IndiaDivine.org

Death of Common Sense

Rate this topic

Guest guest

An Obituary printed in the London Times

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common

Sense, who has

been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since

his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain;

Why the early bird gets the worm;

Life isn't always fair;

and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more

than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in

charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but

overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy

charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended

from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for

reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job

that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly

children. It declined even further when schools were required to get

parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but

could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have

an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the religious organizations became

businesses; and

criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took

a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own

home and the burglar could sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to

realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her

lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded

in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his spouse, Discretion, by

his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now,

Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you

still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing

Sad but each word is quite true.--- On Mon, 4/1/10, Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat wrote:

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat Death of Common Sense Date: Monday, 4 January, 2010, 8:12 PM

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:Knowing when to come in out of the rain;Why the early bird gets the worm;Life isn't always fair;and maybe it was my fault.Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual

harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.Common Sense lost the will to live as the religious organizations became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to

realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his spouse, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A VictimNot many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Homepage.

Swamij is Probably saying;

I Tried To Warn You.

murali

Yogacharya Muralidharan Giri [ Muralee ]

Gitananda Yoga Centre Sydney

26 Trevitt Road, North Ryde 2113

NSW, Australia

www.gitananda-australia.net (Accredited Teacher)

--- On Tue, 5/1/10, Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat wrote:

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat Death of Common Sense Received: Tuesday, 5 January, 2010, 1:42 AM

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:Knowing when to come in out of the rain;Why the early bird gets the worm;Life isn't always fair;and maybe it was my fault.Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual

harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.Common Sense lost the will to live as the religious organizations became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to

realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his spouse, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A VictimNot many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing

See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now.

just go to the link and see the comment on my article!it heartens me that at lest some people out there have some brains!http://blog.discover-yoga-online.com/culturing-one’s-self-through-yoga/profound indeed! The full article link sums up more about yoga than everything I’ve ever read about yoga online everywhere put together. It’s so great to see some real yoga knowledge being posted online. Thanks for this article and thanks for this wonderful blog! Yogacharya Dr.Ananda

Balayogi Bhavanani Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association 25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013 Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561 Mobile: 9842311433 Website: www.icyer.com www..orghttp://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=yognat2001 & p=r meena ramanathan <saineema Sent: Mon, January 4, 2010 9:50:47 PMRe: Death of Common Sense

Sad but each word is quite true.--- On Mon, 4/1/10, Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat (AT) gmail (DOT) com> Death of Common SenseMonday, 4 January, 2010, 8:12 PM

Great article.. may i also put it on my site when i get it going again please?

love in yoga sonia

-

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 2:33 AM

Re: Death of Common Sense

just go to the link and see the comment on my article!

it heartens me that at lest some people out there have some brains!

http://blog.discover-yoga-online.com/culturing-one’s-self-through-yoga/

profound indeed! The full article link sums up more about yoga than everything I’ve ever read about yoga online everywhere put together. It’s so great to see some real yoga knowledge being posted online. Thanks for this article and thanks for this wonderful blog!

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association

25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013

Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561

Mobile: 9842311433

www..orghttp://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=yognat2001 & p=r

meena ramanathan <saineema > Sent: Mon, January 4, 2010 9:50:47 PMRe: Death of Common Sense

Sad but each word is quite true.--- On Mon, 4/1/10, Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote:

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani <yognat (AT) gmail (DOT) com> Death of Common SenseMonday, 4 January, 2010, 8:12 PM

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:Knowing when to come in out of the rain;Why the early bird gets the worm;Life isn't always fair;and maybe it was my fault.Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.Common Sense lost the will to live as the religious organizations became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his spouse, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A VictimNot many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.430 / Virus Database: 270.14.132/2611 - Release 01/10/10 07:35:00

dear allthanks for the responses to my writings and teachingsi am happy to share my writings with all and only request that the due credit be given so that more can come to know of swamiji and his teachings

all the bestdr anandaOn Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Sonia Allen-Wall <sonia wrote:

Great article.. may i also put it on my site when i get it going again please?

love in yoga sonia

-

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Bhavanani

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 2:33 AM

Re: Death of Common Sense

just go to the link and see the comment on my article!

it heartens me that at lest some people out there have some brains!

http://blog.discover-yoga-online.com/culturing-one’s-self-through-yoga/

profound indeed! The full article link sums up more about yoga than everything I’ve ever read about yoga online everywhere put together. It’s so great to see some real yoga knowledge being posted online. Thanks for this article and thanks for this wonderful blog! 

Yogacharya Dr.Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani

Chairman : Yoganjali Natyalayam and ICYER

Hon General Secretary, Pondicherry Yogasana Association

25, 2nd Cross,Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, South India-605 013

Tel: +91-413 - 2622902 / +91-413 -3203314/+91-413 -2241561

Mobile: 9842311433

www..orghttp://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=yognat2001 & p=r

meena ramanathan <saineema Sent: Mon, January 4, 2010 9:50:47 PMRe: Death of Common Sense 

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:Knowing when to come in out of the rain;Why the early bird gets the worm;Life isn't always fair;and maybe it was my fault.Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.Common Sense lost the will to live as the religious organizations became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his spouse, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason.He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, I Want It Now, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A VictimNot many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.430 / Virus Database: 270.14.132/2611 - Release 01/10/10 07:35:00

-- Yogacharya Dr Ananda Balayogi BhavananiChairman: ICYER and Yoganjali Natyalayam25, II Cross, Iyyanar Nagar, Pondicherry, Indiawww.icyer.com and www..org

--------------------------DISCLAIMER : Information transmitted in this e-mail is proprietary to Ananda Ashram at ICYER, Pondicherry, South India. It is intended only for the addressee and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged material. Review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. Please be aware that this email may have been a group mailing (bcc) and if you received this through error we apologize. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us at yognat and delete the material from any stored format/computer.