IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 721

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Divine Devidasan, Namastey! Thank You for your input and your comentary on the meaning of Leela & Maya (Hence the reason why I choose thoose names for some of the original charachters). Your comments have led us to one of the questions I have slated to ask.So, can we be responsible for anothers thoughts, and the resulting actions they perform even if we know they will commit some crime? Your comments suggest that no we cannot be responsible for anothers thoughts or anothers actions...is this your meaning? With respect for your valuable contribution, your thoughts come at the perfect time. Yours in the servce of Yoga, GS Jean-Michel Ruffier <devidasan wrote: Namaste No disrespect to anyone or any culture, but life is not a joke but the expression of the Divine in action. It is our lack of understanding and especially lack of realization in that respect that brings confusion and pain, moment to moment and lifetime after lifetime. Let us remember also that Leela means Cosmic or Divine Play, Maya is something altogether different - illusion meaning the delusion between our ears. The fault is in our understanding, perception and realization not in life itself. Incarnation is not a

mistake but an opportunity to become truly conscious of God and our Divine essence through separation just like the child can only know itself through birth and separation from the mother. The Lokas are just different expressions of God's manifestation and not mistakes or 'places' to escape from. The more tangible the expression (ie the Earth plane), the greater the tests meaning the greater the opportunity for tangible transcendence. An adept can never be an escapist. And that means taking full responsibility for our thoughts, words and actions (Dharma and Karma) in our capacity as conscious beings. It also means that we are not responsible for others' thoughts, words and actions (I am not talking here about parenthood which is another issue altogether) but however we are responsible for our reactions to them. Hmmm Truth and moral stances..... I do not believe there are absolutes in life - this can be just another way to create or maintain comfort zones. So we have to be very careful here. A lot of ethics are situational and have different layers of expression / realization to them (such as the Yamas and Niyamas). A child with a lit match next to a basket of paper may be a danger while a nuclear station operated by a trained and sane scientist may pose absolutely no danger. Likewise playing with plastic dolls may be appropriate for a 5 year old girl but not for a 40 year old woman. Hari OM Tat Sat (Hurry Home and That's That - yes I do have a sense of humour) Prem Devidasan. - Yogacharya Gowrishankarananda Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:38 PM Re: Digest Number 721 Divine Sangeet, Your comments are completely appropriate. One thing I learned in my time Living In the Ashram was the meaning of Dharma. so many of us think it is a complicated and mystical equation. I have

learned it is very simple...to know ones role and to do the right thing in accordance to that role in any given moment. You my friend did exactly that...please continue... we learn from your example.Sangeet Bird <sbird39 > wrote: Divine Self: Namaskar!Thank you for your courteous reply. Unlike yourself I am merely a student of RishicultureAshtangana Yoga. Born into a Hindu family, of Hinduparents, brought up with the resonance of my culturewhich included all the stories of Lord Krishna in song(rendered ever more meaningful/beautiful in mymother's wonderful voice)and therefore indelibaly apart of my psyche, i speak partly from that basis.I am sincerely grateful that you value my ruminations.I look forward to the Acharyas' comments. If the endresult of this

discussion is 'On Truth: An E-Satsangahwith Rishiculture Yogacharyas', perhaps my inclusionis inappropriate (without authority).One other lesson I learned from Mom, while I was kneehigh to a grasshopper: 'Ye sab leela he'- this life isan illusion - a huge Cosmic Joke! I am reminded ofthis in my life almost daily. I wait, I listen, I learn.Hari Om Tat SatIn YogaSangeet--- Yogacharya Gowrishankarananda<gowrishankarananda > wrote:> Divine Sangeet, > > Thank you for your ruminations, they are definatly> valued by me and I am sure by many others as well.> Your comments on lies of ommison are key to this> discussion and I have several questions slated for> that particular "brand" of lie comming up soon. > > I had agood conversation last night with one of> our fellow

Ashram brothers. In the conversation we> discussed that in order for this discussion to> continue and to flourish we will all need to put> aside any fears of being right or wrong and simply> pose thoughts, ruminations, and opininions as we> have them at this time in our conscious evolution. I> thank you for your insights and your encouragement> to others to join in the discussion (I believe they> will join in shortly).> > I dont know that there is a right or wrong> regarding our views on truth and the actions> required to follow it other than doing our best with> what we know. I certainly do not have the answers> and it is for this reason that I respectfully ask> the opinions of others whom I know are also on the> path. I have reached a point in my own evolution> that requires some hard questions to be asked with> regard to truth and its Karmic

underpinnnings. To> live in this world and become one with Sat is my> challenge and indeed at the core of the art of> living so to speak. Navigating skillfully through> this Samsaric storm is foundational to Gitananda> Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga. > > My personal inclinations are towards renunciation> and it is this incessant and increasingly louder> call that challenges me for I do not wish to run> away from my duty or the karma that has been placed> in my hands and my hands alone. I believe that this> inquiry into truth will help myself and others to> come to terms with what we are told is the "right"> thing to do and with what is in perfect adherance> with Sat.> > ...May we all be the skillfull torchbearers of> Sat, may we spark the Sat within others into action,> may we be overwhelmed with the peace & love of this> light until

we ourselves become it. > > With respect and gratitude,> > Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi...> > > > Sangeet Bird <sbird39 > wrote:> Two thoughts occur:> > a) One is aware of one's complicity - in this case> the> 'telling of a lie'. There are times one 'doesn't> tell> a lie', but by not doing so ie an act of omission> one> is also 'living a lie'...> > b) In order to make the 'wheel of life turn' ie to> be> part of life's action one is called upon or> 'cornered' into a situation where one has 'to do' or> 'not to do': the forces of the Universe move; the> Navagraha officiate, one within the limits of ones> Consiousness/ awareness acts ...> > Over to you - and all the silent 'actors and> reactors'> - was hoping not to

have a debate with myself! or to> defend my self but to provoke debate.> > Anyway, here you have my ruminations...> > --- Yogacharya Gowrishankarananda> <gowrishankarananda > wrote:> > > Thank you Sangeet for this, would you care to> > comment on Krishna's little lie?> > > > > > > > Sangeet Bird <sbird39 > wrote:> > Me nahi makhan khaoe means 'i didn't eat> > the> > butter...', but it doesn't have the same resonance> > in> > translation ...> > > > --- Kalavathi <kalavathidevi (AT) btinternet (DOT) com>> wrote:> > > > > Rishiculture Ashtanga (Gitananda) YogaSorry I> >

don't> > > know the translation of that...> > > > > > > > > Rishiculture Ashtanga (Gitananda) Yoga > > > Messages In This Digest (1 Message) > > > 1. Re: Digest Number 719 Sangeet Bird > > > View All Topics | Create New Topic Message > > > 1. > > > Re: Digest Number 719 > > > Posted by: "Sangeet Bird" com > > > sbird39 > > > Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:51 am (PST) > > > > > > Didn't little Gopal tell his Mum, Jashodha, 'Me> > > nahi> > > makhan khaeo' ......> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> >>-------------------------> > > > > > > > > No

virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > Version: 7.1.411 / Virus Database: 268.17.39/685> -> > > Release 13/02/2007> > > > > > > > >>________> > > > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get> a> > free analysis of your email personality. Take the> > quiz at the Mail Championship. > >>http://uk.rd./evt=44106/*http://mail..net/uk> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Yours In The Service Of Yoga,> > Yogacharya Gowrishankarananda> > Rishi Yoga Mandir> > Tat Tvam Asi...Thou Art

That!> > > > > > The fish are biting.> > Get more visitors on your site using Search> Marketing.> > >________> > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a> free analysis of your email personality. Take the> quiz at the Mail Championship. >http://uk.rd./evt=44106/*http://mail..net/uk> > > > > > > Yours In The Service Of Yoga,> Yogacharya Gowrishankarananda> Rishi Yoga Mandir> Tat Tvam Asi...Thou Art That!> > > Be a PS3 game guru.> Get your game face on with the

latest PS3 news and> previews at Games.________ The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider. http://uk.docs./nowyoucan.htmlYours In The Service Of Yog,Yogacharya GowrishankaranandaRishi Yoga MandirTat Tvam Asi...Thou Art That! Get your own web address.Have a HUGE year through Small Business. Checked by AVG Free

Edition.Version: 7.5.441 / Virus Database: 268.18.3/694 - Release 20/02/2007 1:44 PM Yours In The Service Of Yoga,Yogacharya GowrishankaranandaRishi Yoga MandirTat Tvam Asi...Thou Art That!

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.