IndiaDivine.org

Chandi -Day 4 - I bow to thee in three levels

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All,

Hope you had a chance to chant today's quota - chapters 5 and 6 of the Chandi. Chapter 5 is the beginning of the uttara charitra or the 3rd episode of the Chandi. Did you know that Mahasaraswati is the deity of this episode. Bonus points if you know the name of the famous stotram in Chapter 5 (begins with Namo Devyai Mahadevyai ...) - it is known as Aparajita stuti - Praise to She who cannot be conquered...

The stotram has three interesting sections in the line 2 of the "ya devi" verse. It says "Namastasyai ! Namastasyai ! Namastasyai Namo Namah"

This means "I bow to you" and is uttered thrice... and refers to our bowing down to Her in ALL three levels - the gross body, the subtle body and the causal body. The gross body is what can be conceived thro the senses, the subtle body is what can be perceived in the mind, and the causal body is what is known thro intuition or meditation...

A personal note again regarding this chapter ... Once Swamiji remarked that I could do something, which I felt stretched me beyond my comfort zone. Immediately I stalled "Oh Swamiji thats a great idea, but I am just an ordinary normal woman. This kind of task requires a dedicated strong man"

Swamiji roared with laughter and said(paraphrase) "Thats what She said in Chapter Five of the Chandi. 'I am but a poor weak woman. What can I do ?' and look what SHE did ! She massacred the army of thoughts"

Sadhana is all about stretching our limits ... and Swamiji many times refuses to accept our own self-made restrictions that we put ourselves into and let it dictate our lives.... We need to be clear on WHY we want to do sadhana - the motivation behind - and then once clear establish a sankalpa. Anytime , the newness wears ( Chris dear), we just tell ourselves "too bad , but I will keep chanting anyway"

Like Swamiji said , we have to WANT to do it so BADLY !!!

My chanting today was at the temple, and it was a part of the regular Sunday morning Chandi. It was one of the best ever Chandis. I found that most of us were naturally quiet after this chanting and waited in line for darshan in a respectful and meditative way.

Jai Chandi MaaJai Shree MaaNanda