IndiaDivine.org

Mile High Hope for the Humanity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

As one of Swamiji's very few Buddhist students I am struck by LiveZero's

comment. The comment draws a distinction between the merely phenomenal impact

of the Obama presidency and the truly eternal realm of Yoga.

In the great " Diamond Cutter of Wisdom " (Vajrachchedika) Sutra the Buddha

Sakyamuni declares, " Where there is possession of phenomenal attributes, there

is delusion; where there is non-possession of any phenomenal attributes, there

is no delusion. The Tathagata is therefore recognized by the attribute of having

no phenomenal attributes. "

This is very in tune with LiveZero's caution against the Six Enemies.

Similarly the sutra concludes with the shloka, " Like a meteor, like darkness, as

a flickering lamp, an illusion, like hoar-frost or a bubble, like clouds, a

flash of lightning, or a dream: so is all conditioned existence to be seen. "

Therefore I commend and agree with LiveZero's comment, but at the same time

welcome and support the earlier posts praising Barack Obama as a beacon of hope

in this phenomenal world.

Bill Phillips (Shantideva)

, " livezero " <livezero wrote:

>

> Those who are proned to misunderstanding will misunderstand. Perhaps I am

talking only about muself here. But to crown a man champion of the world when

there is not track record and compare him to men of greatness whose greatness

have withstood one or more millenia is not the act of great wisdom. When

confused children elect a champion it cannot be considered wisdom. When secret

organiziations back a representative of their covert operations it not a

revelation. What is shown on the surface and the uninformed prattle about, is

not great wisdom. Within our lifetime many of these strategies have been

implemented in other countries and have failed miserably repeatedly; why should

it work now?

>

> Swamiji said at least once - avoid all religious and political controversies

as it will escalate out of control and creat many enemies. Just look below my

injunctions in this discussion were removed for whatever reason without

continuity and the blasphemy towards proven great men has continued in favor of

a man who has proven nothing. What great wisdom!

>

> I am guessing that I am proned to misunderstanding here. But the only bonfire,

is the flaming-out of the pranic force at the global swadhisthana by over

consumption and greed. Remember the six enemies- kama, krodha, lobha, moha etc.

examine it well (for a long time) and you will see what is really in play here.

>

> Seek Govind, Seek Govind, Govind alone you seek...

>

> -------

>

> " Sri Bala " <sribala

> Thursday, May 07, 2009 6:54 AM

>

> RE: Wish to share this moment of Mile High Hope for

the Humanity

>

> My dear Tusharji,

>

> I salute you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this great man,

> Barack Obama. He has certainly given a ray of hope for a better future not

> only to his fellow Americans, but also to the peoples of the world.

>

> Within the short period of 100 days as President of America he has taken

> meaningful steps to demonstrate his deep respect for human dignity, replace

> greed with responsible conduct and morality, replace military might with

> political diplomacy, to quit Iraq, to place service above self, and so on

> the illustrious list goes.

>

> He brings a great understanding of the multicultural nature of the world and

> will offer genuine dialogue and engagement a chance. He is ideally suited to

> lead the world during these troubled times. There is greater hope of peace

> between Israel and Palestine and security in the Middle East now as never

> before. A world free from nuclear weapons too looks a distant possibility

> with him at the helm for two terms.

>

> He indeed is the face of the new America. He has given a new stature to

> America. He has helped America rise above caste, colour, creed and even

> party politics. His action to retain Robert Gates in his Defence portfolio

> speaks for itself. He has brought a change of attitude and reasonableness to

> America. He has pumped in the money needed into the economy to save it from

> total collapse. He has taken the right decisions to initiate infrastructure

> projects which will make America more energy-efficient and climate-friendly.

>

> The fact he was able to raise sufficient funds with his Internet fund

> raising to outdo his opponents spending on TV advertising alone speaks for

> his popularity. He won more votes than anyone else in American history. How

> he excited all and sundry, and in particular the youth, amazed me. The

> youth, the future citizens of America, were the heart, soul and backbone of

> his victory. How they volunteered to see him elected humbled me. And why?

> Because he had indicated the economy has to grow from the bottom up and not

> from the top down and every single citizen had a stake in it.

>

> He has rightfully placed the economy, health care, education, the

> environment/climate change, energy independence as his primary focus.

>

> The slogan " yes we can " reverberated throughout the whole country. By his

> victory he has proved that " anyone can grow up to be President of USA. " By

> his victory he has showed us that `we too can' in our respective countries.

>

> We should be proud of this great man and his equally talented and

> compassionate wife Michelle. You have given a graphic and true picture of

> Barack Obama and I wholly agree with you that " we are all blessed to have a

> leader of his calibre with his able wife at this critical time of our nation

> as well as the world. "

>

> Thank you again, Tusharji. You are truly an advanced soul!

>

> Love,

>

> Sri Bala

> from Down Under

>

>

> On

> Behalf Of Tushar Ray

> Thursday, 7 May 2009 2:13 AM

>

> Re: Wish to share this moment of Mile High Hope for

> the Humanity

>

> Leela is the expression of selfless love and anyother karma is an

> expression of selfish love born out of selfish desire. We samsaris

> also do leela occasionally and that's when we trancendent the samsara

> and experience the bliss transiently. There are, however, a few

> dedicated ones amongst us whose mission is to sacrifice own self for

> the welfare of others in the society. People, though wearing varied

> colored glasses, recognize these great souls in time because the words

> and deeds of these rare souls touch their own heart. In essence, what

> we call Brahman or Atman is pure love that is innate to everyone. It

> is how this innate love is being expressed by an individual decides

> what color of glass one wears. I salute all souls! Namaste!

>

> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM, tkray <tkray wrote:

> >

> >

> > Dear Friends: Here is a story that is uplifting the yogis worldwide in

> > increasing numbers. My story is all about the positive changes in

> > consciousness that I have seen across the USA and the world ever since

> > Barack Obama entered into the Presidential politics. His words and

> > deeds have started a bonfire in human consciousness in all areas of

> > values that rally matters to humanity today. His energy, enthusiasm,

> > quick mind, balanced intellect and broad philosophical and spiritual

> > outlook in life has affected almost everyone I see. We are all blessed

> > to have a leader of his caliber with his able wife at this critical

> > time of our nation as well as the world. To this end I want to share

> > the following poem (dedicated to this great man) that I wrote on

> > November, 2008 (the day at the Mile High) and revised recently.

> >

> > Towards the Mile High Hope*

> > Tushar K. Ray

> > www.centralyoga.org

> >

> > " The rivers of living water flows from the believer's heart "

> > Was made the living truth by the great yogi, Lord Jesus!

> > The one discovering the truth at first deep in his own heart

> > Enticed the humanity to practice it in their very universe

> >

> > This living water metaphor is real Love living in all heart

> > Independent of the Karmic burden a person might have

> > When allowed to become a living force love can conquer all

> > Irrespective of the nature of a barrier that might befall

> >

> > This almighty Love is the guiding force binding all of us

> > Deeply hidden in each of us forming a fabric of the universe

> > Realizing this men do live as the agent of this godly love

> > Feeling at ease at any place else wearing the shoes of the universe

> >

> > Barack Obama's Mile High hope now reverberates across this land

> > Revealing the power of universal shoes Obama happens to wear

> > Linking himself to national-heart he's asking to sacrifice self

> > Becoming a part of the flowing US River that he truly represents

> >

> > His cool head and compassionate heart is focused to free this land

> > From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience

> > Due to wrongful acts of past years and given incentive to greed

> > So, poised he is taking balanced steps while jumping his best to give

> > ----------

> > 11/5/2008; revised on 4/3/2009

> >

> > * Dedicated to President Obama

> >

> >

>

> ---

>

> " Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture

> Ashtanga Yoga " -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri

Guest guest

Thank you,I was going to drop off because of misunderstandings I ushered in. But I would like to return to my earlier comment and elaborate. It is only because of the fire tattva inherent in us that we recognized fire element and its heat, or the water tattva in us that we recognize water element as wet and so on. It was that inherent sentiment in Tusharji that latched on to what he saw in the president's speech. And if anyone else happen to be in concert with it, is because of that same inherent sentiments in them. And if Obama is a beacon, it is because that same beacon is in everyone. Further it is not exclusive to the humans alone. Planting a tree to save the planet is a beacon as well and the list beacons may go on. My thoughts are that the beacon is not Obama, but the beacon is the beacon, it is like an electrical outlet...plug in and there is electricity. In practicing the Pancha Maha Yagna one inherently embraces both the nomenal and the phenomenal. My other point at the time was the globally people everywhere were having the same sentiment because of what was happening globally and it was not instigated by one man. It was a global emotional uprising not only amongst humans but the planet itself. whatever is happening in the Macrocosmos is also happening in the Microcosmos. OK! so I got a little carried away but it was because of the same beacon. unfortunately we try to squeeze into a few words as possible what takes a long time to express. to write one minutes of dictation may take 3 or 4 minutes to put in to writing 1 minute of thoughts may take half an hour or more. to put into writing a week or a month of pondering is impossible. and some things will definitely be left to misunderstanding. Tusharji put those thoughts in writing and maybe I did not show enough respect to it. But only because he tucked in the words 'Lord Jesus' and I did not think that Obama deserves such devotion, not yet anyway, and I have seen the deadly aftershocks of adoration.I wish to erase this problem I created, all of you are elder to me and I should just sit and absorb whatever wisdom I can from you.LivezeroShunyavastha

"Bill Phillips" <vintnerThursday, May 07, 2009 11:05 PM Subject: Re: Mile High Hope for the Humanity

As one of Swamiji's very few Buddhist students I am struck by LiveZero's comment. The comment draws a distinction between the merely phenomenal impact of the Obama presidency and the truly eternal realm of Yoga.In the great "Diamond Cutter of Wisdom" (Vajrachchedika) Sutra the Buddha Sakyamuni declares, "Where there is possession of phenomenal attributes, there is delusion; where there is non-possession of any phenomenal attributes, there is no delusion. The Tathagata is therefore recognized by the attribute of having no phenomenal attributes."This is very in tune with LiveZero's caution against the Six Enemies.Similarly the sutra concludes with the shloka, "Like a meteor, like darkness, as a flickering lamp, an illusion, like hoar-frost or a bubble, like clouds, a flash of lightning, or a dream: so is all conditioned existence to be seen."Therefore I commend and agree with LiveZero's comment, but at the same time welcome and support the earlier posts praising Barack Obama as a beacon of hope in this phenomenal world.Bill Phillips (Shantideva) , "livezero" <livezero wrote:>> Those who are proned to misunderstanding will misunderstand. Perhaps I am talking only about muself here. But to crown a man champion of the world when there is not track record and compare him to men of greatness whose greatness have withstood one or more millenia is not the act of great wisdom. When confused children elect a champion it cannot be considered wisdom. When secret organiziations back a representative of their covert operations it not a revelation. What is shown on the surface and the uninformed prattle about, is not great wisdom. Within our lifetime many of these strategies have been implemented in other countries and have failed miserably repeatedly; why should it work now?> > Swamiji said at least once - avoid all religious and political controversies as it will escalate out of control and creat many enemies. Just look below my injunctions in this discussion were removed for whatever reason without continuity and the blasphemy towards proven great men has continued in favor of a man who has proven nothing. What great wisdom!> > I am guessing that I am proned to misunderstanding here. But the only bonfire, is the flaming-out of the pranic force at the global swadhisthana by over consumption and greed. Remember the six enemies- kama, krodha, lobha, moha etc. examine it well (for a long time) and you will see what is really in play here.> > Seek Govind, Seek Govind, Govind alone you seek...> > -------> > "Sri Bala" <sribala> Thursday, May 07, 2009 6:54 AM> > RE: Wish to share this moment of Mile High Hope for the Humanity > > My dear Tusharji,> > I salute you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this great man,> Barack Obama. He has certainly given a ray of hope for a better future not> only to his fellow Americans, but also to the peoples of the world. > > Within the short period of 100 days as President of America he has taken> meaningful steps to demonstrate his deep respect for human dignity, replace> greed with responsible conduct and morality, replace military might with> political diplomacy, to quit Iraq, to place service above self, and so on> the illustrious list goes. > > He brings a great understanding of the multicultural nature of the world and> will offer genuine dialogue and engagement a chance. He is ideally suited to> lead the world during these troubled times. There is greater hope of peace> between Israel and Palestine and security in the Middle East now as never> before. A world free from nuclear weapons too looks a distant possibility> with him at the helm for two terms.> > He indeed is the face of the new America. He has given a new stature to> America. He has helped America rise above caste, colour, creed and even> party politics. His action to retain Robert Gates in his Defence portfolio> speaks for itself. He has brought a change of attitude and reasonableness to> America. He has pumped in the money needed into the economy to save it from> total collapse. He has taken the right decisions to initiate infrastructure> projects which will make America more energy-efficient and climate-friendly.> > The fact he was able to raise sufficient funds with his Internet fund> raising to outdo his opponents spending on TV advertising alone speaks for> his popularity. He won more votes than anyone else in American history. How> he excited all and sundry, and in particular the youth, amazed me. The> youth, the future citizens of America, were the heart, soul and backbone of> his victory. How they volunteered to see him elected humbled me. And why?> Because he had indicated the economy has to grow from the bottom up and not> from the top down and every single citizen had a stake in it. > > He has rightfully placed the economy, health care, education, the> environment/climate change, energy independence as his primary focus. > > The slogan "yes we can" reverberated throughout the whole country. By his> victory he has proved that "anyone can grow up to be President of USA." By> his victory he has showed us that `we too can' in our respective countries.> > We should be proud of this great man and his equally talented and> compassionate wife Michelle. You have given a graphic and true picture of> Barack Obama and I wholly agree with you that "we are all blessed to have a> leader of his calibre with his able wife at this critical time of our nation> as well as the world."> > Thank you again, Tusharji. You are truly an advanced soul!> > Love,> > Sri Bala> from Down Under> > > On> Behalf Of Tushar Ray> Thursday, 7 May 2009 2:13 AM> > Re: Wish to share this moment of Mile High Hope for> the Humanity> > Leela is the expression of selfless love and anyother karma is an> expression of selfish love born out of selfish desire. We samsaris> also do leela occasionally and that's when we trancendent the samsara> and experience the bliss transiently. There are, however, a few> dedicated ones amongst us whose mission is to sacrifice own self for> the welfare of others in the society. People, though wearing varied> colored glasses, recognize these great souls in time because the words> and deeds of these rare souls touch their own heart. In essence, what> we call Brahman or Atman is pure love that is innate to everyone. It> is how this innate love is being expressed by an individual decides> what color of glass one wears. I salute all souls! Namaste!> > On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM, tkray <tkray wrote:> >> >> > Dear Friends: Here is a story that is uplifting the yogis worldwide in> > increasing numbers. My story is all about the positive changes in> > consciousness that I have seen across the USA and the world ever since> > Barack Obama entered into the Presidential politics. His words and> > deeds have started a bonfire in human consciousness in all areas of> > values that rally matters to humanity today. His energy, enthusiasm,> > quick mind, balanced intellect and broad philosophical and spiritual> > outlook in life has affected almost everyone I see. We are all blessed> > to have a leader of his caliber with his able wife at this critical> > time of our nation as well as the world. To this end I want to share> > the following poem (dedicated to this great man) that I wrote on> > November, 2008 (the day at the Mile High) and revised recently.> >> > Towards the Mile High Hope*> > Tushar K. Ray> > www.centralyoga.org> >> > "The rivers of living water flows from the believer's heart"> > Was made the living truth by the great yogi, Lord Jesus!> > The one discovering the truth at first deep in his own heart> > Enticed the humanity to practice it in their very universe> >> > This living water metaphor is real Love living in all heart> > Independent of the Karmic burden a person might have> > When allowed to become a living force love can conquer all> > Irrespective of the nature of a barrier that might befall> >> > This almighty Love is the guiding force binding all of us> > Deeply hidden in each of us forming a fabric of the universe> > Realizing this men do live as the agent of this godly love> > Feeling at ease at any place else wearing the shoes of the universe> >> > Barack Obama's Mile High hope now reverberates across this land> > Revealing the power of universal shoes Obama happens to wear> > Linking himself to national-heart he's asking to sacrifice self> > Becoming a part of the flowing US River that he truly represents> >> > His cool head and compassionate heart is focused to free this land> > From the grip of deep despair that most citizen now experience> > Due to wrongful acts of past years and given incentive to greed> > So, poised he is taking balanced steps while jumping his best to give> > ----------> > 11/5/2008; revised on 4/3/2009> >> > * Dedicated to President Obama> >> > > > ---> > "Health and Happiness are your birthright, claim them through Rishiculture> Ashtanga Yoga" -Yogamaharishi Dr Swami Gitananda Giri