IndiaDivine.org

Chandi -Day 7 - Shuddha Pavitra Chirastai Vyakulata Ananya Bhakti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All esp Chris/Papia/Sundari/Kali/Sushuddha/Jennifer,

Thank you for your responses to the Chandi post. I have forwarded Swamiji your question (Papia & Sundari) and will post shortly.

Chris - Swamiji defined Samadhi for us in today's class on Chapter 4 of the Devi Gita. Samadhi is Consciousness witnessing itself.That being said, I dont know about the higher/lower types of samadhi. Perhaps you are referring to Savikalpa /Samipya/Sarupya/Sayujya Samadhi on the one hand and Nirvikalpa on the other. Can you please confirm. Thank you.

Today, we should have chanted the final 3 chapters of the 700 verses. Chapter 11 contains a wonderful hymn of praise sung by all the Devas - it is called the Narayani Stuti - and almost all the verses end with "Narayani Namostute" .It contains some of the famous verses of the Chandi - "Sarva Mangala Mangalye" , "Saranagatha dinartha.." and of course this year's sankalpa - "Sarvabadha prasamanam.." There is a wonderful powerful verse that we use for curing our diseases - it is the "Roganaseshana pahamsi tusta .." mantra.

Chapter 12 begins with the Goddess herself spelling out the merits attained by those that even hear this text chanted. Believe me, it is a good place to be !

Chapter 13 is in a way the most important chapter - where the Goddess gives us a boon. At the Mandir, we stop for a few minutes after verse 15 and tell Her what we want!

Swamiji always asks for Shuddha Pavitra Chirastai Vyakulata Ananya Bhakti ---- Pure, firm, SINCERE, (not sure what Ananya means here) DEVOTION!

We should too. And we can add in prayers and wishing good things for our family, friends and loved ones.

Once Maa was chanting all by Herself and sure enough stopped after Verse 15 in this chapter (13). I strained my ears to hear what boons would She ask for.

She chanted two verses from Chapter 11 - "Devi Prapannarti Hare Prasida" (Oh Goddess please be pleased and protect the Universe)... and "Sarvabadha Prasamanam" (Terminate all disturbances in all three worlds)

Always Always looking out for Her children.

Tomorrow we begin the Upasanghar portion - ie the portions after Chapter 13. This is the home stretch folks ...

JAI MAANanda

Guest guest

Yep, that's right, Nanda. The two divisions of samprajnata samadhi

(with knowledge) and asamprajnata samadhi (without knowledge) are

characteristic of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras (and probably other places

as well that I'm not familiar with) as divisions of samadhi into the

two primary categories corresponding to savikalpa (with seed) and

nirvikalpa (without seed) samadhi. If my memory is serving me, the

others you mention are types of bhaava samadhi, which comes before

savikalpa in a developmental progression.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, " Nanda " <chandimaakijai wrote:

>

>

> Dear All esp Chris/Papia/Sundari/Kali/Sushuddha/Jennifer,

>

> Thank you for your responses to the Chandi post. I have forwarded

> Swamiji your question (Papia & Sundari) and will post shortly.

>

> Chris - Swamiji defined Samadhi for us in today's class on Chapter 4 of

> the Devi Gita. Samadhi is Consciousness witnessing itself.

> That being said, I dont know about the higher/lower types of samadhi.

> Perhaps you are referring to Savikalpa /Samipya/Sarupya/Sayujya Samadhi

> on the one hand and Nirvikalpa on the other. Can you please confirm.

> Thank you.

>

> Today, we should have chanted the final 3 chapters of the 700 verses.

> Chapter 11 contains a wonderful hymn of praise sung by all the Devas -

> it is called the Narayani Stuti - and almost all the verses end with

> " Narayani Namostute " .It contains some of the famous verses of the

> Chandi - " Sarva Mangala Mangalye " , " Saranagatha dinartha.. " and of

> course this year's sankalpa - " Sarvabadha prasamanam.. " There is a

> wonderful powerful verse that we use for curing our diseases - it is the

> " Roganaseshana pahamsi tusta .. " mantra.

>

> Chapter 12 begins with the Goddess herself spelling out the merits

> attained by those that even hear this text chanted. Believe me, it is a

> good place to be !

>

> Chapter 13 is in a way the most important chapter - where the Goddess

> gives us a boon. At the Mandir, we stop for a few minutes after verse 15

> and tell Her what we want!

>

> Swamiji always asks for Shuddha Pavitra Chirastai Vyakulata Ananya

> Bhakti ---- Pure, firm, SINCERE, (not sure what Ananya means here)

> DEVOTION!

>

> We should too. And we can add in prayers and wishing good things for our

> family, friends and loved ones.

>

> Once Maa was chanting all by Herself and sure enough stopped after Verse

> 15 in this chapter (13). I strained my ears to hear what boons would She

> ask for.

>

> She chanted two verses from Chapter 11 - " Devi Prapannarti Hare Prasida "

> (Oh Goddess please be pleased and protect the Universe)... and

> " Sarvabadha Prasamanam " (Terminate all disturbances in all three worlds)

>

> Always Always looking out for Her children.

>

> Tomorrow we begin the Upasanghar portion - ie the portions after Chapter

> 13. This is the home stretch folks ...

>

> JAI MAA

> Nanda

>

Guest guest

Nandaji--I did as Shree Maa suggested and requested pure devotion last night when I ended the 13th chapter, and last night I had such a horrible nightmare that I woke up in a sweat. I also had a vision of Durga upon awaking that was equally disturbing.Did I do something wrong here? Now I'm feeling a bit like Nitin.Peace,Shankari Kali

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

I am sure that Nanda and others will have an answer to this, but I feel drawn to share that in the process of developing pure devotion, I have run across very difficult times both internally and externally. Learning to trust Maa (and by " Maa " I mean the Universal Mother of many names) has sometimes felt harrowing - but ultimately I have learned that for me it's in part about trusting the process, breaking through my own patterns of fear, and deepening into surrender to that deep sense of love. I suddenly think that " falling in love " is a good way to put it - there is sometimes a sense of plummeting, but as a Tibetan Buddhist master once said: " the bad news is that we are perpetually falling, hurtling through space. The good news is that we will never come to a resting place. "

For me, this means that this falling is a good thing - it is pushing deeper and deeper into the depths of Maa's love and acceptance, where freedom is absolute. And there is no crash landing except the obstacles our ego mind puts in the way. The very universe is Her embrace, our bodies the palpable sensation of being held.

My words are just a humble offering. May you find peace in your devotion.

shanti saa'ham

-sundari

On 5/24/07, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:

Nandaji--I did as Shree Maa suggested and requested pure devotion last night when I ended the 13th chapter, and last night I had such a horrible nightmare that I woke up in a sweat. I also had a vision of Durga upon awaking that was equally disturbing.

Did I do something wrong here? Now I'm feeling a bit like Nitin.Peace,Shankari Kali

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories at Games.

-- -------

erinwww.erinjohansen.com

Guest guest

Thank you Sundari. Your words are comforting.Peace,Shankari KaliSundari <erin.johansen wrote: I am sure that Nanda and others will have an answer to this, but I feel drawn to share that in the process of developing pure devotion, I have run across very difficult times both internally and externally. Learning to trust Maa (and by "Maa" I mean the Universal Mother of many names) has sometimes felt harrowing - but ultimately I have learned that for me it's in part about

trusting the process, breaking through my own patterns of fear, and deepening into surrender to that deep sense of love. I suddenly think that "falling in love" is a good way to put it - there is sometimes a sense of plummeting, but as a Tibetan Buddhist master once said: "the bad news is that we are perpetually falling, hurtling through space. The good news is that we will never come to a resting place." For me, this means that this falling is a good thing - it is pushing deeper and deeper into the depths of Maa's love and acceptance, where freedom is absolute. And there is no crash landing except the obstacles our ego mind puts in the way. The very universe is Her embrace, our bodies the palpable sensation of being held. My words are just a humble offering. May you find peace in your devotion. shanti saa'ham -sundari On 5/24/07, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali > wrote: Nandaji--I did as Shree Maa suggested and requested pure devotion last night when I ended the 13th chapter, and last night I had such a horrible nightmare that I woke up in a sweat. I also had a vision of Durga upon awaking that was equally disturbing. Did I do something wrong here? Now I'm feeling a bit like Nitin.Peace,Shankari Kali Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.Play Sims Stories at Games. -- ------- erin (AT) erinjohansen (DOT) comwww.erinjohansen.com

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.