HEAVEN, DEVI MANDIR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

NAMASTE: During the last class, a devotee commented that the world

seemed ready to destruct from the negativity. That the world is a dark

and horrid place, full of negativity.

Swami responded that not all places in the world are in a negative

state. For example, the Devi Mandir is an abode of sattwa, purity.

Those places where saints live and pray are full of positivity and

peace.

So, in our hearts, we should align ourselves with the centers of

positivity in our world, and follow the example of those holy beings

who made those places holy: perform the sadhana they perform, and

pray the prayers for peace they utter. Strive to create that

positive space in our own environment, and extend it thru loving

service as we go into the world.

By creating centers of peace we can begin the process of creating

peace in this world. Imagine it, plan for it, and work the plan. It

can happen. We must try, for that is the reason we incarnated on this

planet. Not to amass material wealth, or get name and fame, but to

uplift all humanity with our thoughts, words, and actions.

Jai Maa Jai Swami

vishweshwar

Guest guest

You are so right, Vish.

You know, when I think of this I always remember the Bible story of

Sodom and Gomorrah (I hope I've remembered how to spell them

properly). God looked everywhere for only one righteous person in

those places(one abode of peace, or holiness, I think), and finding

none, destroyed them.

I accept this story as an expression of a principle rather than a

literal representation of how these things happen, but it adds weight

and meaning to our personal yatras (pilgrimages), and the sadhana that

hopefully characterizes them, and hope too.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, " inspectionconnection108 "

<inspectionconnection108 wrote:

>

> NAMASTE: During the last class, a devotee commented that the world

> seemed ready to destruct from the negativity. That the world is a dark

> and horrid place, full of negativity.

> Swami responded that not all places in the world are in a negative

> state. For example, the Devi Mandir is an abode of sattwa, purity.

> Those places where saints live and pray are full of positivity and

> peace.

> So, in our hearts, we should align ourselves with the centers of

> positivity in our world, and follow the example of those holy beings

> who made those places holy: perform the sadhana they perform, and

> pray the prayers for peace they utter. Strive to create that

> positive space in our own environment, and extend it thru loving

> service as we go into the world.

> By creating centers of peace we can begin the process of creating

> peace in this world. Imagine it, plan for it, and work the plan. It

> can happen. We must try, for that is the reason we incarnated on this

> planet. Not to amass material wealth, or get name and fame, but to

> uplift all humanity with our thoughts, words, and actions.

>

> Jai Maa Jai Swami

>

> vishweshwar

>

Guest guest

Namaste:That is an inspiring message from Swami. I would also like to add one thing further if I might. The darkness begins in us. It begins in the way we view the world. It begins in the way we view other people. It begins in the way we interact with other people. As we clear those things up, even the ugliest, dirtiest, most immoral place can seem bright. Of course we will still know objectively that there are still those around us who are still stuck in that dark place.As we pray and reach out in our pain (darkness is painful), Mother Kali will hear us, Father Shiva will move toward us slowly, and we can find peace even in a very dark place.Peace,Shankari KaliChris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote: You are so right, Vish. You know, when I think of this I always remember the Bible story of Sodom and Gomorrah (I hope I've remembered how to spell them properly). God looked everywhere for only one righteous person in those places(one abode of peace, or holiness, I think), and finding none, destroyed them. I accept this story as an expression of a principle rather than a literal representation of how these things happen, but it adds weight and meaning to our personal yatras (pilgrimages), and the sadhana that hopefully characterizes them, and hope too. Jai Maa! Chris ,

"inspectionconnection108" <inspectionconnection108 wrote: > > NAMASTE: During the last class, a devotee commented that the world > seemed ready to destruct from the negativity. That the world is a dark > and horrid place, full of negativity. > Swami responded that not all places in the world are in a negative > state. For example, the Devi Mandir is an abode of sattwa, purity. > Those places where saints live and pray are full of positivity and > peace. > So, in our hearts, we should align ourselves with the centers of > positivity in our world, and follow the example of those holy beings > who made those places holy: perform the sadhana they perform, and > pray the prayers for peace they utter. Strive to create that > positive space in our own environment, and extend it thru loving > service as we go into the world. > By

creating centers of peace we can begin the process of creating > peace in this world. Imagine it, plan for it, and work the plan. It > can happen. We must try, for that is the reason we incarnated on this > planet. Not to amass material wealth, or get name and fame, but to > uplift all humanity with our thoughts, words, and actions. > > Jai Maa Jai Swami > > vishweshwar >

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.

Guest guest

Very inspiring! Our sankalpa's are so important. The deeper our peace grows within ourselves the further the aura reaches out from us to others. It begins with us, we change ourselves and that changes the things around us. Thank you Swami, Chris and Shankari Kali for reminding us!ari_kali wrote: Namaste:That is an inspiring message from Swami. I would also like to add one thing further

if I might. The darkness begins in us. It begins in the way we view the world. It begins in the way we view other people. It begins in the way we interact with other people. As we clear those things up, even the ugliest, dirtiest, most immoral place can seem bright. Of course we will still know objectively that there are still those around us who are still stuck in that dark place.As we pray and reach out in our pain (darkness is painful), Mother Kali will hear us, Father Shiva will move toward us slowly, and we can find peace even in a very dark place.Peace,Shankari KaliChris Kirner <chriskirner1956 > wrote: You are so right, Vish.You know, when I think of this I always remember the Bible story ofSodom and Gomorrah (I hope I've remembered how to spell themproperly). God

looked everywhere for only one righteous person inthose places(one abode of peace, or holiness, I think), and findingnone, destroyed them.I accept this story as an expression of a principle rather than aliteral representation of how these things happen, but it adds weightand meaning to our personal yatras (pilgrimages), and the sadhana thathopefully characterizes them, and hope too.Jai Maa!Chris , "inspectionconnection108"<inspectionconnection108 wrote:>> NAMASTE: During the last class, a devotee commented that the world> seemed ready to destruct from the negativity. That the world is a dark> and horrid place, full of negativity. > Swami responded that not all places in the world are in a negative> state. For example, the Devi Mandir is an abode of sattwa,

purity. > Those places where saints live and pray are full of positivity and> peace. > So, in our hearts, we should align ourselves with the centers of> positivity in our world, and follow the example of those holy beings> who made those places holy: perform the sadhana they perform, and> pray the prayers for peace they utter. Strive to create that> positive space in our own environment, and extend it thru loving> service as we go into the world. > By creating centers of peace we can begin the process of creating> peace in this world. Imagine it, plan for it, and work the plan. It> can happen. We must try, for that is the reason we incarnated on this> planet. Not to amass material wealth, or get name and fame, but to> uplift all humanity with our thoughts, words, and actions. > > Jai Maa Jai Swami> > vishweshwar> TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Mail Q&A for great tips from Answers users.