IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: BY DR ANANDA FOR KUIL-MARCH 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A LOOK AT SOME OF OUR PATIENTS IN THE VILLAGE HEALTH PROGRAMME

Selvakkani is only in her early forties but has already had a huge medical history. Diagnosed as a patient of rheumatic heart disease that had shrunk the opening in the Mitral valve of her heart she was operated 6 years ago at JIPMER. However her condition has progressively worsened and with an added burden of bronchial asthma she finds it difficult to even do her daily chores. We at the health centre have been monitoring her condition twice a month at the Poothurai Sub Centre and have been given her diuretics, vitamin supplements and medicine to combat her asthma. However the most important medicines for her are the anticoagulants and heart stimulators like Digoxin that are not in sufficient supply due to the cost involved. We hope that with the aid of some sponsors she will be able to get the medicines that she urgently requires and aren't available at the JIPMER hospital. Is anyone listening?

Sarojini is in her late fifties and fits the bill perfectly. Medical texts tell us that gall bladder stones are common in fat, fertile, flatulent, females after their fourth decade. We had diagnosed that Sarojini was suffering diabetes mellitus nearly three years ago and have been managing that part of her condition since then in a satisfactory manner. Recently she complained of pain in the abdomen and her complaints were suggestive of liver and gall bladder malfunction. A scan at the local hospital concluded that she had gall stones that were 2.5 cms in size and a private practitioner even suggested urgent surgery. Upon our further referral to JIPMER and after a rescan, it was concluded that the size was only 1cm and that conservative management could help her. We have put her on Ursodeoxycholicacid that may help dissolve the stones if they are made up of cholesterol. However the medicine is costly and she requires financial assistance to continue the medicine that may help her avoid surgery. We have also given her dietary advise and are monitoring her situation with care.

A FAMILY DOCTOR FOR SURE!

When I did my PG Diploma in Family health I never realised that I would really become a family doctor spanning four generations just within a few years. Well that is what I have truly become at the Poothurai Sub centre with regards to Sakkubai and her family. Sakkubai comes regularly for her vitamin supplements as she is now into her eighties and suffers nutritional deficiencies. It also helps her to have a pair of ears such as mine that can patiently listen to her stories and in turn give her some psychological reassurance as well. Her daughter Pokkilai is another regular patient of mine who seems just to need to have someone to care about her condition and ask her how she feels. Her positive conviction about my treatment has led to a situation where her sister Chandra, daughter Sarla, as well as her grand daughter Uma has come to be treated by me. Pokkilai's husband, son, daughter in law and grandson have also been patients of mine at different times in the past two years and to make matters even bigger, our health worker Lakshmi is the daughter in law of Sakkubai!! It does feel funny that in the span of two years at the Poothurai Sub Centre I have treated virtually ever member of four generations of a family and I hope it sure makes me a qualified family doctor to do so with a smile!

-- Yogacharya Dr Ananda Balayogi BhavananiChairmanICYER and Yoganjali Natyalayam25, 2nd Cross, Iyyanar NagarPondicherry, South Indiawww.icyer.com

www.geocities.com/yognat2001--------------------------DISCLAIMER : Information transmitted in this e-mail is proprietary to Ananda Ashram at ICYER, Pondicherry, South India. It is intended only for the addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged material. Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Please be aware that this email may have been a group mailing (bcc) and if you received this through error we apologize. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us at yognat and delete the material from any stored format/computer.

-- Yogacharya Dr Ananda Balayogi BhavananiChairmanICYER and Yoganjali Natyalayam25, 2nd Cross, Iyyanar NagarPondicherry, South Indiawww.icyer.com

www.geocities.com/yognat2001--------------------------DISCLAIMER : Information transmitted in this e-mail is proprietary to Ananda Ashram at ICYER, Pondicherry, South India. It is intended only for the addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged material. Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Please be aware that this email may have been a group mailing (bcc) and if you received this through error we apologize. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us at yognat and delete the material from any stored format/computer.

Guest guest

Dear Dr.Ananda,

May the Almighty give you more and more

stamina.. all the way ... so that your service to

humanity would ceaselessly continue in the years to

come.

All the best

Dr.Velllore A.R.Srinivasan

_________

Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with For Good

http://uk.promotions./forgood/