IndiaDivine.org

683--Q&A WITH SWAMIJI- Altar direction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Question from Rolf:I want to start doing the beginner Shiva Puja and I am considering where to put my altar. I have a good place that I can use immediately but it is on a westward wall. Until I can rearrange the house to accomodate a more permenant altar that faces the proper direction, is it OK to do the puja facing west? As an alternative, would it be possible to move the altar before each puja so that it faces the proper direction and then put it back when the worship is complete?Swamiji's response:It is OK for the worshipper to face west, but place the lingam to the north.

Guest guest

Dear Swamiji, Is there a general theory about which deity should face which direction ? Is there any rule that certain deities must or must not face a certain direction ? Thanks, Prasana. Nanda <chandimaakijai wrote: Question from Rolf:I want to start doing the beginner Shiva Puja and I am considering where to put my altar. I have a good place

that I can use immediately but it is on a westward wall. Until I can rearrange the house to accomodate a more permenant altar that faces the proper direction, is it OK to do the puja facing west? As an alternative, would it be possible to move the altar before each puja so that it faces the proper direction and then put it back when the worship is complete?Swamiji's response:It is OK for the worshipper to face west, but place the lingam to the north.

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.

Guest guest

Namaste Prasana,Please see http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/123 , and the section Altar Vastu and Altar Direction for answers to your questions below.Hope this helps.Jai MaaNanda

, Ray Happy <amritanandamoyi wrote:>> Dear Swamiji,> > Is there a general theory about which deity should face which direction ? Is there any rule that certain deities must or must not face a certain direction ?> > Thanks,> Prasana.> > > > > Nanda chandimaakijai wrote:> Question from Rolf:> I want to start doing the beginner Shiva Puja and I am considering where to put my altar. I have a good place that I can use immediately but it is on a westward wall. Until I can rearrange the house to accomodate a more permenant altar that faces the proper direction, is it OK to do the puja facing west? As an alternative, would it be possible to move the altar before each puja so that it faces the proper direction and then put it back when the worship is complete?> > Swamiji's response:> It is OK for the worshipper to face west, but place the lingam to the north. > > > > > > Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.>

Guest guest

Thanks Nanda.Nanda <chandimaakijai wrote: Namaste Prasana,Please see http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/123 , and the section Altar Vastu and Altar Direction for answers to your questions below.Hope this helps.Jai MaaNanda , Ray Happy <amritanandamoyi wrote:>> Dear Swamiji,> > Is there a general theory

about which deity should face which direction ? Is there any rule that certain deities must or must not face a certain direction ?> > Thanks,> Prasana.> > > > > Nanda chandimaakijai wrote:> Question from Rolf:> I want to start doing the beginner Shiva Puja and I am considering where to put my altar. I have a good place that I can use immediately but it is on a westward wall. Until I can rearrange the house to accomodate a more permenant altar that faces the proper direction, is it OK to do the puja facing west? As an alternative, would it be possible to move the altar before each puja so that it faces the proper direction and then put it back when the worship is complete?> > Swamiji's response:> It is OK for the worshipper to face west, but place the lingam to the north. > > > > > > Get

the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.>

Get the toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.