fallen flowers, etc., Swami tells us that we are building a personal

relationship with Siva. He has indicated that we should offer the best

that we can and keep our altar clean and our articles of worship:

copper bowls, etc, polished and beautiful, and we should chant the

mantras to the best of our ability. Also, he suggests it is best to

get into the practice of the puja rather than spending much time

hunting for articles of worship. Many times, as he has told us, he

used leaves instead of flowers, and water instead of milk. He used

what was available, but, he always performed the puja.

I will share my own experience: I do not drink cow's milk, but I

offer it because it is in keeping with the tradition of honoring

sacred cows, cows supplying mankind with so many blessings, and cows

representing the gentle animal world, etc.

For the food offering, many folks will primarily offer fruit. I offer

whatever my family will be consuming: i.e., bread, olives, potato

chips, energy bars, etc.

For flowers, I go to my potted plants and offer the cut flowers, and

if some have fallen, I will offer them too. When I clean up my puja,

I will save the healthy flowers and reuse them the next puja. So,

from my point of view, I believe one can offer whatever one is

comfortable offering.

Most of us started our pujas very simply: a small altar, picture of

Siva, a bowl of water, a candle, and incense holder. Now, after 10

years, every aspect of my worship has grown quite large and intricate.

I worship longer, chant more mantras, have more fancy bowls and

articles and more murtis. As I began to worship other Gods and

Goddesses I acquired large murtis of Siva, Durga, Ganesh, Lakshmi, and

Saraswati, and the altar grew to 6' long and became a prominent place

in my bedroom.

In summary, the worship of God is a very personal process and we have

to make it work for us. We have to be comfortable on every level

because we are exploring our own soul. Remember that Maa and Swami's

sole desire is that our home becomes a temple and we have a passionate

and evolving personal relationship with God. If you feel that fervor

and follow your bliss, then you are doing the right thing. " The proof

is in the pudding " , as the wise one said.

Jai Maa Jai Swami

vishweshwar

> Namaste Parvati:

>

> That's actually a good question. I don't drink milk

> either, and I too was wondering if we could offer

> soymilk instead. Ghee is also a milk product as well.

> What could be offered instead?

>

> Also when we are asked to offer flowers, may we offer

> fallen flowers?

>

> Thank You,

> Shankari Kali

> --- omshanthi9 <omshanthi9 wrote:

>

> > Namaste everyone. I am a beginner and am studying

> > the beginners puja.

> > As I am looking at the needed items I find mild and

> > yogurth. I am a

> > vegan and would not give American milk or yogurth to

> > my worst enemy,

> > how could I offer this the the Divine Mother? What

> > are the

> > alternatives? Soymilk and soy yogurth, or does it

> > need to be from cow

> > like traditionally it is in India?

> > Thank you for your help and support.

> > Parvati

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

______________________________\

____Fussy?

Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel

and lay it on us.

http://surveylink./gmrs/_panel_invite.asp?a=7

>

Guest guest

Wow, is that ever great advice (in my humble opinion)

Jai Maa!

Sushuddha

On 5/20/07, inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote:

Namaste: Regarding the offerings of cow or rice or almond milk andfallen flowers, etc., Swami tells us that we are building a personalrelationship with Siva. He has indicated that we should offer the bestthat we can and keep our altar clean and our articles of worship:

copper bowls, etc, polished and beautiful, and we should chant themantras to the best of our ability. Also, he suggests it is best toget into the practice of the puja rather than spending much timehunting for articles of worship. Many times, as he has told us, he

used leaves instead of flowers, and water instead of milk. He usedwhat was available, but, he always performed the puja. I will share my own experience: I do not drink cow's milk, but Ioffer it because it is in keeping with the tradition of honoring

sacred cows, cows supplying mankind with so many blessings, and cowsrepresenting the gentle animal world, etc. For the food offering, many folks will primarily offer fruit. I offerwhatever my family will be consuming: i.e., bread, olives, potatochips, energy bars, etc. For flowers, I go to my potted plants and offer the cut flowers, andif some have fallen, I will offer them too. When I clean up my puja,I will save the healthy flowers and reuse them the next puja. So,

from my point of view, I believe one can offer whatever one iscomfortable offering. Most of us started our pujas very simply: a small altar, picture ofSiva, a bowl of water, a candle, and incense holder. Now, after 10

years, every aspect of my worship has grown quite large and intricate.I worship longer, chant more mantras, have more fancy bowls andarticles and more murtis. As I began to worship other Gods andGoddesses I acquired large murtis of Siva, Durga, Ganesh, Lakshmi, and

Saraswati, and the altar grew to 6' long and became a prominent placein my bedroom. In summary, the worship of God is a very personal process and we haveto make it work for us. We have to be comfortable on every level

because we are exploring our own soul. Remember that Maa and Swami'ssole desire is that our home becomes a temple and we have a passionateand evolving personal relationship with God. If you feel that fervor

and follow your bliss, then you are doing the right thing. " The proofis in the pudding " , as the wise one said.Jai Maa Jai Swamivishweshwar> Namaste Parvati:> > That's actually a good question. I don't drink milk

> either, and I too was wondering if we could offer> soymilk instead. Ghee is also a milk product as well.> What could be offered instead? > > Also when we are asked to offer flowers, may we offer

> fallen flowers? > > Thank You,> Shankari Kali> --- omshanthi9 <omshanthi9 wrote:> > > Namaste everyone. I am a beginner and am studying> > the beginners puja. > > As I am looking at the needed items I find mild and> > yogurth. I am a > > vegan and would not give American milk or yogurth to> > my worst enemy, > > how could I offer this the the Divine Mother? What

> > are the > > alternatives? Soymilk and soy yogurth, or does it> > need to be from cow > > like traditionally it is in India?> > Thank you for your help and support.

> > Parvati> > > > > > > > ________Fussy?Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel

and lay it on us.http://surveylink./gmrs/_panel_invite.asp?a=7

> -- Matthew GindinTO, Canada416-633-7765

Guest guest

Namaste Vish:Thank you so much for your reply.Shanti Om,Shankari Kaliinspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote: Namaste: Regarding the offerings of cow or rice or almond milk and fallen flowers, etc., Swami tells us that we are building a personal relationship with Siva. He has indicated that we should offer the best that we can and keep our altar clean and our articles of worship: copper bowls, etc, polished and beautiful, and we should chant the mantras to the best

of our ability. Also, he suggests it is best to get into the practice of the puja rather than spending much time hunting for articles of worship. Many times, as he has told us, he used leaves instead of flowers, and water instead of milk. He used what was available, but, he always performed the puja. I will share my own experience: I do not drink cow's milk, but I offer it because it is in keeping with the tradition of honoring sacred cows, cows supplying mankind with so many blessings, and cows representing the gentle animal world, etc. For the food offering, many folks will primarily offer fruit. I offer whatever my family will be consuming: i.e., bread, olives, potato chips, energy bars, etc. For flowers, I go to my potted plants and offer the cut flowers, and if some have fallen, I will offer them too. When I clean up my puja, I will save the healthy flowers and reuse them the next puja. So, from

my point of view, I believe one can offer whatever one is comfortable offering. Most of us started our pujas very simply: a small altar, picture of Siva, a bowl of water, a candle, and incense holder. Now, after 10 years, every aspect of my worship has grown quite large and intricate. I worship longer, chant more mantras, have more fancy bowls and articles and more murtis. As I began to worship other Gods and Goddesses I acquired large murtis of Siva, Durga, Ganesh, Lakshmi, and Saraswati, and the altar grew to 6' long and became a prominent place in my bedroom. In summary, the worship of God is a very personal process and we have to make it work for us. We have to be comfortable on every level because we are exploring our own soul. Remember that Maa and Swami's sole desire is that our home becomes a temple and we have a passionate and evolving personal relationship with God. If you feel that fervor and

follow your bliss, then you are doing the right thing. "The proof is in the pudding", as the wise one said. Jai Maa Jai Swami vishweshwar > Namaste Parvati: > > That's actually a good question. I don't drink milk > either, and I too was wondering if we could offer > soymilk instead. Ghee is also a milk product as well. > What could be offered instead? > > Also when we are asked to offer flowers, may we offer > fallen flowers? > > Thank You, > Shankari Kali > --- omshanthi9 <omshanthi9 wrote: > > > Namaste everyone. I am a beginner and am studying > > the beginners puja. > > As I am looking at the needed items I find mild and > > yogurth. I am a > > vegan and would not give American milk or yogurth to > > my worst enemy, > > how could I offer this the

the Divine Mother? What > > are the > > alternatives? Soymilk and soy yogurth, or does it > > need to be from cow > > like traditionally it is in India? > > Thank you for your help and support. > > Parvati > > > > > > > > ________Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join 's user panel and lay it on us. http://surveylink./gmrs/_panel_invite.asp?a=7 >

Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on TV.