IndiaDivine.org

To vishweshwar about WHO HAS STARTED THE SACRED FIRE?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

vishweshwar wrote:

....It ties together all the techniques He andMaa have taught us: asan, breathing, chanting, focused meditation...

Dear vish ~ I would be very interested to know if any of the classes currently on the website address any of these four practices you mention above ... well, asan is probably out for me. I wrote Swamiji about a year ago, told him of my illnesses and asked him if it was okay to do my recitations reclining in my bed, and he said it was. That was such a kind and healing thing for me. But I would be especially interested in the breathing (mine is very shallow) and the focused meditation. Perhaps you or some of the other devotees know this and can just share what you know. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji ~ Linda

See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Linda,Have you ever tried visualizations? When I was taking yoga, our instructor would have us lay on our back, relax deeply, and visualize a peaceful place. It was very, very healing. The more realistic the visualization, the better.Although while trying to say the mantras, I try to completely blank my mind out, sometimes I do focus on a peaceful image.Linda, do not worry about being behind in the sankalpa. I have fallen behind as well, and I'm pretty healthy, but sometimes seriously unfocused ;)Peace,Shankari Kalinierika wrote: vishweshwar wrote: ...It ties together all the techniques He andMaa have taught us: asan, breathing, chanting, focused meditation... Dear vish ~ I would be very interested to know if any of the classes currently on the website address any of these four practices you mention above ... well, asan is probably out for me. I wrote Swamiji about a year ago, told him of my illnesses and asked him if it was okay to do my recitations reclining in my bed, and he said it was. That was such a kind and healing thing for me. But I would be especially interested in the breathing (mine is very shallow)

and the focused meditation. Perhaps you or some of the other devotees know this and can just share what you know. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji ~ Linda See what's free at AOL.com.

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.

Guest guest

Hi,

Just a footnote: I've run across a variety of sources that validate

the importance of visualization in tantra in particular, but in

sadhana in general. Swamiji has said that visualization is very powerful.

Visualization combines very well with any kind of pranayama.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali

wrote:

>

> Linda,

>

> Have you ever tried visualizations? When I was taking yoga, our

instructor would have us lay on our back, relax deeply, and visualize

a peaceful place. It was very, very healing. The more realistic the

visualization, the better.

>

> Although while trying to say the mantras, I try to completely blank

my mind out, sometimes I do focus on a peaceful image.

>

> Linda, do not worry about being behind in the sankalpa. I have

fallen behind as well, and I'm pretty healthy, but sometimes seriously

unfocused ;)

>

> Peace,

> Shankari Kali

>

> nierika wrote: vishweshwar

wrote:

> ...It ties together all the techniques He and

> Maa have taught us: asan, breathing, chanting, focused

meditation... Dear vish ~ I would be very interested to know if any of

the classes currently on the website address any of these four

practices you mention above ... well, asan is probably out for me. I

wrote Swamiji about a year ago, told him of my illnesses and asked

him if it was okay to do my recitations reclining in my bed, and he

said it was. That was such a kind and healing thing for me. But I

would be especially interested in the breathing (mine is very

shallow) and the focused meditation. Perhaps you or some of the other

devotees know this and can just share what you know. Jai Maa , Jai

Swamiji ~ Linda

>

> See what's free at AOL.com.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible " new car " smell?

> Check outnew cars at Autos.

>

Guest guest

Namaste Chris:Thanks to you and Swamiji for validating that for me.Jai Guru!Shankari KaliChris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote: Hi, Just a footnote: I've run across a variety of sources that validate the importance of visualization in tantra in particular, but in sadhana in general. Swamiji has said that visualization is very powerful. Visualization combines very well with any kind of pranayama. Jai Maa! Chris , Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote: > > Linda, > > Have you ever tried visualizations? When I was taking yoga, our instructor would have us lay on our back, relax deeply, and visualize a peaceful place. It was very, very healing. The more realistic the visualization, the better. > > Although while trying to say the mantras, I try to completely blank my mind out, sometimes I do focus on a peaceful image. > > Linda, do not worry about being behind in the sankalpa. I have fallen behind as well, and I'm pretty healthy, but sometimes seriously unfocused ;) > > Peace, > Shankari Kali > > nierika wrote: vishweshwar wrote: > ...It ties together all the techniques He and > Maa have taught us: asan, breathing, chanting, focused meditation... Dear vish ~ I would be very interested to know if any of the classes currently on the website address any of these four practices you mention above ... well, asan is probably out for me. I wrote Swamiji about a year ago, told him of my illnesses and asked him if it was okay to do my recitations reclining in my bed, and he said it was. That was such a kind and healing thing for me. But I would be especially interested in the breathing (mine is very shallow) and the focused meditation. Perhaps you or some of the other devotees know this and can just share what you know. Jai Maa , Jai Swamiji ~ Linda > > > > > > > > > See what's free at AOL.com. > > > > > >

> Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? > Check outnew cars at Autos. >

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.