IndiaDivine.org

Beautiful story with important moral

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Parvathi once asked Shiva " Countless people bathe in the Ganges every day having been told that it will wash away all their sins and grant them Moksha. Do all of them actually get Mokasha?"

The Lord answered, " No, very few get liberated. Unless there is devotion and firm faith no amount of bathing in the Ganges will cleanse one". To prove his point, Lord Shiva took on the guise of an old man while Parvathi accompanied him as old lady. While bathing in the Ganges, the old man pretended to slip and fall into water. He started floundering in the water and seeing this his old wife cried out, "someone please save my husband. He cannot swim and is drowning". As the other bathers rushed up the lady again cried out,"only a sinless man should save my husband . If he is touched by an impure one he will die."

Hearing this the people turned back; they were unsure and did not want to be that cause of death of the old man. Only one person, a simple man named Sankaran came forward. He had been told by his master that the only way he could get rid of his sins was to bathe in the Ganges and since he had implict faith in his master's words considered himself sinless now that he had bathed in the Ganges. He jumped into the water and rescued the old man.Lord Shiva said to Parvathy, "of the thousands that are bathing here today only this man who saved me will get Moksha, for only he had complete faith."

So not only is sadhana alone necessary, but full faith in the sadhana and words of our Guru/Goddess!

Jai Maa! Happy Navratri!

Surya

Guest guest

Beautiful.

, " Mahamuni Das " <mahamuni wrote:

>

> Parvathi once asked Shiva " Countless people bathe in the Ganges

every day having been told that it will wash away all their sins and

grant them Moksha. Do all of them actually get Mokasha? "

>

> The Lord answered, " No, very few get liberated. Unless there is

devotion and firm faith no amount of bathing in the Ganges will

cleanse one " . To prove his point, Lord Shiva took on the guise of an

old man while Parvathi accompanied him as old lady. While bathing in

the Ganges, the old man pretended to slip and fall into water. He

started floundering in the water and seeing this his old wife cried

out, " someone please save my husband. He cannot swim and is drowning " .

As the other bathers rushed up the lady again cried out, " only a

sinless man should save my husband . If he is touched by an impure one

he will die. "

>

> Hearing this the people turned back; they were unsure and did not

want to be that cause of death of the old man. Only one person, a

simple man named Sankaran came forward. He had been told by his master

that the only way he could get rid of his sins was to bathe in the

Ganges and since he had implict faith in his master's words considered

himself sinless now that he had bathed in the Ganges. He jumped into

the water and rescued the old man.

>

> Lord Shiva said to Parvathy, " of the thousands that are bathing here

today only this man who saved me will get Moksha, for only he had

complete faith. "

>

> So not only is sadhana alone necessary, but full faith in the

sadhana and words of our Guru/Goddess!

>

> Jai Maa! Happy Navratri!

>

> Surya

>

Guest guest

Wow,What a great story!Mahamuni Das <mahamuni wrote: Parvathi once asked Shiva " Countless people bathe in the Ganges every day having been told that it will wash away all their sins and grant them Moksha. Do all of them actually get Mokasha?" The Lord answered, " No, very few get liberated. Unless there is devotion and firm faith no amount of bathing in the Ganges will cleanse one". To prove his point, Lord Shiva took on the guise of an old man while Parvathi accompanied him as old lady.

While bathing in the Ganges, the old man pretended to slip and fall into water. He started floundering in the water and seeing this his old wife cried out, "someone please save my husband. He cannot swim and is drowning". As the other bathers rushed up the lady again cried out,"only a sinless man should save my husband . If he is touched by an impure one he will die." Hearing this the people turned back; they were unsure and did not want to be that cause of death of the old man. Only one person, a simple man named Sankaran came forward. He had been told by his master that the only way he could get rid of his sins was to bathe in the Ganges and since he had implict faith in his master's words considered himself sinless now that he had bathed in the Ganges. He jumped into the water and rescued the old man.Lord Shiva said to Parvathy, "of the thousands that are bathing here today only this man who saved me will get Moksha, for only he had

complete faith." So not only is sadhana alone necessary, but full faith in the sadhana and words of our Guru/Goddess! Jai Maa! Happy Navratri! Surya

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Mail for Mobile. Get started.