IndiaDivine.org

Chandi -Day 1 - Unlock the Pin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,

I hope you had a chance to start the sankalpa this morning. Today we are to chant from the beginning "Sriman Mahaganadhipataye Namah" to the end of "Atha Kilakam".

Reading the portions from "Atha Sapta Sloki Durga" to the Kilakam felt like I was visiting old friends. You see, as part of my "normal" chanting I do the Seedha Path that jumps straight to the Vedic Ratri suktam. (Anyone that wants to know what the Seedha Path is ,please post and let me know).

Anyway I realised why I love the "Atha Kilakam" so much , some of the verses are good reminders when we are tempted to slack off.

Here are some MAJOR pointers in the Kilakam for the sadhaks

1) REPEATED APPLICATION is the Key to any sadhana - Verse 4 says "There is NO mantra, NO medicine, nor anything else known, by which indifference to all can be attained without repeated application" (emphasis mine).2) What we put into our practice is what we get back - the more the devotion the more Her grace. This is the pin.Verse 8 says "As one gives, so in return does one receive, and by no other means is She pleased"

3) Once we know the value of any sadhana, we should diligently practice. Use it or lose it.Verse 11 says " Having understood , one should commence and practice it; by not performing , it will perish. Again by having understood comes fulfillemnt. This is undertaken by those who know."

4) God(dess) ALWAYS helps sincere sadhaks and it is in our own best interest to keep doing sadhana.Verse 14 says" When the blessing of the Supreme Sovereign is welfare, health, fulfillment, the destruction of all enmity, and the ultimate liberation , why will people not sing Her praise?"

Why indeed?I hope that this Chandi Sankalpa will serve as a booster for our sadhana. Please post and share what inspires you about the Chandi, and what verses in the Chandi that you are most drawn to.

Of course, questions are always welcome. We can forward them to Swamiji for His input and guidance.

JAI CHANDI MAA!Nanda

Guest guest

Beautifully said Nanda Maharani Ji!

JAI MAA!

-

Nanda

Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:56 AM

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Chandi -Day 1 - Unlock the Pin

Dear All,

I hope you had a chance to start the sankalpa this morning. Today we are to chant from the beginning "Sriman Mahaganadhipataye Namah" to the end of "Atha Kilakam".

Reading the portions from "Atha Sapta Sloki Durga" to the Kilakam felt like I was visiting old friends. You see, as part of my "normal" chanting I do the Seedha Path that jumps straight to the Vedic Ratri suktam. (Anyone that wants to know what the Seedha Path is ,please post and let me know).

Anyway I realised why I love the "Atha Kilakam" so much , some of the verses are good reminders when we are tempted to slack off.

1) REPEATED APPLICATION is the Key to any sadhana - Verse 4 says "There is NO mantra, NO medicine, nor anything else known, by which indifference to all can be attained without repeated application" (emphasis mine).2) What we put into our practice is what we get back - the more the devotion the more Her grace. This is the pin.Verse 8 says "As one gives, so in return does one receive, and by no other means is She pleased"

3) Once we know the value of any sadhana, we should diligently practice. Use it or lose it.Verse 11 says " Having understood , one should commence and practice it; by not performing , it will perish. Again by having understood comes fulfillemnt. This is undertaken by those who know."

4) God(dess) ALWAYS helps sincere sadhaks and it is in our own best interest to keep doing sadhana.Verse 14 says" When the blessing of the Supreme Sovereign is welfare, health, fulfillment, the destruction of all enmity, and the ultimate liberation , why will people not sing Her praise?"

Why indeed?I hope that this Chandi Sankalpa will serve as a booster for our sadhana. Please post and share what inspires you about the Chandi, and what verses in the Chandi that you are most drawn to.

Of course, questions are always welcome. We can forward them to Swamiji for His input and guidance.

JAI CHANDI MAA!Nanda

Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.1/807 - Release 5/16/2007 6:05 PM

Guest guest

Such wise words! I am inspired.

prema

-Sundari

On 5/17/07, Nanda <chandimaakijai wrote:

Dear All,

I hope you had a chance to start the sankalpa this morning. Today we are to chant from the beginning " Sriman Mahaganadhipataye Namah " to the end of " Atha Kilakam " .

Reading the portions from " Atha Sapta Sloki Durga " to the Kilakam felt like I was visiting old friends. You see, as part of my " normal " chanting I do the Seedha Path that jumps straight to the Vedic Ratri suktam. (Anyone that wants to know what the Seedha Path is ,please post and let me know).

Anyway I realised why I love the " Atha Kilakam " so much , some of the verses are good reminders when we are tempted to slack off.

1) REPEATED APPLICATION is the Key to any sadhana - Verse 4 says " There is NO mantra, NO medicine, nor anything else known, by which indifference to all can be attained without repeated application " (emphasis mine).

2) What we put into our practice is what we get back - the more the devotion the more Her grace. This is the pin.Verse 8 says " As one gives, so in return does one receive, and by no other means is She pleased "

3) Once we know the value of any sadhana, we should diligently practice. Use it or lose it.Verse 11 says " Having understood , one should commence and practice it; by not performing , it will perish. Again by having understood comes fulfillemnt. This is undertaken by those who know. "

4) God(dess) ALWAYS helps sincere sadhaks and it is in our own best interest to keep doing sadhana.Verse 14 says " When the blessing of the Supreme Sovereign is welfare, health, fulfillment, the destruction of all enmity, and the ultimate liberation , why will people not sing Her praise? "

JAI CHANDI MAA!Nanda

-- -------

erinwww.erinjohansen.com

Guest guest

Nanda,

I just want to say what a joy it is to see your posts - talk about

visiting old friends!

Jai Maa!

Chris

, " Nanda " <chandimaakijai wrote:

>

>

> Dear All,

>

> I hope you had a chance to start the sankalpa this morning. Today we are

> to chant from the beginning " Sriman Mahaganadhipataye Namah " to the end

> of " Atha Kilakam " .

>

> Reading the portions from " Atha Sapta Sloki Durga " to the Kilakam felt

> like I was visiting old friends. You see, as part of my " normal "

> chanting I do the Seedha Path that jumps straight to the Vedic Ratri

> suktam. (Anyone that wants to know what the Seedha Path is ,please post

> and let me know).

>

> Anyway I realised why I love the " Atha Kilakam " so much , some of the

> verses are good reminders when we are tempted to slack off.

>

> Here are some MAJOR pointers in the Kilakam for the sadhaks

>

> 1) REPEATED APPLICATION is the Key to any sadhana -

> Verse 4 says " There is NO mantra, NO medicine, nor anything else known,

> by which indifference to all can be attained without repeated

> application " (emphasis mine).

>

> 2) What we put into our practice is what we get back - the more the

> devotion the more Her grace. This is the pin.

> Verse 8 says " As one gives, so in return does one receive, and by no

> other means is She pleased "

>

> 3) Once we know the value of any sadhana, we should diligently practice.

> Use it or lose it.

> Verse 11 says " Having understood , one should commence and practice it;

> by not performing , it will perish. Again by having understood comes

> fulfillemnt. This is undertaken by those who know. "

>

> 4) God(dess) ALWAYS helps sincere sadhaks and it is in our own best

> interest to keep doing sadhana.

> Verse 14 says " When the blessing of the Supreme Sovereign is welfare,

> health, fulfillment, the destruction of all enmity, and the ultimate

> liberation , why will people not sing Her praise? "

>

> Why indeed?

>

> I hope that this Chandi Sankalpa will serve as a booster for our

> sadhana. Please post and share what inspires you about the Chandi, and

> what verses in the Chandi that you are most drawn to.

>

> Of course, questions are always welcome. We can forward them to Swamiji

> for His input and guidance.

>

> JAI CHANDI MAA!

> Nanda

>