IndiaDivine.org

Chandi -Day 5&6 - I am doing fine ,Maa, with your blessing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Indeed Chris I completely agree. The sage in the teaching I mentioned still perceives self and other, etc; but they do not identify with it, and do not seek their wellbeing in terms of measuring themselves against others. They identify with the Supreme Consciousness as you wrote.

Jai Maa!

Sushuddha

On 5/23/07, Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote:

Hi Sushuddha,I think the difference between the unenlightened and enlightenedperspective is that of identification and recognition.The unenlightened identify with the ego, and they see others in

relation to that ego. The enlightened identify with the SupremeConsciousness, and they recognize That in others, too. They are notlimited in any way in their perceptions, but they are not bound bythem. Mother mentioned in one of the books, I think Before Becoming

This, that its really interesting to see all the variations intendencies in different people, so it's not as if there's norecognition of differences, there's just no limitation of perceptionto the level of individual egos alone.

, " Matthew Gindin " <matthewgindin wrote:

>> Namaste Nanda,> > Reading your Chandi posts inspires me to want to begin studying andchanting> it...I hope I will soon be able to!> Reading your post about conceit and self-deprecation brought to mind

> something the Buddha said: (paraphrasing)> > " The sage does not regard himself as better than others,> as worse than others,> or as equal to others " .> > The first time I read this quote it gave me pause. The sage doesn't

regard> others and himself as* equal*? My teacher in Buddhism, ThanissaroBhikkhu,> explained that the sage has transcended thinking in terms of self, and> therefore does not compare him or herself to others at all. " Manas "

in Pali,> the language of the Theravada Buddhist scriptures, means " mind " , " measure " ,> " concept " and " conceit " . As long as one is measuring self and otherone is

> conceiving the world in terms of self and perpetuating conceit. Sothe sage> does not even think " others and myself are equal " . This thought canonly> arise in an unenlightened mind.

> *But*, as my teacher said, it should! Comparing oneself and othersis always> dangerous, but at times it can be a kind of medicine if doneconsciously.> For example, if one is feeling down, one might remind oneself that

there are> areas where one has gifts that others don't. If one is feelingproud, one> might remind oneself that others excell us in many ways, or of ourfaults> others don't have. As an antidote to both, you might reflect on how

everyone> is equally struggling through the rounds of birth and death, howeveryone> has strengths and weaknesses, etc until you feel " myself and others are> equal " . All of these are just games to balance " manas " , the lower mind,

> however. The true realization abandons comparing self and others.,because> it has seen through identification with name and form. In Hindu Dharma> terms, one thinks of others and self as having the same Self.

> > Jai Maa!> Sushuddha> > > > On 5/23/07, Nanda <chandimaakijai wrote:> >> > Dear All,> >> > Hope you had a chance to chant chapter 7 & 8 yesterday and 9 & 10 today.

> > Chapter 7 introduces us to Kali - picture Her with two heads - onein each> > hand. She takes away Anger and Passion. In Chapter 8, she opensHer mouth> > and swallows the seeds of Desire.

> >> > Today chapter 9 & 10, Chandi Maa takes care of the two brothers - Self> > Deprecation and Self Conceit. Are these two qualities related toeach other> > - ie when you have one do you have in some way the other too ?

Please do> > post your opinion and thoughts on this question. Thank you.> >> > Chapter 10 marks the demise of the last of our negativities... Theonly> > thing left to do is to sing Her name with joy.

> >> > ....> >> > Re the discussion on focus (and multi-tasking), I would like torelate an> > incident from my recent past.> >> > I went to the temple on Sunday morning as usual. I was happy to

see Maa> > and Swamiji making their way to the temple and stopped before themto make> > my pranams. Swamiji and Maa asked how I was .... and at thatmoment instead> > of answering them ... I remembered how I had not switched my

sunglasses with> > my normal glasses ... and exclaimed aloud " Omigosh, I am stillwearing my> > sunglasses! I have to go back to get my other pair! " > >> > This , in front of Maa and Swamiji - forgetting my original

intention to> > bow at their feet, forgetting to answer their question (how areyou - Maa> > asks so sweetly) -- but all the time being so self absorbed andstill " in> > the world " . And of course, Swamiji didnt miss a beat, and said

" We'll see> > you shortly then " > >> > Swamiji often tells us (paraphrase) " When you come to the Mandir,leave> > the world outside the gate. And to do that takes a lot of

preparation -> > doing your work so efficiently so that you dont have to go backand re-do or> > complete it. " > >> > I realize that I need to give my mind a clear directive - to be

completed> > with all open tasks, so that when I enter the gate - I am ready tofocus on> > Maa and Swamiji and give the appropriate answer to their question.> >> > I am doing fine Maa, with your blessings...

> >> > Jai Maa> > Nanda> >> >> >> > > >> > > > -- > Matthew Gindin> TO, Canada> 416-633-7765

> -- Matthew GindinTO, Canada416-633-7765