IndiaDivine.org

Satyanarayan Bhagavan Ki Jai !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have been thinking on the story of Satyanarayan vrat, following is my understanding, I place it before you...

Understanding the Story of Satyanarayan Vrat...

When we offer ourselves represented here as the Sapada Bhakshya or the five kosas...

Wheat flour - Annamaya kosa

Banana - Pranamaya kosa (since it is full of prana)

Ghee - Manomaya kosa ( heat element)

Milk - Vijnanamaya kosa ( to discriminate between water and milk)

Honey - Anandamaya kosa

at the altar of the Ultimate Truth or Satyanarayan then we become prasad or the vehicle for the Truth...

Knowing this then what is the path a normal human being follows to attain the Truth or become a vehicle for the Truth...

1. the story of the poor brahmin tells us we have to be open so that we can be inspired by the Truth directly or

2. the story of the woodcutter tells us we have to be open so that we can atleast be inspired by the Truth indirectly, then

3. the story of the businessman shows us that once we are inspired we have to make an effort to live the Truth - not hide or procrastinate, since once you are awakened you can never go back or even if you try, things will be not the same again

4. the story of the king tells us the even if we are content with our truths we should not look down on others truths however childish they may be since there is only One Truth and everything else is the expression of that Truth, then only way to act perfectly is when we surrender ourselves completely(five kosas) to the Ultimate Truth and let it act through you...

Jai Sri Ramakrishna!