IndiaDivine.org

RE : Little stories on truth ;-) ...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Divine Christoph, Namastey! Thank You for theese, they get to the heart of the matter rather quickly dont they!. Hopefully they will inspire some answers to some of my questions:) Yours in the Service of Yoga, GSChristoph Eberhard <christoph_natyam wrote: Hello everybody !!!Here three little stories on truth ;-) :The first is the famous parable of the elephant in thedark by Djalal ud-Din Rumi :“Hindus had brought an

elephant ; they exhibited it ina dark house.Several people entered, one by one, in the dark, tosee it.Not being able to see it with their eyes, they touchedit with their hands.One put his hand on the trunk ; he said : “Thiscreature is like a water pipe.”Another touched its ear : it felt to him like a fan.Having gripped its leg, another one declared : “Theelephant has the shape of a pillar.”After having laid his hand on its back, another onesaid : “To say the truth, this elephant is like athrone.”Also, each time that one heard a description of theelephant, he understood it according to the part hehad touched.Their affirmations varied according to what they hadperceived : one called it dal, the other alîf .If each of them had had a candle, their sayings wouldnot have differed.The eye of perception is as limited as the palm of thehand which could not

comprehend the totality (of theelephant).The eye of the sea is one thing, the foam is another ;leave behind the foam and look with the eye of thesea.Night and day, coming from the sea, the flakes of foamare moving ; you see the foam, not the sea. Howstrange this is !We collide with each other like small boats ; our eyesare blinded ; and yet the water is clear.Oh you, who fell asleep in the ship of the body, youhave seen the water ; contemplate the Water of thewater.Water has a Water which pushes it, spirit a Spiritwhich is calling it.”The next one is a Mulla Nasruddin story :“The Mulla, who had just been freshly nominated as ajudge, heard his first case.The plaintiff exposed his problem in such a convincingmanner that the Mulla exclaimed :“I think you are right !”The clerk of the court asked him to refrain himself,as the defendant had not yet been

heard.Nasrudin was so moved by the defendant's eloquence,that he exclaimed, as soon as the latter had stoppedto speak :“I think you are right !”The clerk of the court could not stand it anymore :“Your Honour, they cannot both be right.- I think you are right !” said Nasrudin.”And here an echoing commentary by Zhuang Zi :"Suppose you and I have had an argument. If you havebeaten me instead of my beating you, then are younecessarily right and am I necessarily wrong? If Ihave beaten you instead of your beating me, then am Inecessarily right and are you necessarily wrong? Isone of us right and the other wrong? Are both of usright or are both of us wrong? If you and I don't knowthe answer, then other people are bound to be evenmore in the dark. Whom shall we get to decide what isright? Shall we get someone who agrees with you todecide? But if he already agrees with you, how

can hedecide fairly?…Obviously, then, neither you nor I noranyone else can know the answer. Shall we wait forstill another person?"And here a little bonus Nasruddin story :“Nasrudin started haranguing the people on the marketplace. “Hey ! You ! Do you want knowledge withoutpains, truth without the false, success withouteffort, progress without sacrifice ?”In the wink of an eye, an immense crowd had assembledaround him. And all shouted : “Yes ! yes!”“Perfect ! said the Mulla. I only wanted to get anidea. If I ever discover such a thing, you can counton me not to hide it from you.”Good inspirations and sleepless nights to all of you;-) !!!Christoph________ Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des

expériences des internautes sur Questions/Réponses http://fr.answers.Yours In The Service Of Yoga,Yogacharya GowrishankaranandaRishi Yoga MandirTat Tvam Asi...Thou Art That!

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.