IndiaDivine.org

Report on Anand's successful trip to Italy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namas te Have arrived back in Pondy safe and with a great amount of experiences from my lovely trip to Italy and in particular the wonderful spiritually uplifting Gitananda Ashram of Swami Yogananda in Savona I have learnt a lot, seen a lot and hopefully all those who have had contact with me there have also benefited from my short stay there The ashram is a wonderful place and the Devi temple has energy very similar to that of Kambaliswamy Madam Lilavthi is a great dancer and is better than most Indian professionals dancing today-to have the opportunity to teach her a few new items at “Ananda speed” was really lovely for she has such deep interest and love for the dance. Priyananda has become a strong and capable young man and is taking up the responsibly so well that I am

really proud to call him and Lilavthi my brother and sister without any reservation at all. He played the Mridungam for me in an excellent manner and his respectful attitude was really great as it spurred me on to new heights. His love shone through the wonderful photos that he took of me as Amma always tells us that we must have pictures taken by the ones who love us if we want ourselves to look good in them!! Hamsananda took loving care of me and was always there when I need her guidance. She was the one responsible for getting me to meet the prime Minster of Italy and that is something that I treasure for I haven’t yet met the Indian prime minister!! She didn’t leave any stone unturned in making my stay comfortable. A lovely woman of real substance doing a great karma Yoga for Hinduism in Italy. Uma and her Bhajans are the liveliest of all and her affection in all ways was so touching. Her Shakti is enormous and her love matches it! If you want to hear real Bhajans go and listen to her!! We had a lot of meetings, cultural performances of music, Mridungam and dance, Hatha Yoga classes, lectures on the Yoga philosophy and Yoga therapy at Rome, Milan and Savona, celebration of Tamil new year with expatriate Tamils of India and Sri Lanka, lecture demonstrations, Pujas, a powerful Homa, trips to Rome and Pisa, dance and Mridungam lessons and a lot of singing in the car!!! We also had the main TV channel of Italy do a short presentation on the ashram and its activities while I was there. It was very nicely done and it was the broadcast the day before I left so I had a chance to see it. The food was really good, the countryside magnificent and the architecture amazing. I also enjoyed the flight from Rome to Genova by witnessing the lovely coastline of Italy all the way. A wonderful country with loving people receptive to Indian culture, Yoga and this way of life of Sanathana Dharma Hariharan and family as well as Shankara and family made me very happy by coming to visit me at the ashram. I appreciate their deepest love and dedicated efforts as it was the Easter weekend and not many are willing to sacrifice that. To be the recipient of their love and see their families was truly heartening. It was also nice to meet up with my dear friend Maxine who has made a nice interview with me at the ashram that should appear on British television some time in the near future. Swami Yogananda has truly achieved the impossible. To build and develop such an Ashram in Italy and create the feeling of real India there is something to be seen to be believed. Swamiji would be proud of him in the real sense for his living the teachings with efforts to have India in them at all times. Even his city centre in Savona resonates with Indian vibrations in every nook and corner. His

dedication to Swamiji and his efforts to preserve Rishiculture deserve our heartiest applause and support. I pray Pujya Swamiji Gitananda Giri Guru Maharaj to bless him and the Gitananda Ashram Family with all strength to continue their wonderful Guru Dakshina for the memory of Pujya Swamiji Gitananda Giri Guru Maharaj. With much love in Yoga as always, Ananda Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association 25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013 Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561 Website: www.icyer.com www.geocities.com/yognat2001/ananda

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.