IndiaDivine.org

Obstructive Gestures ( Pronunciation )

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jai Jagdamba !! Namaskaar to Forum. Yes, I too agree that Karmas of self put obstacles.Earlier ( still have) I had problems/confusions regarding the pronunciation of the Beej mantras i.e Aing or Aim; Hring or Hrim, Kling or Kleem; and when i addressed to the forum, I got the response that both are correct ( In north India it is something and in Southern india it is else) but shall be practised with devotion. However, I still in heart confused and unconvinced !! because of following: How can a mantra be recited in two different ways that is completely different because my understanding of the mantra is that it is based on the divine formula of letters and words. Hence, how can both bring same results. And this is what preventing me from practising various divine mantras which includes beej mantras. And probably this lack of trust is not bringing good results of Navarna mantra

Chanting !! Seeking guidance !! RegardsNitin Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote: Namaste Nitin:I have heard that karma fights you. Ironically the more problems it causes, the more you ought to try it out and see why.Peace,Shankari KaliMahamuni Das <mahamuni (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote: Namaste Nitin, My humble opinion is that this is mere coincidence or possibly that the Navarna Mantra sadhana is bringing up more for you quicker, in terms of things you need to work on. JAI MAA! Surya - Nik Friday, May 18, 2007 11:03 AM [www.ShreeMaa.org] Obstructive Gestures Jai Maa Jagdamba !!I had been facing a strange thing happening to me whenever I start Navarna Mantra Saadhana. Whenever I start the recitation of Navarna Mantra, things around me acts unfavourable to me. I have quarrels with my parents and also on the professional front, things does not appear favourable.Is it because that I have not yet become eligible for practising this divine mantra or am I practising it wrongly. The

pronunciation I use is " Om Aim Hrim Klim Chammundaiye Vicche".However, when I chant Durga Sookta, everything remains good. But why it happens when I chant Navarna Mantra ? Seeking Guidance and advise.Jai Maa !!Nitin Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.3/809 - Release 5/17/2007 5:18 PM Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Guest guest

Namaste Nitin,

The answer to your question, as I understand it (though my understanding is EXTREMELY LIMITED), is that these pronunciations of these bija mantras are only the closest approximations we can produce to these sounds, not the exact pronunciation anyway. These are subtle sounds that eventually an aspirant can hear within utilizing a subtle faculty. It is only our Western trained minds that believe that there is only one right answer or right way to do things. In India, it doesn't work like this. Things, like pronunciations, are passed down thru Guru Parampara Lineages, from Guru to Disciple in an unbroken succession. Things even get altered often at least somewhat, along the way, but the transmission and Shakti remain as full as possible. In the West we believe in evolution and a linear time model. In Indian Esoteric Traditions, things are cyclical and are actually Perfect in the Beginning and de-evolve as time goes on, only to be reborn in full at some later time.

So there are different traditions of how to pronounce these Sanskrit sounds, that have taken different shape based upon the language and dialect of the various regions and its peoples.

So don't worry, just chant. When you are chanting just for God/Goddess, and not for some selfish aim like a better job or to defeat an enemy, etc., there is never ANY need to fear anything. Just be innocent like a child in your Devotion and its aims, and the Goddess will guide you in the exact way you need to tread the Path. As it is said, "A child can be bad, but a Mother can never be bad".

JAI MAA!

Surya

-

Nitin Gupta

Saturday, May 19, 2007 10:33 AM

Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Obstructive Gestures ( Pronunciation )

Jai Jagdamba !!

Namaskaar to Forum.

Yes, I too agree that Karmas of self put obstacles.Earlier ( still have) I had problems/confusions regarding the pronunciation of the Beej mantras i.e Aing or Aim; Hring or Hrim, Kling or Kleem; and when i addressed to the forum, I got the response that both are correct ( In north India it is something and in Southern india it is else) but shall be practised with devotion. However, I still in heart confused and unconvinced !! because of following:

How can a mantra be recited in two different ways that is completely different because my understanding of the mantra is that it is based on the divine formula of letters and words. Hence, how can both bring same results. And this is what preventing me from practising various divine mantras which includes beej mantras. And probably this lack of trust is not bringing good results of Navarna mantra Chanting !!

Seeking guidance !!

RegardsNitin

Shankari Kali <shankari_kali > wrote:

Namaste Nitin:I have heard that karma fights you. Ironically the more problems it causes, the more you ought to try it out and see why.Peace,Shankari KaliMahamuni Das <mahamuni (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote:

Namaste Nitin,

My humble opinion is that this is mere coincidence or possibly that the Navarna Mantra sadhana is bringing up more for you quicker, in terms of things you need to work on.

JAI MAA!

Surya

-

Nik

Friday, May 18, 2007 11:03 AM

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Obstructive Gestures

Jai Maa Jagdamba !!I had been facing a strange thing happening to me whenever I start Navarna Mantra Saadhana. Whenever I start the recitation of Navarna Mantra, things around me acts unfavourable to me. I have quarrels with my parents and also on the professional front, things does not appear favourable.Is it because that I have not yet become eligible for practising this divine mantra or am I practising it wrongly. The pronunciation I use is " Om Aim Hrim Klim Chammundaiye Vicche".However, when I chant Durga Sookta, everything remains good. But why it happens when I chant Navarna Mantra ? Seeking Guidance and advise.Jai Maa !!Nitin

Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.3/809 - Release 5/17/2007 5:18 PM

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.4/811 - Release 5/18/2007 3:50 PM

Guest guest

Hi Nitin,

Your lack of faith in yourself regarding the pronunciation of the

bijas has to result from your lack of a relationship of trust with a

qualified teacher from a recognized tradition.

My gurudeva was from a tradition where the bijas were pronounced with

an 'mmm' sound. Now that I'm practicing under Shree Maa and Swamiji

Satyananda, who come from a different tradition, the bijas are

pronounced with an 'nng' sound. Swamiji calls it " the Tantric way " of

pronouncing the bijas.

Either way is correct, in part at least, because the shakti flows from

the tradition and its succession of teachers and devotees, through the

gurudeva to the individual. If you find a teacher you can trust, do it

the way (s)he does it. If you're practicing with us, (the Chandi

sankalpa, for instance), I would suggest doing it the way Swamiji

suggests, at least for the duration of the practice.

You can make all the boxes you like, but try as you might, you cannot

get God into any of them (believe me I try). If your notion of what

constitutes the relationship between sound, form and God's grace is

different than the reality, perhaps it's time to change your notion.

May God's grace resolve your doubts.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, Nitin Gupta <ntngpt wrote:

>

> Jai Jagdamba !!

>

> Namaskaar to Forum.

>

> Yes, I too agree that Karmas of self put obstacles.Earlier ( still

have) I had problems/confusions regarding the pronunciation of the

Beej mantras i.e Aing or Aim; Hring or Hrim, Kling or Kleem; and when

i addressed to the forum, I got the response that both are correct (

In north India it is something and in Southern india it is else) but

shall be practised with devotion. However, I still in heart confused

and unconvinced !! because of following:

>

> How can a mantra be recited in two different ways that is

completely different because my understanding of the mantra is that it

is based on the divine formula of letters and words. Hence, how can

both bring same results. And this is what preventing me from

practising various divine mantras which includes beej mantras. And

probably this lack of trust is not bringing good results of Navarna

mantra Chanting !!

>

> Seeking guidance !!

> Regards

> Nitin

>

>

>

> Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:

> Namaste Nitin:

>

> I have heard that karma fights you. Ironically the more problems it

causes, the more you ought to try it out and see why.

>

> Peace,

> Shankari Kali

>

> Mahamuni Das <mahamuni wrote:

> Namaste Nitin,

>

> My humble opinion is that this is mere coincidence or possibly

that the Navarna Mantra sadhana is bringing up more for you quicker,

in terms of things you need to work on.

>

> JAI MAA!

>

> Surya

> -

> Nik

>

> Friday, May 18, 2007 11:03 AM

> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Obstructive Gestures

>

>

> Jai Maa Jagdamba !!

>

> I had been facing a strange thing happening to me whenever I start

> Navarna Mantra Saadhana. Whenever I start the recitation of Navarna

> Mantra, things around me acts unfavourable to me. I have quarrels

> with my parents and also on the professional front, things does not

> appear favourable.

>

> Is it because that I have not yet become eligible for practising this

> divine mantra or am I practising it wrongly. The pronunciation I use

> is " Om Aim Hrim Klim Chammundaiye Vicche " .

>

> However, when I chant Durga Sookta, everything remains good. But why

> it happens when I chant Navarna Mantra ?

>

> Seeking Guidance and advise.

>

> Jai Maa !!

>

> Nitin

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.3/809 - Release Date:

5/17/2007 5:18 PM

>

>

>

>

>

> Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're

surfing.

>

>

>

>

>

> Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

>