IndiaDivine.org

Chandi Family Sankalpa - Just a Funny Story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Brothers and Sisters , The last 3 days very confused trying to log in to webcam hoping to meet all family members doing Chandi together .Tried and my wife tried again yesterday 11.30 Malaysia time Furthermore, travelling for work to Indonesia and Thailand via Singapore at the same time . The sankalpa below is the only thing that is keeping me going on in this unique sadhana . Yesterday Veni ( my better half ) had to do it alone as I left to Thailand from Indonesia ( short transit at Singapore) Is there any where we are getting together?Anyway this sadhana will go on......and the funny thing is I felt at this moment the sadhana is keeping the family together you , me and my wife ...................... .Yes it is a family!!!!! Jai Maa!!!!!Chris Kirner

<chriskirner1956 wrote: Ahhh...Thanks for the enlightening correction!Jai Maa!Chris , "Mahamuni Das" <mahamuni wrote:>> Namaste,> > I believe "atha" means "now" or more loosely translated in this case"Now the". It is defined as "an auspicious and inceptive particle(not easily expressed in English)"> > You see it used in the beginning of many

stotrams, sutras, etc, suchas the Brahma Sutras, for example.> > Jai Maa!> > Surya> - > Chris Kirner > > Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:56 PM> Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Like to chant the Chandi ? Thenhere is a sankalpa for yo> > > Hi Sundari!> > Good for you!!> > The trouble lies in two things, the page numbers for the various> editions out there are different, and the table of contents in the> Chandi Path are in English, while the headings in the text are in> Sanskrit only.> > The Kilakam, called "atha kilakam" ("atha" means "the") in the text,> is in the Table of Contents as "The Praise Which Removes the Pin". You> shouldn't have any trouble finding it now.>

> The rest of the assigned passages just take up where you left off the> day before, so if you have trouble finding things in the Chandi Path,> use a bookmark.> > Keep going!!!> Many blessings!!!> > Jai Maa!> Chris> > , Sundari <erin.johansen@> wrote:> >> > Namaste!> > > > I began this sankalpa this morning - and soon realized that Iwas very> > confused! I just kept chanting, looking for the markers that are> > listed below, but couldn't find them named. So, I am wonderingif, for> > those of us who are not as familiar with the text, some kind person> > can list the corresponding page numbers in the Chandi Path book. For> > instance, I looked in vain for something labelled "Kilakam" this>

> morning and couldn't find it. I just want to be able to do this> > sankalpa correctly, and avoid complete discouragement.> > > > Thank you!> > -Sundari> > > > >> > > Day 1: Devata Pranam through Kilakam> > > Day 2: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Vedoktam Ratri> Shuktam through> > > Chapter 1> > > Day 3: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 2, 3 and 4> > > Day 4: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 5 and 6> > > Day 5: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 7 and 8> > > Day 6: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 9 and 10> > > Day 7: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 11, 12and 13> > > Day 8: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Shapoddhara,> utkilana, and> > > mritasamjivani mantras, Navarna

Viddhi through Murti Rahasya> > > Day 9: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Kshama Prathana> through end> > >> >> > > > > > >-------------------------> > > > > Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.5.1/764 - Release Date:4/17/2007 4:43 AM>

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Hi Kanna,

It's really heartwarming to hear your feelings about how the Chandi

sankalpa is binding your family together even while you are apart. It

really does connect us all. It is very important to me too.

I'm sorry to say we (those of us doing the Chandi sankalpa) are not

chanting the Chandi together. The logistics of getting everyone

together at the same time would be difficult, and would force some to

forgo participation. Perhaps you're thinking of the daily recitation

of the Chandi that Swamiji et al do at the Mandir every morning at

6:00 AM Pacific Time (that's right, isn't it Vish, 6:00 AM?). In

Malaysia you are 25 hours ahead, so you would want to tune in at 7:00

AM your time.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

May she richly bless you and Veni as you worship together.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, kanna krishnan

<kanna_krishnan2002 wrote:

>

> Dear Brothers and Sisters ,

>

> The last 3 days very confused trying to log in to webcam hoping to

meet all family members doing Chandi together .Tried and my wife tried

again yesterday 11.30 Malaysia time

>

> Furthermore, travelling for work to Indonesia and Thailand via

Singapore at the same time .

>

> The sankalpa below is the only thing that is keeping me going on

in this unique sadhana . Yesterday Veni ( my better half ) had to do

it alone as I left to Thailand from Indonesia ( short transit at

Singapore)

>

> Is there any where we are getting together?Anyway this sadhana

will go on......and the funny thing is I felt at this moment the

sadhana is keeping the family together you , me and my wife

....................... .Yes it is a family!!!!!

>

> Jai Maa!!!!!

>

> Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote:

> Ahhh...

> Thanks for the enlightening correction!

>

> Jai Maa!

> Chris

>

> , " Mahamuni Das " <mahamuni@> wrote:

> >

> > Namaste,

> >

> > I believe " atha " means " now " or more loosely translated in this case

> " Now the " . It is defined as " an auspicious and inceptive particle

> (not easily expressed in English) "

> >

> > You see it used in the beginning of many stotrams, sutras, etc, such

> as the Brahma Sutras, for example.

> >

> > Jai Maa!

> >

> > Surya

> > -

> > Chris Kirner

> >

> > Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:56 PM

> > Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Like to chant the Chandi ? Then

> here is a sankalpa for yo

> >

> >

> > Hi Sundari!

> >

> > Good for you!!

> >

> > The trouble lies in two things, the page numbers for the various

> > editions out there are different, and the table of contents in the

> > Chandi Path are in English, while the headings in the text are in

> > Sanskrit only.

> >

> > The Kilakam, called " atha kilakam " ( " atha " means " the " ) in the text,

> > is in the Table of Contents as " The Praise Which Removes the Pin " . You

> > shouldn't have any trouble finding it now.

> >

> > The rest of the assigned passages just take up where you left off the

> > day before, so if you have trouble finding things in the Chandi Path,

> > use a bookmark.

> >

> > Keep going!!!

> > Many blessings!!!

> >

> > Jai Maa!

> > Chris

> >

> > , Sundari <erin.johansen@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Namaste!

> > >

> > > I began this sankalpa this morning - and soon realized that I

> was very

> > > confused! I just kept chanting, looking for the markers that are

> > > listed below, but couldn't find them named. So, I am wondering

> if, for

> > > those of us who are not as familiar with the text, some kind person

> > > can list the corresponding page numbers in the Chandi Path book. For

> > > instance, I looked in vain for something labelled " Kilakam " this

> > > morning and couldn't find it. I just want to be able to do this

> > > sankalpa correctly, and avoid complete discouragement.

> > >

> > > Thank you!

> > > -Sundari

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Day 1: Devata Pranam through Kilakam

> > > > Day 2: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Vedoktam Ratri

> > Shuktam through

> > > > Chapter 1

> > > > Day 3: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 2, 3 and 4

> > > > Day 4: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 5 and 6

> > > > Day 5: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 7 and 8

> > > > Day 6: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 9 and 10

> > > > Day 7: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 11, 12

> and 13

> > > > Day 8: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Shapoddhara,

> > utkilana, and

> > > > mritasamjivani mantras, Navarna Viddhi through Murti Rahasya

> > > > Day 9: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Kshama Prathana

> > through end

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> -------------------------

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.5.1/764 - Release Date:

> 4/17/2007 4:43 AM

> >

> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

> Check outnew cars at Autos.

>

Guest guest

Dear Kanna and Veni,

I informed Swamiji you both are doing the Chandi sankalpa and he was

very pleased.

His words were:

" Thats wonderful!

Please give them my regards. "

So, here they are!

Jai Maa!

Chris

, kanna krishnan

>

> Dear Brothers and Sisters ,

>

> The last 3 days very confused trying to log in to webcam hoping to

meet all family members doing Chandi together .Tried and my wife tried

again yesterday 11.30 Malaysia time

>

> Furthermore, travelling for work to Indonesia and Thailand via

Singapore at the same time .

>

> The sankalpa below is the only thing that is keeping me going on

in this unique sadhana . Yesterday Veni ( my better half ) had to do

it alone as I left to Thailand from Indonesia ( short transit at

Singapore)

>

> Is there any where we are getting together?Anyway this sadhana

will go on......and the funny thing is I felt at this moment the

sadhana is keeping the family together you , me and my wife

....................... .Yes it is a family!!!!!

>

> Jai Maa!!!!!

>

> Ahhh...

> Thanks for the enlightening correction!

>

> Jai Maa!

> Chris

>

> , " Mahamuni Das " <mahamuni@> wrote:

> >

> > Namaste,

> >

> > I believe " atha " means " now " or more loosely translated in this case

> " Now the " . It is defined as " an auspicious and inceptive particle

> (not easily expressed in English) "

> >

> > You see it used in the beginning of many stotrams, sutras, etc, such

> as the Brahma Sutras, for example.

> >

> > Jai Maa!

> >

> > Surya

> > -

> > Chris Kirner

> >

> > Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:56 PM

> > Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Like to chant the Chandi ? Then

> here is a sankalpa for yo

> >

> >

> > Hi Sundari!

> >

> > Good for you!!

> >

> > The trouble lies in two things, the page numbers for the various

> > editions out there are different, and the table of contents in the

> > Chandi Path are in English, while the headings in the text are in

> > Sanskrit only.

> >

> > The Kilakam, called " atha kilakam " ( " atha " means " the " ) in the text,

> > is in the Table of Contents as " The Praise Which Removes the Pin " . You

> > shouldn't have any trouble finding it now.

> >

> > The rest of the assigned passages just take up where you left off the

> > day before, so if you have trouble finding things in the Chandi Path,

> > use a bookmark.

> >

> > Keep going!!!

> > Many blessings!!!

> >

> > Jai Maa!

> > Chris

> >

> > , Sundari <erin.johansen@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Namaste!

> > >

> > > I began this sankalpa this morning - and soon realized that I

> was very

> > > confused! I just kept chanting, looking for the markers that are

> > > listed below, but couldn't find them named. So, I am wondering

> if, for

> > > those of us who are not as familiar with the text, some kind person

> > > can list the corresponding page numbers in the Chandi Path book. For

> > > instance, I looked in vain for something labelled " Kilakam " this

> > > morning and couldn't find it. I just want to be able to do this

> > > sankalpa correctly, and avoid complete discouragement.

> > >

> > > Thank you!

> > > -Sundari

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Day 1: Devata Pranam through Kilakam

> > > > Day 2: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Vedoktam Ratri

> > Shuktam through

> > > > Chapter 1

> > > > Day 3: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 2, 3 and 4

> > > > Day 4: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 5 and 6

> > > > Day 5: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 7 and 8

> > > > Day 6: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 9 and 10

> > > > Day 7: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 11, 12

> and 13

> > > > Day 8: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Shapoddhara,

> > utkilana, and

> > > > mritasamjivani mantras, Navarna Viddhi through Murti Rahasya

> > > > Day 9: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Kshama Prathana

> > through end

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> -------------------------

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.5.1/764 - Release Date:

> 4/17/2007 4:43 AM

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Brother Chrisji, Our internet connection not so good at that time of the day but I really appreciate your sharing............ We will one day by grace of Maa have the darshan of all family at Devi Mandir ! Until then.......................... Jai Maa!!!!Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote: Hi Kanna,It's really heartwarming to hear

your feelings about how the Chandisankalpa is binding your family together even while you are apart. Itreally does connect us all. It is very important to me too.I'm sorry to say we (those of us doing the Chandi sankalpa) are notchanting the Chandi together. The logistics of getting everyonetogether at the same time would be difficult, and would force some toforgo participation. Perhaps you're thinking of the daily recitationof the Chandi that Swamiji et al do at the Mandir every morning at6:00 AM Pacific Time (that's right, isn't it Vish, 6:00 AM?). InMalaysia you are 25 hours ahead, so you would want to tune in at 7:00AM your time.Thanks so much for sharing this.May she richly bless you and Veni as you worship together.Jai Maa!Chris , kanna krishnan<kanna_krishnan2002

wrote:>> Dear Brothers and Sisters ,> > The last 3 days very confused trying to log in to webcam hoping tomeet all family members doing Chandi together .Tried and my wife triedagain yesterday 11.30 Malaysia time > > Furthermore, travelling for work to Indonesia and Thailand viaSingapore at the same time .> > The sankalpa below is the only thing that is keeping me going onin this unique sadhana . Yesterday Veni ( my better half ) had to doit alone as I left to Thailand from Indonesia ( short transit atSingapore) > > Is there any where we are getting together?Anyway this sadhanawill go on......and the funny thing is I felt at this moment thesadhana is keeping the family together you , me and my wife...................... .Yes it is a family!!!!!> > Jai Maa!!!!!> > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote:>

Ahhh...> Thanks for the enlightening correction!> > Jai Maa!> Chris> > , "Mahamuni Das" <mahamuni@> wrote:> >> > Namaste,> > > > I believe "atha" means "now" or more loosely translated in this case> "Now the". It is defined as "an auspicious and inceptive particle> (not easily expressed in English)"> > > > You see it used in the beginning of many stotrams, sutras, etc, such> as the Brahma Sutras, for example.> > > > Jai Maa!> > > > Surya> > - > > Chris Kirner > > > > Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:56 PM> > Re:

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Like to chant the Chandi ? Then> here is a sankalpa for yo> > > > > > Hi Sundari!> > > > Good for you!!> > > > The trouble lies in two things, the page numbers for the various> > editions out there are different, and the table of contents in the> > Chandi Path are in English, while the headings in the text are in> > Sanskrit only.> > > > The Kilakam, called "atha kilakam" ("atha" means "the") in the text,> > is in the Table of Contents as "The Praise Which Removes the Pin". You> > shouldn't have any trouble finding it now.> > > > The rest of the assigned passages just take up where you left off the> > day before, so if you have trouble finding things in the Chandi Path,> > use a bookmark.> > > > Keep going!!!> > Many

blessings!!!> > > > Jai Maa!> > Chris> > > > , Sundari <erin.johansen@> wrote:> > >> > > Namaste!> > > > > > I began this sankalpa this morning - and soon realized that I> was very> > > confused! I just kept chanting, looking for the markers that are> > > listed below, but couldn't find them named. So, I am wondering> if, for> > > those of us who are not as familiar with the text, some kind person> > > can list the corresponding page numbers in the Chandi Path book. For> > > instance, I looked in vain for something labelled "Kilakam" this> > > morning and couldn't find it. I just want to be able to do this> > > sankalpa correctly, and avoid complete

discouragement.> > > > > > Thank you!> > > -Sundari> > > > > > >> > > > Day 1: Devata Pranam through Kilakam> > > > Day 2: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Vedoktam Ratri> > Shuktam through> > > > Chapter 1> > > > Day 3: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 2, 3 and 4> > > > Day 4: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 5 and 6> > > > Day 5: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 7 and 8> > > > Day 6: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 9 and 10> > > > Day 7: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 11, 12> and 13> > > > Day 8: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Shapoddhara,> > utkilana, and> > > > mritasamjivani mantras, Navarna Viddhi through Murti Rahasya>

> > > Day 9: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Kshama Prathana> > through end> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> -------------------------> > > > > > > > > > Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.5.1/764 - Release Date:> 4/17/2007 4:43 AM> >> > > > > > > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> Check outnew cars at Autos.>

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Thank you Brother Chrisji, Our internet connection not so good at that time of the day but I really appreciate your sharing............ We will one day by grace of Maa have the darshan of all family at Devi Mandir ! Until then.......................... Jai Maa!!!!Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote: Hi Kanna,It's really heartwarming to hear

your feelings about how the Chandisankalpa is binding your family together even while you are apart. Itreally does connect us all. It is very important to me too.I'm sorry to say we (those of us doing the Chandi sankalpa) are notchanting the Chandi together. The logistics of getting everyonetogether at the same time would be difficult, and would force some toforgo participation. Perhaps you're thinking of the daily recitationof the Chandi that Swamiji et al do at the Mandir every morning at6:00 AM Pacific Time (that's right, isn't it Vish, 6:00 AM?). InMalaysia you are 25 hours ahead, so you would want to tune in at 7:00AM your time.Thanks so much for sharing this.May she richly bless you and Veni as you worship together.Jai Maa!Chris , kanna krishnan<kanna_krishnan2002

wrote:>> Dear Brothers and Sisters ,> > The last 3 days very confused trying to log in to webcam hoping tomeet all family members doing Chandi together .Tried and my wife triedagain yesterday 11.30 Malaysia time > > Furthermore, travelling for work to Indonesia and Thailand viaSingapore at the same time .> > The sankalpa below is the only thing that is keeping me going onin this unique sadhana . Yesterday Veni ( my better half ) had to doit alone as I left to Thailand from Indonesia ( short transit atSingapore) > > Is there any where we are getting together?Anyway this sadhanawill go on......and the funny thing is I felt at this moment thesadhana is keeping the family together you , me and my wife...................... .Yes it is a family!!!!!> > Jai Maa!!!!!> > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote:>

Ahhh...> Thanks for the enlightening correction!> > Jai Maa!> Chris> > , "Mahamuni Das" <mahamuni@> wrote:> >> > Namaste,> > > > I believe "atha" means "now" or more loosely translated in this case> "Now the". It is defined as "an auspicious and inceptive particle> (not easily expressed in English)"> > > > You see it used in the beginning of many stotrams, sutras, etc, such> as the Brahma Sutras, for example.> > > > Jai Maa!> > > > Surya> > - > > Chris Kirner > > > > Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:56 PM> > Re:

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Like to chant the Chandi ? Then> here is a sankalpa for yo> > > > > > Hi Sundari!> > > > Good for you!!> > > > The trouble lies in two things, the page numbers for the various> > editions out there are different, and the table of contents in the> > Chandi Path are in English, while the headings in the text are in> > Sanskrit only.> > > > The Kilakam, called "atha kilakam" ("atha" means "the") in the text,> > is in the Table of Contents as "The Praise Which Removes the Pin". You> > shouldn't have any trouble finding it now.> > > > The rest of the assigned passages just take up where you left off the> > day before, so if you have trouble finding things in the Chandi Path,> > use a bookmark.> > > > Keep going!!!> > Many

blessings!!!> > > > Jai Maa!> > Chris> > > > , Sundari <erin.johansen@> wrote:> > >> > > Namaste!> > > > > > I began this sankalpa this morning - and soon realized that I> was very> > > confused! I just kept chanting, looking for the markers that are> > > listed below, but couldn't find them named. So, I am wondering> if, for> > > those of us who are not as familiar with the text, some kind person> > > can list the corresponding page numbers in the Chandi Path book. For> > > instance, I looked in vain for something labelled "Kilakam" this> > > morning and couldn't find it. I just want to be able to do this> > > sankalpa correctly, and avoid complete

discouragement.> > > > > > Thank you!> > > -Sundari> > > > > > >> > > > Day 1: Devata Pranam through Kilakam> > > > Day 2: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Vedoktam Ratri> > Shuktam through> > > > Chapter 1> > > > Day 3: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 2, 3 and 4> > > > Day 4: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 5 and 6> > > > Day 5: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 7 and 8> > > > Day 6: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 9 and 10> > > > Day 7: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 11, 12> and 13> > > > Day 8: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Shapoddhara,> > utkilana, and> > > > mritasamjivani mantras, Navarna Viddhi through Murti Rahasya>

> > > Day 9: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Kshama Prathana> > through end> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> -------------------------> > > > > > > > > > Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.5.1/764 - Release Date:> 4/17/2007 4:43 AM> >> > > > > > > > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?> Check outnew cars at Autos.>

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

It's just a thought, Kanna, but those feeds are really very bandwith

intensive if you have basic DSL. If you are almost, but not quite

getting the feed, why don't you try turning off one of the cameras and

see if that helps.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, kanna krishnan

>

> Thank you Brother Chrisji,

>

> Our internet connection not so good at that time of the day but

I really appreciate your sharing............

>

> We will one day by grace of Maa have the darshan of all family at

Devi Mandir !

>

> Until then..........................

>

> Jai Maa!!!!

>

> Hi Kanna,

>

> It's really heartwarming to hear your feelings about how the Chandi

> sankalpa is binding your family together even while you are apart. It

> really does connect us all. It is very important to me too.

>

> I'm sorry to say we (those of us doing the Chandi sankalpa) are not

> chanting the Chandi together. The logistics of getting everyone

> together at the same time would be difficult, and would force some to

> forgo participation. Perhaps you're thinking of the daily recitation

> of the Chandi that Swamiji et al do at the Mandir every morning at

> 6:00 AM Pacific Time (that's right, isn't it Vish, 6:00 AM?). In

> Malaysia you are 25 hours ahead, so you would want to tune in at 7:00

> AM your time.

>

> Thanks so much for sharing this.

>

> May she richly bless you and Veni as you worship together.

>

> Jai Maa!

> Chris

>

> , kanna krishnan

> <kanna_krishnan2002@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Brothers and Sisters ,

> >

> > The last 3 days very confused trying to log in to webcam hoping to

> meet all family members doing Chandi together .Tried and my wife tried

> again yesterday 11.30 Malaysia time

> >

> > Furthermore, travelling for work to Indonesia and Thailand via

> Singapore at the same time .

> >

> > The sankalpa below is the only thing that is keeping me going on

> in this unique sadhana . Yesterday Veni ( my better half ) had to do

> it alone as I left to Thailand from Indonesia ( short transit at

> Singapore)

> >

> > Is there any where we are getting together?Anyway this sadhana

> will go on......and the funny thing is I felt at this moment the

> sadhana is keeping the family together you , me and my wife

> ...................... .Yes it is a family!!!!!

> >

> > Jai Maa!!!!!

> >

> > Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956@> wrote:

> > Ahhh...

> > Thanks for the enlightening correction!

> >

> > Jai Maa!

> > Chris

> >

> > , " Mahamuni Das " <mahamuni@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Namaste,

> > >

> > > I believe " atha " means " now " or more loosely translated in this case

> > " Now the " . It is defined as " an auspicious and inceptive particle

> > (not easily expressed in English) "

> > >

> > > You see it used in the beginning of many stotrams, sutras, etc, such

> > as the Brahma Sutras, for example.

> > >

> > > Jai Maa!

> > >

> > > Surya

> > > -

> > > Chris Kirner

> > >

> > > Tuesday, April 17, 2007 8:56 PM

> > > Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Like to chant the Chandi ? Then

> > here is a sankalpa for yo

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi Sundari!

> > >

> > > Good for you!!

> > >

> > > The trouble lies in two things, the page numbers for the various

> > > editions out there are different, and the table of contents in the

> > > Chandi Path are in English, while the headings in the text are in

> > > Sanskrit only.

> > >

> > > The Kilakam, called " atha kilakam " ( " atha " means " the " ) in the text,

> > > is in the Table of Contents as " The Praise Which Removes the

Pin " . You

> > > shouldn't have any trouble finding it now.

> > >

> > > The rest of the assigned passages just take up where you left

off the

> > > day before, so if you have trouble finding things in the Chandi

Path,

> > > use a bookmark.

> > >

> > > Keep going!!!

> > > Many blessings!!!

> > >

> > > Jai Maa!

> > > Chris

> > >

> > > , Sundari <erin.johansen@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Namaste!

> > > >

> > > > I began this sankalpa this morning - and soon realized that I

> > was very

> > > > confused! I just kept chanting, looking for the markers that are

> > > > listed below, but couldn't find them named. So, I am wondering

> > if, for

> > > > those of us who are not as familiar with the text, some kind

person

> > > > can list the corresponding page numbers in the Chandi Path

book. For

> > > > instance, I looked in vain for something labelled " Kilakam " this

> > > > morning and couldn't find it. I just want to be able to do this

> > > > sankalpa correctly, and avoid complete discouragement.

> > > >

> > > > Thank you!

> > > > -Sundari

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Day 1: Devata Pranam through Kilakam

> > > > > Day 2: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Vedoktam Ratri

> > > Shuktam through

> > > > > Chapter 1

> > > > > Day 3: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 2, 3

and 4

> > > > > Day 4: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 5 and 6

> > > > > Day 5: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 7 and 8

> > > > > Day 6: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 9 and 10

> > > > > Day 7: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Chapters 11, 12

> > and 13

> > > > > Day 8: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Shapoddhara,

> > > utkilana, and

> > > > > mritasamjivani mantras, Navarna Viddhi through Murti Rahasya

> > > > > Day 9: Devata Pranam through Shanti Path, and Kshama Prathana

> > > through end

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > -------------------------

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.5.1/764 - Release Date:

> > 4/17/2007 4:43 AM

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

> > Check outnew cars at Autos.

> >

>