IndiaDivine.org

Some nice insights from Sri Bala

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sri Bala <sribala wrote: Dear Ananda, I’m sending an observation on the reply to the thought provoking question on Vibhaga Pranayama by respected Amma. It was revered Swamiji’s motivation to delve deep into Pranava AUM, and his constant guidance from within, makes my work possible. This is a quantum leap and I would like to share it with my

colleagues. Thanks. love Sri Bala. Out of the Mouths of Yoga Babies! Excerpts from November Self Examination Sheet 39th Annual International Yoga Teachers Training Course October 2nd, 2007 to March 25th, 2008 At the International Centre For Yoga Education and Research (ICYER) Kottakuppam, Tamil

Nadu – 605 104. INDIA. Q. The Vibhaga Pranayama works on the different parts of the body separately (from the navel down, between the navel and the throat, and between the throat and the crown). A. But I think what this question is referring to is that in Yoga we learn how to

develop awareness of the body, the emotions and the mind. Adham Pranayama controls the breath going into the lower lungs and is linked to our food body, the Annamaya Kosha. Madhyam Pranayama controls the breath going into our mid-chest and is linked to the Pranayama Kosha, our vital energy body. And Adhyam Pranayama controls the breath going into our upper-chest and is linked to the Manomaya Kosa, the body that contains our memory and conscious mind. This question prompted me to experiment with trying to visualize these energy fields while sitting in a meditative state and while chanting the Pranava. While sitting it felt that by breathing I could put some breath/energy between my thoughts and my body, thus distancing myself from them and beginning the process of stopping the Chitta Vritti. And while chanting the Pranava I visualized the AAH sound vibrating in my body, the OOH sound vibrating outside my body, and the MMM sound outside again. I then had the thought that if there is something observing this process it must be consciousness, which must be located in a field outside all three of these. This is something to be experimented with more once my body is ore open and I am more aware of the different energies this spiritual being is made up of. An observation I salute Frank for introspecting and describing what he had experienced. The science of yoga is an experiential science. There is no better testimony than experience (preferably after several years of dedicated practice) and in Frank’s case even at the commencement of his serious study and practice of Yoga. I too was led by intuition to a similar conclusion. Unlike Frank, I have been deep into the practise of Pranava AUM from

1988 onwards, from the first day our revered Swamiji unravelled the mystery of AUM to me, after Om was introduced to me by a Yogini at the foothills of the Himalayas, a few months earlier. She not only gave me a practice, but also an 81 day programme to successfully treat a stress-related and immune-deficient condition. Further, I may add, that I actually started the serious practice of Mantra Yoga in 1965 and was fairly used to the discipline of long hours in sadhana. Since of late I have also had the advantage of a psychic and clairvoyant available to me to confirm what I had discovered and developed, after their experiencing them. My experience is as

follows: In Adham Pranayama the vibration and resonance of Aaah is said to attune to the vibratory frequency of the Physical Body, Universe and a Wakeful State of Consciousness. Whereas my understanding was that vibration of Aaah was only felt at the Navel Centre (Manipura Chakra) and it activated the energy field only at the lower part of the body, the psychic brought it to my notice that she was able to feel it throughout her whole body. I verified and soon realised that it was true. This was subsequently confirmed by the clairvoyant, with the revelation that there was a concentration of activity at the lower part of the body. With it a new world was opened to me. So while chanting Aaah, I now allow it to radiate from the Navel

Centre and vibrate at the Physical Energy Body, comprising Annamaya Kosha. In Madhyam Pranayama the vibration and resonance of Uuuu is said to attune to the vibratory frequency of the Mind, Cosmic Mind and a Dream State of Consciousness. Whereas my understanding was that vibration of Uuuh was only felt at the Throat Centre (Vishuddha Chakra) and it activated the energy field only at the mid part of the body, I now realise that it covers the Astral Energy Body, comprising Pranamaya, Manomaya and Vijnanamaya Koshas, with a concentration of activity at the mid part of the body. So while chanting Uuuh I now allow it to radiate from the Throat Centre and vibrate at the Astral Energy Body (enveloping the Physical Energy

Body). In Adhyam Pranayama the vibration and resonance of Mmmm is said to attune to the vibratory frequency of Self-Consciousness, Cosmic Consciousness and a Deep Sleep State of Consciousness. Whereas I my understanding was that vibration of Mmmm was only felt at the Brow Centre (Ajna Chakra) and it activated the energy field only at the upper part of the body, I now realise that it covers the Causal Energy Body, comprising Anandamaya Kosha, with a concentration of activity at the upper part of the body. So while chanting Mmmm I now allow it to radiate from the Brow Centre and vibrate at the Causal Energy Body (enveloping the Physical and Astral Energy Bodies) and extending to infinity. And in Mahat Yoga Pranayama the vibration of A-U-M is felt in a sequence at the Physical, Astral and Causal Energy Bodies, radiating from the Navel, Throat and Brow Centres and extending to infinity. AUM is said not only to integrate the Physical Body, Mind and Self-Consciousness, the Universe, Cosmic Mind and Cosmic Consciousness (briefly the Physical, Astral and Causal Planes of Existence/Energy Bodies) but also transcend the Wakeful, Dream and Deep Sleep Sates of Consciousness associated with them, and leads one to Turiya, the fourth State of Consciousness, beyond conceptualisation. I call it the State of Causal Silence within, wherein one experiences a state of wellbeing, resulting in renewal, repair and self-healing. This experience convinced me beyond doubt that our microcosmic electromagnetic field (Pranamaya Kosha) is part and parcel of the macrocosmic electromagnetic field of the Universe, and that our electromagnetic field is indeed our vital body. That is what I principally learnt from our revered Swamiji, so different from what I learnt at other Schools of Yoga. And with it started my voyage of discovery. As proof of the pudding is in the eating, and ours being an experiential science, may I suggest that you do nine chants of Pranava AUM as described by me, veer it to silence and experience for three minutes the ensuing silence and its state of

wellbeing. If you do, you may believe my claim that I successfully use Pranava AUM in an 81 day programme to heal stress-related and immune-deficient conditions. For more on how I developed Pranava AUM into an art and practise it as a message of hope and recovery, please read the article on “Heal Thy Self with Pranava AUM” recently circulated among our membership. Thanks. love Sri Bala, Yoga Therapist Founder, Vibrational Breath Therapy (based on Rishiculture Ashtanga Yoga) www.vbt.com.au (under reconstruction) Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association 25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013 Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561 Mobile: 9842311433 Website: www.icyer.com www.geocities.com/yognat2001/ananda

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.