IndiaDivine.org

To vishveshwar about What is my conscience?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

vishveshwar wrote:

So I asked Swami: "I understand thatdivine beings, avatars, manifest in every age when dharma isthreatened by negativity, etc., but what is the experience inside methat occurs when negativity and stress predominate and ideal behavioris not even a faint impulse?"Swami responded: "When you are contemplating an action which could benegative, YOUR CONSCIENCE speaks up and says: HEY, if you do that itwill bring you more BAD KARMA, SO DON'T DO THAT. It is yourconscience which represents the HIGHEST IDEAL OF PERFECTION, and helpsyou pause, and consider the results of your action, and guides you toperform the right action, bringing positive results, and leading yourtowards your highest goal."

Dear vish ~ I can't tell you how much it means to me that you shared this in this digest. As I mentioned before I'm dealing with some thorny interpersonal issues in an art group I belong to. Swami's answer could not be more perfect. Oh, I LOVE the way he puts things ... it is just so concrete; you can't help but get it.

If all we had to guide us was Swamiji's and Maa's example and this one statement, it would provide a very good rudder with which to steer through the sea of objects and relationships.

Swamiji Ki Jai! Maa Ki Jai! ~ Linda See what's free at AOL.com.