IndiaDivine.org

To aniruddhan about Shree Chandi Maa and the Temple of Doom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

aniruddhan wrote:

When I arrived in India, I made a sankalpa to chant at least 3 chapters of the Chandi Patah every day...One night I...looked around and was shocked to see that I was surrounded by at least a dozen 2-3" giant cockroaches... swarming around me. I couldn't believe such monster bugs even existed. ...But I remembered I was not supposed to leave my asan until I completed my chanting. So I continued on until I was done, then leapt up and ran from the scene. I understood that one's resolve is sometimes tested, so the next night I thought about Shree Durga Maa's lion of courage as I cautiously went back to my asan for another session. This time only a single monster cockroach appeared. But he sat directly in front of me the entire time I chanted, as if he were listening to every word. When I finished, he scurried off. I had a feeling he was pleased, and I actually became rather fond of him as well. Since that night, not a single giant cockroach has bothered me.

Dear aniruddhan ~ what a story you have shared with us! The only thing I can think of that is similar are the Mexican cockroaches, which sometimes show up on the other side of the border. I don't think there is any immigration policy that can keep them out ... not even a wall. But I have lived in apartment buildings that were, at times, beset by the regular size cockroaches, and those were intimidating enough for me, especially when I discovered that they could fly! Maa Durga may have been testing you, and a high five for sticking it out with all those monsters watching. The lone cockroach ... perhaps Maa Durga has plans for that one ... perhaps in his next life, he will incarnate in a way that will allow him to really participate in puja.

I have always thought it would be so wonderful if some stories of experiences of Maa's and Swamiji's children. I have been away from the digest for a long time, but when I was more active, I was constantly amazed, delighted, transported, etc. by the personal experiences that were shared. ...and the story continues. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji ~ Linda P.S. Even though I took out the Temple of Doom text (I usually try not to re-quote the entire post), I really related ... and that is one of my favorite movies!See what's free at AOL.com.