IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Some questions about yoga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is a very interesting question of which I am also interested in an answer. I have been practicing and studying Yoga for almost 20 years and teaching for 14 years. I have yet to find a good foundation for this advice. It has been given over and over again with no more explanation than 'it goes against the flow of the blood'. I have personally practiced inversions during menstruation (although not the first day or two as I feel very internal and find sitting postures best). At about midway through menstraution I have found inversions can help with the 'heavy, dragging' feeling in the lower body and bring more lightness. I would be very interested in your advice and knowledge Ananda- being of a sound Yoga lineage and also trained as a Doctor.

Regards,

Nirmaithi

(Nicole Rubio) Australia

-

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

Friday, July 27, 2007 2:14 AM

Fwd: Some questions about yoga

maria deza <mdtandava > wrote: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:58:58 -0500 (CDT)maria deza <mdtandava >Some questions about yogayognat2001

Dr. Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani,

I wish you are happy and well.

I live in the Mexico and had being teaching yoga for several years with a question that is still without a satisfing answer, so I am writing to you to ask you your aproach and opinion (if possible of course, and if you have the time o reply me which I will fully appreciate).

There is a belief here and in many places that women should avoid the practice of inverted postures (particulary Shirshasana) when they have their periods. I was never to happy and convinced about this idea because I do practice invertions myself and never felt bad, I would even say, much better. After asking several doctors I did not find any medical reason for not to do them, as period is not a body activity regulated by gravity, and there are no possibilities that the blood returns to the phalopian tromps.

So after searching about the subject, to me it still seems to a be a general precaution, to protect the teacher of some "possible accident" but it seems that nobody really knows what it can be. As I do not want to be part of an anonimous repetition I had decided to write you to ask you your opinion and the reasons about that, as I fully respect the way that Dr. Swami Gitananda tought Yoga and of course all your Institution.

I appreciatte the time you had dedicated to read this letter,

with warm regards,

María Deza

Correo Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis! Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol./

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association

25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013

Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561

www.geocities.com/yognat2001/ananda

Take the Internet to Go: Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.