and ignorance are as alive today as they were 2300 years ago.

P.S. In viewing the McYoga dvd, one will come across another huge plunder. Along with "Maya" and "Yoga," the only other Sanskrit (the noble language of the Hindus) term is "Shivasana." Misspelled and mispronounced, this is suppose to be Savasana or sometimes Shavasana;" e.g., "corpse pose" or relaxation pose. There is no "Shivasana," however Shiva is a primary Hindu Deity! "Shivasana" would translate into the "pose of Shiva." Maybe somebody was playing a joke on the McCEO's, or maybe they just (like everything else concerning yoga) got it wrong. Whatever the case may be, millions of McDonalds devotees are now using the language of Hinduism and doing a pose to the Hindu MahaDeva Shiva!

YOGACHARINI KALAVATHI DEVI

Gitananda Yoga TeacherClass times:Miskin, Mountain Ash, Mon 1-2.45pmSt Davids Uniting Church, Gelliwasted Rd, Pontypridd, Tues 7-8.30pmChapter Arts Centre, Cardiff, weds 7-9pmBring a mat and water www.gitanandayogasociety.comwww.yoga-wales.co.uk

I was very interested (and amused) to read the McYoga article. I would like to comment (certainly not as defense for such a laughable marketing scheme) but as another thought, that those who are truley ready for the path of Yoga will be lead to its gracious heart. Sometimes this leading starts with the most crude form of teaching. This brash version of Yoga can also bring a hunger for more... and then the search begins until the aspirant is led to the feet of the true teachings of Yoga. In remembering my very first teacher, I recall that she offered not much more than a predictable series of stretches that offered no more insight or spiritual food than what you could extract from a "stretch" class. But it also awakened a recognition in me, a hunger that led me on (quite quickly I might add), away from her classes and into a search that never stops- although it is no longer a "search", it is forever alive and enquiring.

Many of my students started their Yoga life in a gym, but even there the true power that is contained within the practice (and often not the teacher), carried them onward to connect more deeply to this ancient path. One can never underestimate the truth contained within the practice of even the most superficial Yoga teachings- the practices, even Asana alone can have enough power to call to those who have enough space to hear.

Thank you for posting the article. It is always refreshing to meet the worlds ideas within ones self.

Yours in Yoga

Nicole Rubio

Australia

-

Kalavathi

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:54 AM

Found this on the web....

Found this on the web... McYOGA

Maya, Maya, Maya ... the inevitable outcome of

New-Age Yoga

It was only a matter of time before the fantasy of modern "yoga" was picked up by the McMasters of deception, consumerism and slaughter. McDonalds now offers a Yoga dvd with its Asian chicken salad. Ironically, Maya, the female yoga teacher is virtual. Maya is a Sanskrit/Hindu word meaning illusion. Of course the teacher is not really real, something the McCEOs probably realized, but, assuredly, they did not realize they were epitomizing the not really real, spurious McCertified Yoga Teachers. Holy Cow!

Along with the sacred Cow, all of the sacred Yogas have always been inseparable from Hindu Dharma (religion). Yoga is a Sanskrit/Hindu word meaning union of Atmana (individual Soul) with Brahman (universal Soul). Factually, the progressive Yogas are the Hindu religious disciplines to Spiritual-Realizations; i.e., Karma Yoga (ethics), Bhakti Yoga (devotion), Raja Yoga (meditation) and Jnana Yoga (enlightenment). In varying degrees, all Hindus live this Yogic lifestyle. Without disclosure, the modern notion of so-called and mislabeled "yoga" is mostly about Hatha Yoga--the Hindu worshipful postures that are an integral part of Bhakti and Raja Yoga. For safety and success, the more intense aspects of these classic Hindu Yogas (which McYogis pretend to entertain) are reserved for the renunciant, celibate Hindus.

Of course established religious practices can, unethically, be ripped apart or butchered from their source (paradoxically, the opposite of yoga/yuj; i.e., to yoke/union). McDonalds is of course infamous for slaughtering countless cows, and the McYogis of today are infamous for the dismembering of Hatha Yoga (and other classic Hindu Yogas) from not only religion but also from its Hindu source. To concerned Hindus, the McYoga dvd, is analogous to a strip club offering A Christmas Story dvd starring the Virtual Virgin Mary.

McDonalds has a history of lawsuits for unethical business practices. As if killing cows and chickens is not enough, McCruelty has often been taken to task for its inhumane practice of slaughter. Interestingly, Mahatma Gandhi said, The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. However innocent the advertisements appear, the bottom line is huge profits for the fast food giant. Along with their McGurus, the McCertified Yoga Teachers have also created the big business of so-called "Yoga," complete with glitzy, sexy magazines. Completely contrary to a vegetarian, non-violent Hindu Yogi who spends decades in service, devotion and humble reclusive practice, fast food Yoga was created to quickly turn out "yoga teachers" and make big profits.

How ironic that, not too long ago, the TV show 60 Minutes interviewed the infamous Bikram Choudry. The interviewer used the phrase McYoga to describe Bikram's franchise studios complete with trade marks. Wearing a black leather cap, this self-styled "American Yogi," and "Guru to the Stars," commented, "What's wrong with that? I like Big Mac." So, the McYoga of today which can be found in gyms, community centers, schools and even your local hamburger joint, apparently has its own clown in the form of Ronald McBikram.

Though many would espouse opposing values to the fast food industry, new-age McYogis and their visionless McGurus share a similar mindset of self-absorption. It is not a coincidence that the McPhony Yoga dvd is advertised along with yourself.com. Modern "yoga" is truly all about m(a)y-a yoga.The raw ego is as potentially dangerous as irradiation and the E. coli and salmonella often found in ground beef and chicken. Seeking to satisfy itself and conquer (sometimes claiming to be religious or spiritual or whatever works), McDonalds and McYoga are on a crusade of domination and may arguably be on a religious and even ethnic mission. It is interesting to note that most of the McYogis are also shallow Jews or Christians. There is even a so-called Jewish and Christian Yoga movement. Founder Ray Kroc purposely placed many of his "sanctuaries" near a hometown church and is even reported to have compared the Golden Arches to the Pearly Gates. Speaking of symbolism, the superficial Golden Arches could typify the half-way, mono mindset. I'm lovin' it! Whereas, the elliptical-shaped Siva (the Hindu Deity of Hatha Yoga) Lingam fully expresses the innate wisdom of the Soul--of creation. It behooves all of us to dig deep, uncover and respect the religious process that leads to Spiritual-Realizations.

Ray Kroc also said: I speak of faith in Mcdonald's as if it were religion. And without meaning any offense of the Holy Trinity, the Koran, or the Torah, that's exactly the way I think of it. I've often said that I believe in God, family and McDonald's and in the office, that order is reversed. The Chief of the McDonald's Japanese division said: If we eat hamburgers for a thousand years, we will become blond. And when we become blond, we can conquer the world.

The historical invasions and terrorism against Hindus/Hinduism is well documented: Alexander in 300 b.c.e.; Persians 565 c.e.; Muslims 712-1700; Portuguese Catholics 1510; British 1764-1947. Unfortunately these incursions, in various forms including modern "yoga," based in arrogance and ignorance are as alive today as they were 2300 years ago.

P.S. In viewing the McYoga dvd, one will come across another huge plunder. Along with "Maya" and "Yoga," the only other Sanskrit (the noble language of the Hindus) term is "Shivasana." Misspelled and mispronounced, this is suppose to be Savasana or sometimes Shavasana;" e.g., "corpse pose" or relaxation pose. There is no "Shivasana," however Shiva is a primary Hindu Deity! "Shivasana" would translate into the "pose of Shiva." Maybe somebody was playing a joke on the McCEO's, or maybe they just (like everything else concerning yoga) got it wrong. Whatever the case may be, millions of McDonalds devotees are now using the language of Hinduism and doing a pose to the Hindu MahaDeva Shiva!

YOGACHARINI KALAVATHI DEVI

Gitananda Yoga TeacherClass times:Miskin, Mountain Ash, Mon 1-2.45pmSt Davids Uniting Church, Gelliwasted Rd, Pontypridd, Tues 7-8.30pmChapter Arts Centre, Cardiff, weds 7-9pmBring a mat and water www.gitanandayogasociety.comwww.yoga-wales.co.uk